RahXephon

Bismarck 11-17-2003 11:11 PM
Anyone in here RahXephon fans?
Schattenjager 11-18-2003 02:06 AM
Yep. Big fan. Though it got pretty weird near the end, I have to say I found the ending overall enjoyable.
Spike 11-19-2003 07:53 PM
What's is about? I was considering getting it.
AlexRosewater 11-23-2003 11:58 AM
I seen the first episode it was pretty good.......
Bllue 11-23-2003 11:56 PM
never heard of the show. how can i get some info?
Schattenjager 11-24-2003 08:37 PM
A brief synopsis of the initial plot:

The main character is Ayato, who is a student in a Tokyo of the future. In his Tokyo, a great cataclysm has wiped out almost all of humanity, leaving basically Tokyo as the only city. In the course of the first ep. or two, his Toyko is invaded, and a mysterious object begins to fight the invaders. However, throughout the first ep or two, he learns that his Tokyo is really a Tokyo that has been overtaken by an alien force. Outside, the rest of humanity still exists. He learns that his Tokyo, referred to as Tokyo Jupiter because of the force field that surrounds it, has been seperated from time and the rest of the world. Maybe, oh, 7 years or so have passed in Tokyo, but outside, it's been more like 18. He must also deal with love issues, and having to fight off the alien invaders in his giant robot-type entity, named RahXephon.

It's been called a Evangelion rip off, but, having seen both, I find RahXephon to be the better of the two, and, really, calling it a rip off of Evangelion is unfair. Towards the end, things to get pretty crazy though.
A. Rosewater 11-24-2003 10:48 PM
thank you...your summary is fantastic...

I bought the episodes and plan on viewing them soon....anyone can PM me if they have questions about how the series is...i cant wait to watch in my free time....whenever that will be
Generalissimo D 03-14-2007 08:04 PM
I'm only like 8 or so eps into the series, but its great.

And I'm convinced any anime worth my time has a short-haired albino guy with a government position.
Schoolie 03-19-2007 06:15 PM
I love RahXephon - one of my top 10 favorite anime shows.

Amazingly beautiful animation, jazzy/weird music, neat giant mecha/monster battles, and--the best part--wonderful treatment to the entire cast. Each character is fleshed out and gets a chance to shine throughout the series.

Highly recommended!
Spoderman 03-30-2007 11:44 AM
quote:
It's been called a Evangelion rip off, but, having seen both, I find RahXephon to be the better of the two, and, really, calling it a rip off of Evangelion is unfair. Towards the end, things to get pretty crazy though.

Its not only an evangelion ripoff, it's a shameless evangelion ripoff.

Check out this site: EvaXephon

From what I saw of the series, I was impressed by the animation, but the storytelling and character tension just doesn't live up to Evangelion. I have only seen the first nine episodes, but I found myself pointing out many of the similarities that Evaxephon lists in its archive. I don't really take kindly to ripoffs of this magnitude.

But then again, I am quite biased towards Evangelion.
Nine Kuze 03-30-2007 11:57 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Spoderman
quote:

Its not only an evangelion ripoff, it's a shameless evangelion ripoff.

Check out this site: EvaXephon

From what I saw of the series, I was impressed by the animation, but the storytelling and character tension just doesn't live up to Evangelion. I have only seen the first nine episodes, but I found myself pointing out many of the similarities that Evaxephon lists in its archive. I don't really take kindly to ripoffs of this magnitude.

But then again, I am quite biased towards Evangelion.

I don't know, I mean going just by the manga (I haven't had the chance to see the anime) I found RahXephon to be much better and much, much more enjoyable. And there was no cheap antics with Freudian references slapped on their and thrown in your face constantly. But as annoying and stereotypically flawed as the characters in Evangelion are, I'd take them over the RahXephon characters though. At least I remember them.

And I'm kind of mad at myself for going to that website. There are a lot of similarities yeah, but still some of those comparisons seem rather forced. And its obvious and trival bias towards Evangelion doesn't help as well.
Peace.
Sara Comatori 03-30-2007 01:15 PM
I got the manga. It's going to be hard to find the other two. So far I like it.

The robot is way cool.

Any of you read the Manga?
Paradigm Dog 04-09-2007 07:37 PM
RahXephon is MUST-SEE anime. Along with Yukikaze, it's one of the best anime I've seen in years.

The Evangelion x RahXephon comparisons get boring. When it comes down to it, there's some similar territory covered, and there are some shallow surface similiarities, as well. There is also some shallow similarities to its inspiration, the 1970s' anime Raideen. There's no doubt that RahXephon owes those series which came before it to allow it to push the boundries. HOWEVER, RahXephon is very much its own thing in the end and surpasses these previous attempts in my mind. RahXephon uses music and central american religions as its central motif, for one thing. But, more importantly, RahXephon is 100x better executed with more interesting/compelling characters/relationships, sub-plots, and a more unique, etherial art-style/pallate throughout. Evangelion left me with a blah feeling, while RahXephon, in the end, blew my mind.

To each their own. But RahXephon should not be cheapened by its similarities with Evangelion. To some extent, that's like saying Mobile Suit Gundam is nothing but a Star Wars ripoff.

By the way, I've heard the anime and manga of RahXephon are considerably different. The movie, too, is an alternate telling of the anime.
d-d-d-dumbass 04-10-2007 10:50 AM
i saw the first episode of Raxephon when i was 13, and i thought it was pretty good. but i didnt contine wtching it. many of my friends have said it was very good, as well. but i dont know if ill ever watch the whole series.
Lord Ender von Hellsing 04-15-2007 06:19 PM
When I saw it, I got the feeling that whatever it was that 'powered up' minds of the creators of Evangelion, people that made Rah'Xephon overdosed it... But yes, I like it, although I don't quite get all of the story Smile .
Inigo Montoya 04-19-2007 11:19 AM
It's certainly interesting. And I must agree with Nine, as well as say for the record that it's very refreshing NOT to have forced Freudian references stuffed down my throat like a bad German bukkake film.
War.