Which of these Bigs is the best?
I'm so disappointed in all of you. We all know the answer is Big Duo Inferno. Why? Alan's its pilot. Simple as that. And it's a lot sassier than the other Bigs. Did you see what it did to him? Duo Inferno don't take no sh*t.
Don't act like its googly eye isn't awesome.
| DorothyFan1 |
03-27-2006 06:29 PM |
| quote: |
Originally posted by Big Money
Big Fau kicks some major ass... too bad it goes crazy n' stuff... |
Big Money...you're spot on! My sig has Big Fau there for a reason...it's the strongest of the three. I don't buy the argument that Big O is the strongest. However...Big O has the advantage over the rest because of one key ingredient...can you guess what it is?
Answer: Dorothy. Dorothy chose Roger Smith and helped him defeat Alex Rosewater. But without her help...it's clear Big Fau would have destroyed Big O. In fact...it was killing Big O and the scene (Act 26) where Big Fau emerged from the sea would have been the end of Big O...except Dorothy's help changed the equation.
Now...if Alex Rosewater had been able to smooth over differences between himself and Schwarzwald...Big O would have been toast. Big Fau and Big Duo combined would have spelled the end for Roger Smith and Big O. Now that's the duel I'd LOVE to see...
Big O taking on Big Fau and Big Duo combined. No interference from Big Venus. Just Roger, Alex and Schwarzwald battling it out to the finish. Such a confrontation would totally level Paradigm City. It's a shame we'll never see this. But...I would love if someone could write up a fan fiction story detailing such a duel. This would match or maybe exceed the famous Duel of the Fates in The Phantom Menace Episode I.
| quote: |
| Big O taking on Big Fau and Big Duo combined. No interference from Big Venus. Just Roger, Alex and Schwarzwald battling it out to the finish. Such a confrontation would totally level Paradigm City. It's a shame we'll never see this. But...I would love if someone could write up a fan fiction story detailing such a duel. This would match or maybe exceed the famous Duel of the Fates in The Phantom Menace Episode I. |
That was REALLY what I was hoping for in the second season. A crazy-ass, several episode long, apocalyptic battle between three ginormous robots of doom. Especially since the flashback in RD was the first glimpse of HOLY CRAP A THIRD BIG!
But instead we got weird confusing symbolism and lame robot fights. Oh well.
| Big Jauln |
04-01-2006 12:50 AM |
My thread had an extra big to vote for, SO I WANT MY THREAD BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
| A Clockwork Tomato |
04-01-2006 01:14 PM |
| quote: |
Originally posted by Xel
I'm so disappointed in all of you. We all know the answer is Big Duo Inferno. Why? Alan's its pilot. Simple as that. And it's a lot sassier than the other Bigs. Did you see what it did to him? Duo Inferno don't take no sh*t.
Don't act like its googly eye isn't awesome. |
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Big Duo Inferno's monocle made him look like a drag queen. You can imagine him twirling around the dance floor with Glinda, while Big O and Dorothy 1 are sullen wallflowers.
Unfortunately, Alan forgot that his role of "the assassin who wants everyone to notice him" doesn't work unless you shoot your victim in the head from concealment, and THEN preen yourself in front of the onlookers. He tried it the other way around, and it doesn't work.
| BethMcBeth |
04-03-2006 02:53 PM |
I think I would still have to say Big O not only just because he as the good guy but because I thought the whole giant huge cannon thing at the end was pretty big. XD!
-Beth
| ScionofDestiny |
04-04-2006 07:40 AM |
Big O or Big Venus - I'm not sure which. The ending scenes for both of them, Big O with the canon and Venus with the Memory Wipe, were so cool. I think at this point Venus has been revealed as the most powerful big though.
Reality-perception bending (DOH)
I'm going with Big O - just because he git more screentime than Big Venus and feels like an old friend.
| R. Daniel Olk 01 |
04-06-2006 03:40 PM |
Heheh....
Constanze et Bonaparte!
| ScionofDestiny |
04-06-2006 06:24 PM |
I wonder why Big Venus wasn't a choice? Anyway, Big O and Big Duo seem to have been mass-produced "back in the day" - and that just makes them all the cooler. The last of a "dying breed" compared to Big Fau - which was probably the Big of a colonel or general.
| Jixie |
04-06-2006 08:43 PM |
| quote: |
Originally posted by ScionofDestiny
I wonder why Big Venus wasn't a choice? |
It was until the thread was merged, and the original topic was from back when Venus was a spoiler. ¬_¬
Jixie (had voted for Venus)
| Lost_Cyborg |
04-14-2006 02:43 PM |
Big Duo... He may not of lasted long but... He can FLY! The guy's a plane! and that's a BIG (no pun intended) plus in my books.
| lts_silver |
04-14-2006 03:56 PM |
BIG O ALL THE WAY!!!
| ScionofDestiny |
04-14-2006 06:23 PM |
| quote: |
| Now...if Alex Rosewater had been able to smooth over differences between himself and Schwarzwald...Big O would have been toast. Big Fau and Big Duo combined would have spelled the end for Roger Smith and Big O. Now that's the duel I'd LOVE to see... |
Maybe, but that is a pretty big "what if" don't you think? Schwartzwald and Alex Rosewater are diametrically opposed - Schwartzwald was trying to unconver the truth and destroy Paradigm, Alex Rosewater was trying to suppress the truth and was the false Director of Paradigm. Smoothing over their differences is changing the fundamentals of the city of Paradigm itself!
I wish these wasps would make up their mind - they keep banging their heads against my window, let them in, and then they want out again!
| Ollen70 |
04-19-2006 03:18 AM |
My vote's for Big O. First of all, Roger's a bad-ass. And second, when you come right down to it, O is probably the most versatile, and it's ultimate attack is probably the strongest of anything in the series. Yeah, I guess it's arguable, because the megaton missiles in Duo's pretty much waste around 10 city blocks and that ought to be enough fire power for anybody, but Big O's final stage actually completely obliterates a dome. Good times.
By comparison, Fau's sort of a push-over. It got a bead on Roger at the beginning of 26 because Alex knew, more or less, how Big O fought. He spends a good half of the series watching Roger use it on that creepy stalker-screen of his. Roger doesn't really know anything about Fau's systems or how it fights, not to mention he has a sketchy command sometimes of everything O can do. If both of them were fighting on a level playing field, knowing each-other's moves and how to access all of their Big's abilities, Fau would have been wasted. Fau's warheads didn't even scratch Big O, it's tentacle lasers did squat, and O's shield reflected Fau's large cannons. On land, O is too versatile. In the water, well, that's probably a different story, but 80% of the battles is the series are on land.
So, between the two, it's O or Duo, and I think if Roger were using his energy shield or knew about the final stage, even Duo inferno probably would have been scrap. And, last of all, Roger's a bad-ass.
| Just_me |
04-21-2006 12:12 PM |
gotta go with the "O"