Avatar Problems...

The Big Omega 11-12-2003 09:17 PM
I bet that I sound like an utter idiot, but I'm can't manage to get myself a new avatar. For some reason I always get error messages about the avatar being too large. I know that the current one that I'm trying to use isn't too large because I checked it in photoshop editor and it fits into the size restraints. Hell...I can't figure this stuff out, so if anyone would help me then that would be great...

This is the picture that I want to try to turn into my avatar. It's Bass (pronounced as the insturment, not the fish) using the Treble boost from Megaman and Bass.

Mike 11-12-2003 09:19 PM
I had the same problem once, and here's the solution:
The avatar window doesn't like gif's.

But...weirdly, all those animated avatars work....so...I guess...
R. Smith! Help!

PS: Bass rules.
R.Smith 11-12-2003 09:26 PM
quote:
Originally posted by GAT-X105
I had the same problem once, and here's the solution:
The avatar window doesn't like gif's.

But...weirdly, all those animated avatars work....so...I guess...
R. Smith! Help!

PS: Bass rules.


I am called, and so i am here!

Well, Omega, do u want that picture animated, i've seen that gif before, and it shows bass flying, so, i wanted to know if u wanted that one. If not, i'll see if i can get that one u posted to work, oh, yes Bass does rule!

oh, as u can now see i'm using that image, so i don't see why your having problems, hmmmm
    The Big Omega 11-12-2003 09:29 PM
    You can get me an avatar of Treble boosted Bass flying Shocked !

    Ofcourse I'd love that! But I'd just settle for a standing Bass avatar.

    As long as I could get Bass as my avatar I'll be happy!

    Bass is awesome!

    Bass > Megaman

    Zero > Megaman X
    R.Smith 11-12-2003 09:42 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by The Big Omega
    You can get me an avatar of Treble boosted Bass flying Shocked !

    Ofcourse I'd love that! But I'd just settle for a standing Bass avatar.

    As long as I could get Bass as my avatar I'll be happy!

    Bass is awesome!

    Bass > Megaman

    Zero > Megaman X


    ok, look back in a few, and yes zero is awesome!

    more cool pics, i have tons @_@

    i have more and i can't remeber the site's i've gotten these from, but i could check my bookmarks and see if i can find them, if u want Big Grin

    well, well, lookie what i found, i did a quick search on google, and i came across this site http://megamanflash.sytes.net/animations.shtm take a look for something you'd like, and yes the same one u have is there, but it is animated Cool
      The Big Omega 11-13-2003 06:24 AM
      Thanks, but I can't get them to work either...

      Is there a certain way that you have to upload the avatar? Do I have to have it saved to my computer as a certain type of file? Or do I just put the address in? I really don't have a clue...
      R.Smith 11-13-2003 12:26 PM
      quote:
      Originally posted by The Big Omega
      Thanks, but I can't get them to work either...

      Is there a certain way that you have to upload the avatar? Do I have to have it saved to my computer as a certain type of file? Or do I just put the address in? I really don't have a clue...


      as far as i know, all u have to do is have the image saved to your computer, as an exceptable image format for the forums, and that includes gifs, so...i'm really at a loss for this one Confused


      if your willing to try, i can see if i can get it to work, if u give me your password, i'll see if i can set it up from my computer, but that's iny if u want to, and i guess u should PM me your password if u want to do thatTongue
      The Big Omega 11-13-2003 03:38 PM
      Thanks so much R.Smith. You helped me finally get the awesomest avatar! Treble Boost Bass!

      MWAHAHAHAHA!!! No one shall be safe from my tri-shot devastation!

      LOL...just kidding!
      R.Smith 11-13-2003 04:29 PM
      Here's a pic i thought u might like, Big Omega Big Grin

      oh, ya, if u have any chat programs, i can send u some of my megaman, bass, zero, and others pics!
      Volt 11-14-2003 04:20 PM
      I don't know if I should just make another thread for this, but I thought I'd post here since I'm having problems too. Okay, I'm trying to use the avatar attached as my avatar, but it's too ,large file size wise. The dimensions are all correct, but it's 30000 bytes. Maybe it has to do with the fact that I saved from MSPaint, but anyway, could someone help me get this below 25KB? Thanks in advance. Big Grin
      R.Smith 11-14-2003 05:58 PM
      quote:
      Originally posted by Volt
      I don't know if I should just make another thread for this, but I thought I'd post here since I'm having problems too. Okay, I'm trying to use the avatar attached as my avatar, but it's too ,large file size wise. The dimensions are all correct, but it's 30000 bytes. Maybe it has to do with the fact that I saved from MSPaint, but anyway, could someone help me get this below 25KB? Thanks in advance. Big Grin


      here u go voltBig Grin
      Volt 11-15-2003 01:32 PM
      Thanks, R. Smith! "I think I won the powerball!" Big Grin
      Manji 11-15-2003 11:35 PM
      Hey smith, I need some of your Voodoo Luck, try this avatar and see if it works for you, it already fits all of the requirements, but the dirty uploading service is giving me a hard time
      R.Smith 11-15-2003 11:46 PM
      quote:
      Originally posted by Manji
      Hey smith, I need some of your Voodoo Luck, try this avatar and see if it works for you, it already fits all of the requirements, but the dirty uploading service is giving me a hard time


      doneBig Grin
      Manji 11-15-2003 11:50 PM
      Thanks, I appreciate it Big Grin
      R.Smith 11-16-2003 12:12 AM
      quote:
      Originally posted by Manji
      Thanks, I appreciate it Big Grin


      anytimeBig Grin Cool
      noTomato 06-02-2004 06:47 PM


      She won't work......everytime I try to use an avatar from somewhere else...direct and indirect linking - they never work. And they're supposedly 100x100. So it doesn't exceed. They're supposedly .jpg...and those other things. Well this is a .png... in any case, can someone get this to work?
      Zola 06-02-2004 06:57 PM
      quote:
      Originally posted by noTomato


      She won't work......everytime I try to use an avatar from somewhere else...direct and indirect linking - they never work. And they're supposedly 100x100. So it doesn't exceed. They're supposedly .jpg...and those other things. Well this is a .png... in any case, can someone get this to work?


      You've linked, that's the problem.

      You want to right click that pic and save it to your computer, making sure it is saving as a jpeg. (sometimes IE wants to save it as a bmp, which makes it too big.)

      When you go to do your avatar, browse to the file. I checked, it's proper size and meets the height width requirements.
      noTomato 06-02-2004 07:10 PM
      THANK YOU!!! Here these are for you -