Poll: What type are you? (Bring back my ghost!)

K the Wanderer 11-21-2003 05:19 PM
MENTAL DIESEASES! Oh sweet mother of macreme! I must protect my minds!

*goes to wrap minds in tinfoil*

Zola I need tinfoil!!!!!
Zola 11-21-2003 05:23 PM
quote:
Originally posted by K the Wanderer
MENTAL DIESEASES! Oh sweet mother of macreme! I must protect my minds!

*goes to wrap minds in tinfoil*

Zola I need tinfoil!!!!!

*Zola gives K the large economy roll of aluminum foil*

There you go, darling. Glad to be of help.
Lady Tesser 11-21-2003 05:28 PM
Well, would true extroverts communicate with people with a keyboard? GO OUT AND MINGLE, EXTROVERTS!

Leave us introverts alone! Tongue
Gummibear 11-21-2003 08:08 PM
I'm INFP!

slightly expressed introvert

moderately expressed intuitive personality

moderately expressed feeling personality

moderately expressed perceiving personality

I say I'm the touchy- feely/ shy type with a wild streak. I guess it's true, I tend to strive to be mutual and I'm a softy I tend to sypathize easily.But sometimes I can have bursts of spontinuity. Smile Tongue
Almasy 11-21-2003 08:09 PM
Oooh, someone other than me voted for "ENTJ"...

Who was it? I must know! ^__^
Redd 11-21-2003 10:18 PM
Your Type is
ESTJ
Extroverted Sensing Thinking Judging
Strength of the preferences %
11 33 1 33

You are:
slightly expressed extrovert

moderately expressed sensing personality

slightly expressed thinking personality

moderately expressed judging personality

Hmmm... That was... interesting.
dorothyrocks 11-22-2003 01:04 PM
ENFJ
Extroverted Intuitive Feeling Judging
33 11 22 1

You are:
-moderately expressed extrovert
-slightly expressed intuitive personality
-slightly expressed feeling personality
-slightly expressed judging personality

Very me.

There's only 2 ENFJs!!!
Pygmalion 11-22-2003 04:51 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Zola
Actually, as we read the descriptions, we can probably come to a consensus as to what types [the cast] are.

I'm pretty sure that Roger is INT something. He is definitely an introvert, he recharges by being away from people. He is a thinker for sure, remember when he was overcome with fear in Underground Terror? He was there shaking and freaking out and at the same time observing his reaction and complaining it wasn't logical!

I think he is iNtuitive rather than Sensing after going back and checking the ISTJ and ISTP descriptions.

Is he judging or perceiving? I personally would say perceiver. Negotiation is actually very P, because you need to be able to see all sides. Many people with a strong P are good at playing devil's advocate or putting themselves in someone else's shoes if they are a more feeling type.

Sure, I'll play this. I think, of the sixteen types described in the Kiersey website, Roger fits the iNTj Mastermind (strong-willed, easily makes decisions, puts work before play) best, with the iStP Crafter (good with tools -- like the Big O) and the iStJ Inspector (conservative, guardian) to a lesser extent.

Pygmalion
Jonny Axehandle 11-22-2003 07:36 PM
I got INTJ

Introverted 78
Intuitive 33
Thinking 22
Judging 11

Although I think it may be a little inacurate.
Zola 11-22-2003 07:55 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Pygmalion
Sure, I'll play this. I think, of the sixteen types described in the Kiersey website, Roger fits the iNTj Mastermind (strong-willed, easily makes decisions, puts work before play) best, with the iStP Crafter (good with tools -- like the Big O) and the iStJ Inspector (conservative, guardian) to a lesser extent.

Now me, I would say architect, and P.

quote:
The Architects' distant goal is always to rearrange the environment somehow, to shape, to construct, to devise...

quote:
My name is Roger Smith. I perform a much needed job here in the City of Amnesia

I actually know quite a few INTJ's, and they are great ones for contingency plans. Roger tends to fly by the seat of his pants as far as I can see, trusting that the right decision will suggest itself when he is in it.

But actually, since we have several living examples right here on the boards, would you say that Roger is more like Tvperez and ACT or like you and I and Falcon7?

Anyone else?
A Clockwork Tomato 11-22-2003 08:13 PM
Keep in mind that, to compare two sets of results in a valid way, you should use the same methods to arrive at them in the first place.

Thus, if you find out your own personality by taking the test, you'd want to find out another person's personality by having them take the test -- NOT by reading through descriptions of personality types.

If the person in question is fictitious or deceased, the most consistent thing to do would be to take the test for them, trying to answer the questions the way they would.

I took the test for Roger, Dorothy, and Beck. This is what I got:

ROGER: ISTJ 44-44-56-56. Personality type: "The Inspector." Roger represents the forces of law and order in a world gone mad.

DOROTHY: INTJ 78-11-11-67. Personality type: "The Mastermind." Dorothy is highly introverted and quietly plans for the long term.

