New Fan Works

Krang 11-21-2003 01:29 AM
Today, I put up 12 new pieces of fan art! Check out these great new drawings of Big O, Roger, Dorothy, Beck, and more on our Fan Art page in the Fan Works section. Thanks to Troutman, Amy, Jorge C., Mantis, Zola, Christina C., Sherlgirl, Unibasu, and Tifaria for sending them in!

Also, I added some pictures of custom clay figures sent in by R. Umino! Check them out on our Miscellaneous Fan Works page, also under Fan Works.

Be sure to check back in the next few days for another update!
Wingnut 11-21-2003 01:16 PM
Well most of the works I've already seen before they were put on the main site, however a couple new ones ccaught my eye.
Troutman's Big O for one, and Tifaria's Dorothy, Dorothy. Featureing human Dorothy Wainright in a sepia tone.
Anarky 11-21-2003 01:26 PM
I want to see that page. NOW!!! *dyingwithoutbigo*
Wingnut 11-21-2003 01:33 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Anarky
I want to see that page. NOW!!! *dyingwithoutbigo*
Uh, ok. just click on the Paradigm City Forums sign/banner at the top of any forum page and you should wind up at the home page.
Anarky 11-21-2003 01:39 PM
nah, that doesn't work, unfortunately. it always says "404 server nto found blabla"
s-girl 11-21-2003 01:57 PM
It looks like it's working... cool!

Thanks Krang for putting up the fanarts. Are you planning to change the format of the page anytime soon? It's starting to become a very long page.
Krang 11-22-2003 02:12 AM
quote:
Originally posted by s-girl
It looks like it's working... cool!

Thanks Krang for putting up the fanarts. Are you planning to change the format of the page anytime soon? It's starting to become a very long page.

No problem. And the Fan Art page is definitely going to be rearranged soon, most likely by artist.
Jeff Wright 12-19-2003 12:34 PM
I am new here. I normally post over at www.starshipmodeler.net under the name publiusr. That is a nice starship and mecha area.

I must say that I am blown away by the fan art you have featured here. Dorothy is my favorite of course, and to me Lia has the voice of a real angel. Cartoon network choose not to show episode 20. I wonder if this was because her character was badly treated there. I think I would have had things go a little differently, with Angel going to Dastun.

Here is something to think about. David Hanson at the University Of Texas at Dallas has been working on a (head) type robot with features more human like than creations such as Kismet.

There have been problems with human-like robots in the past creeping people out. But Dorothy has about the most innocent face you could imagine, and with a little work, Hanson's K Bot could have a replacement with much friendlier features. In a recent article in Popular Science, we are introduced to Mr. Hanson, who fashioned K-Bot from his assistant Kristen Nelson. Many social workers were excited by the lifelike job he did, which could aid the handicapped, since some have problems reading facial expressions.

I would like nothing more than to see such an innocent face as this immortalized for all time--

www.paradigm-city.com/fanart/dorothyc.jpg

Perhaps even as the real thing in the distant future. I am new to Cartoon Network, and the last I saw, her character had her mind removed. Frown I think it is time it was put back.

David Hanson's wonderful work can be seen below *

I must say, K-Bot looks more like Kristen Nelson's mother from the side, so a bust with fairer features might be what it takes.

The problem with making a lifelike robot is that--past the spartan Kismet-design, you run the risk of having something very like a walking corpse--like the mannikin's from that episode of Kolchack: The Night Stalker
I don't think you would have that with an actual R. Dorothy type design, especially with some voice sampling thrown in for good measure.

As for Roger--he's a louse.

David Hanson's page is here:*

http://iiae.utdallas.edu/projects

david.hanson@student.utdallas.edu

Pass the word--I'm outta here.
PUBLIUS