| Tifaria |
12-03-2003 10:44 PM |
Eee, I KNEW I should've waited to have my late-night bowl of cereal AFTER I read this thread! I've got milk on my shirt now, ACT.
That's really funny, though.
Hmm...
*looks at picture*
*vomits*
Roger looks as confused as the rest of us.
| F-14Tomcat |
12-03-2003 10:48 PM |
| quote: |
Originally posted by A Clockwork Tomato

No comment. |
lol....... Man, there's a real dark side to the information age.........
| A Clockwork Tomato |
12-03-2003 10:50 PM |
| quote: |
Originally posted by Tifaria
Eee, I KNEW I should've waited to have my late-night bowl of cereal AFTER I read this thread! I've got milk on my shirt now, ACT.
|
I have never received higher praise.
| Tony Waynewrong |
12-03-2003 11:08 PM |
That's classic, ACT.
Roger's expression says it all.
Nice work, ACT. Nice work in deed.
| Advinius |
12-04-2003 07:21 AM |
so that would be one of the failed resets i'm guessing?
| Lady Tesser |
12-04-2003 05:03 PM |
Dorothy: Roger, you're not 'Roxanne' in this cycle. Get over it.
Clockwork Tomato, you are depraved and perverse - that's what makes it funny.
| Wingnut |
12-04-2003 08:45 PM |
| quote: |
Originally posted by Tifaria
Angel looks cute in Dorothy's dress! I dunno about Dorothy in that pink, though. She looks too innocent to pull it off.
|
If it were a different color Dorothy could pull that look off.
| Rouge |
12-04-2003 10:38 PM |
LOL!!!!!
Good work! Do more!!
| A Clockwork Tomato |
12-07-2003 11:55 AM |
Well, Falcon 7 has been busy, so I figured I'd pick up the gauntlet.

| Lady Tesser |
12-07-2003 12:18 PM |
I didn't know there was any room under her pink catsuit for underwear. ^.^
Cute!
| Wingnut |
12-07-2003 12:26 PM |
| quote: |
Originally posted by Lady Tesser
I didn't know there was any room under her pink catsuit for underwear. ^.^
Cute! |
Ditto. Knowing what scene that is I can't help but to picture Roger's reaction to this.
Roger: Wow. You really
didn't come prepared for this.
| s-girl |
12-07-2003 01:57 PM |
| quote: |
Originally posted by Wingnut
| quote: |
Originally posted by Lady Tesser
I didn't know there was any room under her pink catsuit for underwear. ^.^
Cute! |
Ditto. Knowing what scene that is I can't help but to picture Roger's reaction to this.
Roger: Wow. You really didn't come prepared for this. |
What scene is this?
My first reaction was, "Why the hell is Angel wearing Roger's boxers?"
*heheheheh*
| A Clockwork Tomato |
12-07-2003 02:21 PM |
| quote: |
Originally posted by s-girl
What scene is this?
|
DAY OF THE ADVENT, right when Angel takes off her coat to reveal her boxers -- I mean her jumpsuit:

| Tony Waynewrong |
12-07-2003 02:29 PM |
ACT, that was awesome. Your art almost equals your awesome writing abilities. I bow before the master.
| A Clockwork Tomato |
12-07-2003 02:40 PM |
| quote: |
Originally posted by tvperez
ACT, that was awesome. Your art almost equals your awesome writing abilities. I bow before the master.
|
Actually, this stuff is pretty easy. In this case, I mostly used the fill tool to convert the jumpsuit into one of the two skin tones in the cel (highlight and shade), and then had to do something with all the seams and outlines of the jumpsuit. Drawing the boxers wasn't challenging, since I started with the existing belt.
By the way, one of my favorite touch-up gimmicks is something I haven't seen posted before. Because we're dealing with animation that's either cel-based or is supposed to look like it's cel-based, we have large areas of what's supposed to be exactly the same color. But by the time you've captured it off a TV broadcast, the colors are muddy. So you use the eyedropper tool (usually) to pick up the right color, and fill the muddy areas with a solid shade. (Use the magic wand tool or a color-sensitivity adjustment on the fill tool to select the right area.) This is especially useful with skin tones, but it works well on hair and clothing (if any!) as well. Sometimes backgrounds, too, but backgrounds usually use a full palette, not just a handful of colors.
Here's an exampe (before and after):
I'm not totally happy with the "after" version, but you see what I mean.
That's a trick I learned from a technical illustrator a long time ago. A nice-looking fill will help disguise jagged outlines, at least to the eyes of non-artists. Getting the outlines just right on captured video is really hard!
This same trick is just as effective at turning something to the wrong color as the original one, of course.

This is some really funny stuff! Keep up the good work!
Who's to say those aren't Roger's boxers?
Under all that blackness is a pink butterfly crying to get out.
*dodges tomatoes*
| Falcon 7 |
12-07-2003 08:31 PM |
wipes tear away from his eye....
(sniff) That was so..so beautiful... Bravo!
| evanASF27 |
12-07-2003 09:39 PM |
...try dorothy next...
*gets atack by other members*
X_x;;;;
WHAT!!??!