T4....without Arnie...this will be bad

Byranx 11-21-2003 04:35 PM
http://filmforce.ign.com/t3/articles/441/441125p1.html

Well...they set it up for a sequel in T3 so they have to show the war now and how things in the previous movies were made possible by the future....

It's going to suck though without Arnold there...
Sharpshooter005 11-21-2003 04:44 PM
quote:
It's going to suck though without Arnold there...

Depends on how its done, I'll definately say it could very well be "lacking". But if they depict the conflict between the humans and skynet well, it could be worth seeing.
C.R Foxhound 11-21-2003 04:48 PM
they can make up for the sukiness facor of an absent Arnold by making it an anime..

....now i will shut up
Big Money 11-21-2003 05:00 PM
Terminator 3 sucked with Ah-nold. I mean, compared to T2...
Blue Crow 11-21-2003 05:06 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Big Money
Terminator 3 sucked with Ah-nold. I mean, compared to T2...

Amen,brother. Pleased

T2 is by far one of the coolest movies in history,and T3 totally ruined that. Mad

Try to make a Terminator movie without James Cameron and still have it be good? Confused Not likely. Roll Eyes
re-animate 11-21-2003 05:07 PM
i can see it now

T5: the governator
T6: the later years as governer of texas
T7: a country ruled by arnie...
T8: the presenator
T9: i had an affair
T10: i did not throttle that woman
T11: im sorry, vote for me!
T12: global domination
T13: buff hitler (the directors cut)
el_w00t 11-21-2003 08:45 PM
Laughing i thought the topic title was "T4....without Anime..."
Rouge 11-22-2003 12:09 AM
Terminator should have ended in T2

T3 was action and everything, I like the effects they were cool. The actor who plays Connor in T3 looks more like Kyle Reese than T2's Connor (Which is cool). And the ending was really powerful, I loved it.

The things I didn't like was the lack of interaction. Connor and the Terminator/Arnold (forgot his number, sorry) bearly bonded like they did in T2, there was really "meh..." character development and that girl (Connor's sweetie, did not bother with her name) was freaking annoying!!! Ughh! I wanted her to get shot! Why couldn't they use another actress!!

If they make a T4, a character I would like to see is Kyle Reese himself. He should appear as a kid, and also some of the battles between machine and man, more insight of what Kyle suffered too and described in T1 would be cool too.

They could have made T3 much better, but they got carried away with the action. You can't recreat or make sequels to old movies and have them be better. An example is Star War's OT vs. PT.

That's my opinion.

Oh and T4 will fail. I think they should leave it in T3.
Mike 11-22-2003 12:20 AM
I guess somewhere, Jean Claude Van-Damme and Steven Segal are practicing saying "Hasta la vista, baby"
Big Money 11-22-2003 10:07 AM
Ick. Jean-Clad or whatever is gnasty with a g.

Yeah, I'm with Rouge. It should be like mars attacks where they had that dude who sings "What's New Pussycat" as himself. That was fomer than dape.
John 11-22-2003 06:04 PM
I'm actually looking forward to this. I've been waiting for news about it since I saw T3, which was very good for the third film in a series. It's good to have the Terminator series headed in a new direction. Sucks that Schwarzenegger's not gonna be in it though....
Nine Kuze 04-06-2006 07:13 PM
Shouldn't this be in the Golden Maiyer forum?

Anyway, here's some news on the development of Terminator 4, where its going to be shot at and if Arnold is going to be in it.
Peace.
Generalissimo D 04-06-2006 07:20 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
Shouldn't this be in the Golden Maiyer forum?

This is a thread from an archaic time where the GMT didn't exist.

And it be best of Arnie returned to acting.
Sharpshooter005 04-06-2006 07:24 PM
quote:
Steven Segal

It's hard to read this and not just begin screaming in terror, for a good 20 straight minutes.

No really, go watch "on deadly ground". You'll wish you could gouge your own eyes out and deafen yourself within five minutes.
kaura117 04-06-2006 10:39 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Zaphod BeeblebroxAnd it be best of Arnie returned to acting.

What, are you inferring he's ever stopped? >_>
Sharpshooter005 04-06-2006 10:50 PM
Unrelated sidenote: Does California still have the rampant amount of initiatives flying around? I remember reading an article in the economist about those a while ago...and...yeah, the entire thing sounds like a gigantic joke that just keeps going and going. I'd say it made me laugh harder than anything I've ever read in the economist, but I usually get at least a chuckle from pretty much all their stuff..so..yeah.