My sig

Adrenaline 11-16-2003 10:51 AM
Oh, I changed my sig.

Tell me what you people think. It's a shame I don't have a clearer picture of the family, but I have one of the woman laying horizontally, and it just might be better to use her instead of the whole family.
Schwarzwald 11-16-2003 01:23 PM
wha-?

what the devil is that? Is that one of those past people whom got traped and preserved in sand dunes or... did you jsut happen to dig up some gaves?
Manji 11-16-2003 01:27 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Schwarzwald
wha-?

what the devil is that? Is that one of those past people whom got traped and preserved in sand dunes or... did you jsut happen to dig up some gaves?


Silly Schwarzwald! Don't you remember science class!? Those are the hibernating bodies of sand people Big Grin

Its always nice to see animals in thier natural habitat Big Grin
Schwarzwald 11-16-2003 01:29 PM
ah... ok... those WERE the dune men... sand men...

well ya know... it COULD have been that she had taken pictures of her dead family...
Manji 11-16-2003 02:01 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Schwarzwald
it COULD have been that she had taken pictures of her dead family...


Possibly, but I hear those sand people are begining to pop up all over the place, I wouldnt be suprised to hear that a few made it to a beach near her house, or a vacation spot she may have gone to Big Grin
Adrenaline 11-16-2003 08:25 PM
You people make me laugh.

I made them when I was in Wisconsin Dells for this Forth of July. I made the girl and my sister came out, got jealous, and made the dude. I thought that the dude was too far away from his wife *chuckles* So I made the little girl.

You can't really see it, but the woman is pregnant; she has a cute little...er, big belly. Though not so big.

I believe someone came up to me and asked me how the people underneath could breath. *laughs*
Manji 11-16-2003 08:27 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Adrenaline
I believe someone came up to me and asked me how the people underneath could breath. *laughs*


silly pedestrian, they are sand people, they dont need oxygen Big Grin
Adrenaline 11-16-2003 08:54 PM
That's exactly what I thought. In my opinion, they don't seem *that* life like...but I supposed to the nonartist, it could seem that way...
The Big Omega 11-17-2003 03:27 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Adrenaline
You people make me laugh.

I made them when I was in Wisconsin Dells for this Forth of July. I made the girl and my sister came out, got jealous, and made the dude. I thought that the dude was too far away from his wife *chuckles* So I made the little girl.

You can't really see it, but the woman is pregnant; she has a cute little...er, big belly. Though not so big.

I believe someone came up to me and asked me how the people underneath could breath. *laughs*


I thought that that was a photo from Pompeii. Does anyone remember reading about it? about 2000 years ago mount Vesuvius eruptted and showered hot, fiery, ashy death upon the poor inhabitants of Pompeii. Anyway, the ash completely covered the city and everything in it (buildings, people, animals, etc.). When the excavation of Pompeii began it was found to be preserved in near-perfect condition (at least as perfect as something can be after being burried in hot volcanic ash for 2000 years). Probably the most interesting things that were found in Pompeii were discovered via seismography (or maybe something else...I'm not sure). The scientists discovered strangely shapped air pockets in the ground. Afer some excavation through the hardened ash they found ash that had solidified over air pockets. This ash was hardened into vaugely human shapes. The most logical answer is that the volcanic ash buried the people there extrodinarily quickly. Over time their bodies decomposed but the air pockets where they were buried remained. This has been your school lesson for today, learn more about Pompeii at your local library!
Adrenaline 11-17-2003 05:56 PM
Heh, you know...I already knew that about Pompeii, but it doesn't hurt to learn more.

I'm sure I'm spelling it wrong, but I'm too lazy to scroll down and see how you spelled it. Ah well.
dtk91 11-17-2003 07:22 PM
i thought they were from pompeii too, but theyre just sand people,