Anime Look Alikes

Sharpshooter005 11-09-2003 05:25 PM
quote:
Notice how all my comparisons are within the CLAMP universe

Same company=same designs retooled periodically. I'd assume anyway.

Please, no chii lookalikes. I scare easily. Shocked Tongue
Green_Bird 12-02-2003 02:03 AM
Lets see...

Ed (Cowboy Bebop):

And

Haruko (FLCL):

Thats all I can think of right now that hasn't been said alredy....
Mr.Grudge 12-12-2003 12:38 AM
Don't have a pic of it, maybe try to get a screen capture later, but there's a few moments in End of Evangelion when Asuka's in the fight with the nine EVA units and her face greatly resembles Haruko's, same crazed look in the eyes and everything.
The Big Ian 12-12-2003 11:02 PM
I don't have any screencaps nor names, but the one guy who works with Katsuragi and Ritsko in NGE and the one neighbor from Excel Saga look nearly identical. Cool
Ray Earth 12-23-2003 05:13 PM
Though I can't provide photos, I've been told I look like a british/real life counterpart of Tenchi Masaki from 'Tenchi Muyo' ^^

Also, whilst I was in America, I saw a waitress in Sizzler who must have been a hardcore Tenchi Otaku...She looks just like Mihoshi, another of my favourite characters.
Zopwx2 12-24-2003 01:28 AM
quote:
Originally posted by zopwx2
this guy from blue gender always reminded me of gendo ikari from NGE

Sidenote: sizzler rules, great steaks!
taaudoloran 12-27-2003 12:18 PM
Rei from Sailor Moon and Kagume (sp?) from Inuyasha. Definate.
pen1300 12-27-2003 06:21 PM
Odd...I was just thinking how a thread like this should exist cause I was watching Serial Experiments Lain: Navi and I have a comparison:

Lain and R. Dorothy. They look freakishly alike, esp. when Lain isn't talking, all I could think was Dorothy! She could look like a younger Dorothy.

Agree to CLAMP universe. They are all very much the same. I just checked out Magic Knight Rayearth and Hikaru looks like Akira from Man of Many Faces and CLAMP School Detectives. Also, the princess looks like the blind psychic chick from X/1999.

Also, if Roger were in badages, he'd TOTALLY be Shishio from Kenshin.

Well, my thoughts.

Later,
Pen1300
Wingnut 12-27-2003 06:25 PM
quote:
Originally posted by pen1300

Also, if Roger were in badages, he'd TOTALLY be Shishio from Kenshin.

Well, my thoughts.
Later,
Pen1300
No, then he'd be Schwarzwald's sucessor. But then Give Angel, what was it, green(?) hair, and she could be Yumi, sitting next to Shishio.
It almost seems that Wendee's characters can't get enough of Steven's characters. Big Grin
Neko 12-29-2003 05:08 PM
Okay, how about this: the three main characters of Kingdom Hearts and three main characters of Megami Kouhosei (Candidate for Goddess)...

Hiead/Riku

Zero/Sora

Kizna/Kairi

And the similarities don't end there! Sora and Riku have a sort of rivalry, as do Zero and Hiead. And... Sora has a thing for Kairi as does Zero for Kizna. Yep.
angelcakes 12-30-2003 05:35 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
quote:
Notice how all my comparisons are within the CLAMP universe

Same company=same designs retooled periodically. I'd assume anyway.

Please, no chii lookalikes. I scare easily. Shocked Tongue

I'm working on that Chi look-alike Big Grin

I couldn't find any pictures but I found that the manga version of Saki from Steal Angel Kurumi looks a great deal like the manga version of Dorothy. Her hair is blue but other than that they are identicle, I mean even the eyes are the same, the ring within the ring thing. Man I need a pic.

My first non-clamp comparison!! Shocked
Dorothy and Pero 12-30-2003 06:22 PM
Neko, they do look freakishly similar!
Dork 04-13-2004 05:19 PM
I know she's not an anime character but Chi from Farscape and Dorothy look kinda alike. At least in the hair. Although when Chi talks or moves it ruins the illusion but the resemblence is there.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/farscape/galle...a_season1.shtml

Okay, ::coughcough:: it's a bit of a strech.
YoruameBaroness 04-13-2004 06:53 PM
Ami from Sailor Moon and Rei from Evangelion look a bit alike.
Hanyou 04-13-2004 07:08 PM
Kagome and Sailor Mars.
YoruameBaroness 04-13-2004 07:31 PM
YES! Kagome and Sailor Mars look like twin sisters. Mars and Kikyo also look alike, the shrine clothing Wink
Yomiko 04-13-2004 07:53 PM
Theres this one guy in an epeisod of Rorione (sorry) Kenshin with tall blond hair and red clothes, he remindes me of Vash.
Wingnut 04-13-2004 08:40 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Yomiko
Theres this one guy in an epeisod of Rorione (sorry) Kenshin with tall blond hair and red clothes, he remindes me of Vash.

The guy with the paper-thin sword thingy. Yeah, it was mostly in the blond broom-head hairstyle though.
Khyron_Prime 04-14-2004 01:52 AM
quote:
Originally posted by The Big Ian
I don't have any screencaps nor names, but the one guy who works with Katsuragi and Ritsko in NGE and the one neighbor from Excel Saga look nearly identical. Cool

I was thinking the same thing just yesterday...except with another, totally different animé character!--Kiyotsugu Gowa from Gasaraki looks exactly like the two above characters!

Nigoki 04-14-2004 12:43 PM
Can't find any pics right now. (Ok I won't lie, I'm too lazy to go hunting right now) but here's some I've noticed.

Miaka Yuki (when she has her hair down) from Fushigi Yugi and Makoto Kino from Sailor Moon.

If you get them at the right angle, Minmei from Macross and Fa from Zeta Gundam.

And the last one I can think of right now is Cima Garahau from Gundam 0083 and Setsuna Meioh/Sailor Pluto from Sailor Moon.