BECK: ENTP 67-44-33-11 Personality type: "The Inventor." The ultimate techno-crook.
Pygmalion 11-22-2003 08:14 PM
quote:
But actually, since we have several living examples right here on the boards, would you say that Roger is more like Tvperez and ACT or like you and I and Falcon7?

Let's leave the Tomato out; he's an ENTP, and so not qualified.

I would say J because he is conciensious about finishing the job: "Living or dead, it doesn't matter."

Actually, when I roleplayed him taking the test, I got ISTJ.
Zola 11-22-2003 08:41 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Pygmalion
quote:

Let's leave the Tomato out; he's an ENTP, and so not qualified.

I would say J because he is conciensious about finishing the job: "Living or dead, it doesn't matter."

Actually, when I roleplayed him taking the test, I got ISTJ.

Well, I think you and ACT are right (or at least we three are in complete agreement as to what Roger is like) because I took the test "as him" to the best of my knowledge and got ISTJ for him as well. So I concede.

Now for Dorothy Smile ACT got INTJ. What did you get?
Pygmalion 11-22-2003 09:13 PM
Dorothy's INTJ -- Mastermind

100: very expressed introvert
22: slightly expressed intuitive personality
11: slightly expressed thinking personality
56: moderately expressed judging personality

Hear that, tvperez?

Pygmalion
A Clockwork Tomato 11-22-2003 09:25 PM
My take on Angel: ENTJ 56-33-44-1 -- "The Field Marshal"

Extraverted, Intuitive, Thinking, and (barely) Judging.
Dude Love 11-22-2003 10:18 PM
INTJ. The description seemed to be pretty accurate.
Zopwx2 11-22-2003 10:22 PM
INTP!

OOOo look at the other INTPs:

Socrates
Rene Descartes
Blaise Pascal
Sir Isaac Newton
James Madison
John Quincy Adams
John Tyler
Dwight D. Eisenhower
Gerald Ford
William Harvey (pioneer in human physiology)
C. G. Jung, (Freudian defector, author of Psychological Types, etc.)
William James
Albert Einstein
Tom Foley (Speaker of the House--U.S. House of Representatives)
Henri Mancini
Bob Newhart
Jeff Bingaman, U.S. Senator (D.--NM)
Rick Moranis (Honey, I Shrunk The Kids)
Midori Ito (ice skater, Olympic silver medalist)
Tiger Woods

The description is pretty good.

INTPs are pensive, analytical folks. They may venture so deeply into thought as to seem detached, and often actually are oblivious to the world around them.
Precise about their descriptions, INTPs will often correct others (or be sorely tempted to) if the shade of meaning is a bit off. While annoying to the less concise, this fine discrimination ability gives INTPs so inclined a natural advantage as, for example, grammarians and linguists.

INTPs are relatively easy-going and amenable to most anything until their principles are violated, about which they may become outspoken and inflexible. They prefer to return, however, to a reserved albeit benign ambiance, not wishing to make spectacles of themselves.

A major concern for INTPs is the haunting sense of impending failure. They spend considerable time second-guessing themselves. The open-endedness (from Perceiving) conjoined with the need for competence (NT) is expressed in a sense that one's conclusion may well be met by an equally plausible alternative solution, and that, after all, one may very well have overlooked some critical bit of data. An INTP arguing a point may very well be trying to convince himself as much as his opposition. In this way INTPs are markedly different from INTJs, who are much more confident in their competence and willing to act on their convictions.

REAd and Live Fellow INTPs
Tony Waynewrong 11-23-2003 12:07 AM
Thanks Pygmalion. Now Dorothy and I can start our business together. She will be the brains and I will be in her way. Smile

INTJ and INTP rules! Smile trying to start a conflict.
Prince-Consort Tesser 11-23-2003 02:01 PM
Your Type is
INTJ
Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging
67 44 44 44

Qualitative analysis of your type formula

You are:
distinctively expressed introvert
moderately expressed intuitive personality
moderately expressed thinking personality
moderately expressed judging personality

==========

Soem of the personalities that match mine: Thomas Jefferson, Colin Powell, Gandalf the Gray, Professor Moriarity, and the central characters of Silence of the Lambs.
Zola 11-23-2003 02:50 PM
I would like to let all you INTP and INTJ folks know that there is a mailing list just for us. Well, technically, it is an INTP list, but apparently the official INTJ list is kind of boring, so many of you folks gravitate towards us. Wink

I give you fair warning, it can be extremely high volume. Some days no one talks about anything interesting, but there are other days that the ideas fly and it's absolutely fascinating.

There is a second list nicknamed "Where the Wild Things Are" which was started because the owner of the first list randomly banned a couple of people. Most of us subscribe to both because the second list is "no-ban" so sometimes the conversations are a lot more scandalous and very funny. Wink

I hope you check it out. Smile