What Do Androids Run On?

R and D 11-22-2003 09:24 PM
here r some suggesstions:

hardrive?
louses (oooo that did not sound right Roll Eyes )?
chocolate?
megadeuces?
kiddnapping criminals?
oil?
aresole spray?
cleaners?
cats as pets?
feelings?
programming?
hormones?

good question. the list is endless. Big Grin
Zola 11-25-2003 10:37 AM
Funny the subject should have come up, I found this today when I was checking out the news (click link for the full article)

Puny Power Plants
Researchers Create Tiny Alternative Energy Generators

Nov. 25 — Imagine using a computer that runs on energy generated from your building's wall and window vibrations.

Masayuki Miyazaki, a senior researcher at Hitachi Co. Ltd.'s central lab in Tokyo, is trying to do just that.

He recently made a tiny generator that converts building movements into electricity, creating enough energy to run a temperature or light sensor once an hour. Though the output is small right now, only about 10 microwatts, scientists predict the generator's potential could be huge in coming decades — possibly used in battery-free computing systems.

Dr. Miyazaki's work is part of a growing movement by scientists to find, create, or capture alternative sources of energy — even in small amounts much less than one watt. Researchers hope to harvest power from anything from the vibrations of walls and windows to the movements of air and the human body.
Wingnut 11-25-2003 12:03 PM
As far fetched as the idea is now, it seems the most likely conclusion as to what androids run on. The enviroment around them. Interesting.
Tony Waynewrong 11-25-2003 12:54 PM
I thought it would be beer and chips. Go figure.

Hopefully, they don't have the "Intel Inside" sticker .
das_wanderen 12-04-2003 04:05 PM
Sorry to revive the thread but did anyone think of a micro-fusion reactor. It produces no radiation as waste, only helium. Gundam did it, why not Big O?
Wingnut 12-04-2003 09:15 PM
Yes we did, however it either would go without saying or be something completely different considering the style of tecnology in the series. Also AS said that Big O runs on one 300xA sizze battery. Which is stupid considering the mose A's there are, the smaller the battery size.
Big X 12-05-2003 11:23 AM
I believe androids have to reacharge their power cells on a scheduled basis to maintain proper function. As for Megadeuses, I believe they run on the same type of powerplants as Gundams, which I've heard are reactors which produce radiation that is so weak it could be blocked by aluminum foil.
Mike 12-05-2003 02:19 PM
One thing about the fusion reactors in mobile suits. I always thought that they were still fairly big, which was why they were put into 60 foot tall MS instead of a tank.

I still like the idea of Dorothy munching on D-cells. But she probably plugs herself into the wall at night.
Prince-Consort Tesser 12-05-2003 03:49 PM
I figured it out! I know what androids run on!

THEIR FEET!!

Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!
Big X 12-05-2003 06:18 PM
I still say Megadeuses have some kind of radioactive powerplant reactor. An MS is on average, 60' tall, while the Megadeuses appear to be much taller. They should easialy be able to hold a reactor to power them.
Mike 12-05-2003 07:09 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Big X
I still say Megadeuses have some kind of radioactive powerplant reactor. An MS is on average, 60' tall, while the Megadeuses appear to be much taller. They should easialy be able to hold a reactor to power them.


That would make perfect sense, if it wasn't for the ridiculous amounts of weaponry taking up seemingly all the interior space, particularly in Bigs O and Fau.
Big X 12-05-2003 08:40 PM
Well the Fau and O are impossible. Big Duo may be possible though.
R Trusedale 12-06-2003 01:59 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Big X
I still say Megadeuses have some kind of radioactive powerplant reactor. An MS is on average, 60' tall, while the Megadeuses appear to be much taller. They should easialy be able to hold a reactor to power them.


Plutonium batteries are a nice compact power source. They've been used before in space probes. The obvious use of refined plutonium in atomic bombs prevents us from having these in everyday life. And megadeuces wouldnt care about shielding...

All that radiation could certainly cause a lot of amnesia...
I bet you thought that blue glow was from the 50s style video....
R.Jesse 12-07-2003 12:53 PM
icould certenly picture it .............ro_ger

huh?

i dont feel good uh o! BOOM!
A Clockwork Tomato 12-07-2003 12:56 PM
quote:
Originally posted by R Trusedale
Plutonium batteries are a nice compact power source. They've been used before in space probes. The obvious use of refined plutinonium in atomic bombs prevents us from having these in everyday life. And megadeuces wouldnt care about shielding...

All that radiation could certainly cause a lot of amnesia...
I bet you thought that blue glow was from the 50s style video....


Those pesky neutrons! Everyone would have to go around wearing lead jock straps if they ever wanted to have children.

My DNA! It burns!
Wingnut 12-07-2003 12:58 PM
quote:
Originally posted by A Clockwork Tomato
quote:
Originally posted by R Trusedale
Plutonium batteries are a nice compact power source. They've been used before in space probes. The obvious use of refined plutinonium in atomic bombs prevents us from having these in everyday life. And megadeuces wouldnt care about shielding...

All that radiation could certainly cause a lot of amnesia...
I bet you thought that blue glow was from the 50s style video....


Those pesky neutrons! Everyone would have to go around wearing lead jock straps if they ever wanted to have children.

My DNA! It burns!
The iron underwear in Robin Hood Men In Tights. 'Nuff said.
Mugiwara Luffy 12-07-2003 02:51 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Prince-Consort Tesser
I figured it out! I know what androids run on!

THEIR FEET!!

Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!


LMAO! This is the funniest thing I've ever heard!!!
MetalGoldKnight 12-07-2003 03:58 PM
Maybe they run on robots?
Pygmalion 12-07-2003 04:16 PM
If they run on too long, some one will interrupt or cut them off.

Pygmalion
Negotiator_Roger_Smith 03-12-2004 11:19 AM
she mite run on sugar spice and everything nice! ole sorry that power puff gurls! ummmm propably dorothy runs on electric battery and propably has a few back up power source if one fails i guess