The official Anime News Thread

Patsai 10-26-2003 08:04 PM
Yeah, this thread I had made is if anyone would like to announce any anime news concerning airing, reviews, their opinions on a just released anime, etc.

I just thought it up because it would seem that Ailesberry Farm is in its driest moments for a whole month now.

No new official news from me, but if you have some, please announce it. Me and everyone else is looking forward for the news.
Schwarzwald 10-26-2003 08:11 PM
why are there so many official threads poping up?

From what im looking at it sort of takes out the meaing of having a specific thread...

anyway...

ummm news.,... hey i hear the 3rd volume of flcl just came out...

anyone know about the new big o dvd?
Manji 10-26-2003 08:24 PM
Well, I saw a bunch of them at Sam Goodie, I think...

I'm gonna buy the FLCL dvd's soon...

I'm gonna buy the Cowboy Bebop CD box set sometime this week...

Initial D dvd 3 comes out in January...

Maybe I should make an official video game thread too...

:Edit: I ordered the FLCL set...
Mega Dominus 10-26-2003 11:07 PM
EDIT: The date for Big O II Vol. #1 has been pushed back, per Falcon7's post and further confirmation of myself...sorry about the mistake. Frown

The following info (has been revised):

Big O II Vol. #1

Bandai Entertainment

100 min.

1/4

1/21/2004 <=========== IMPORTANT! Cool
zhinphou 10-27-2003 02:45 AM
Yeah, I like the notion of this thread. This one's a sticky for sure, so post about stuff that have to do with recent events/facts in the world of anime. Much props to you, Lord Il Palazzo..
StevieV019 10-27-2003 07:46 AM
-Nintendo recently purchased about 2% of Bandai's stock, however both parties have issued a statement that neither company is merging nor is a takeover in the works....

-"Heat Guy J" has been mentioned as being aired on MTV starting later this year (2003) or early 2004

-TokyoPop CEO Stu Levy mentions that manga is a $150 million a year business in the USA alone and has grown from $60 million a year over the past couple of years....

(this was all mentioned at www.animenewsnetwork.com They have release dates as well for all upcoming releases and so forth...)
-
Falcon 7 10-27-2003 08:30 PM
Release Date 01.21.2004

Bandai just took over there own dvd distribution. Pioneer (Now Geneon) used to do Bandai's distribution, but Bandai is doing all the work in house now. Thus the delay.

I was really bummed, because I wanted to get it for my girlfriend this Christmas.
StevieV019 10-28-2003 12:50 PM
Just a quick note....

www.animenewsnetwork.com announced the whole Adult Swim gaffe that occurred, they even mentioned Kim Manning's name and the updated date of air for Big O:The Show Must Go On....they mentioned that the Adult Swim forums received 3 times as many posts on their forum than normal for any 12 hour period...interesting news....
Patsai 10-30-2003 01:11 PM
This is new news about a theatrical release to Tokyo Godfathers here in the U.S., which, by surprise, will be released the same time as Japan's release. Must be a really good movie if it should happen like that Big Grin .

quote:
Original article from the Anime News Network

Yomiuri (Japanese) reports that Satoshi Kon's Tokyo Godfathers will be released theatrically in the United States and Japan simultaneously on December 29th, 2003.

According to the article, the US theatrical Release of Tokyo Godfathers was moved forward by Columbia Tristar so that the movie could become eligible for an Oscar nomination for the 2004 Academy Awards.

Tokyo Godfathers received its world premiere at the Big Apple Anime Fest earlier this year.

StevieV019 10-31-2003 11:39 AM
I saw that same thing, is that anime any good? anyone ever heard anything about it??
Shady Dark Lady 10-31-2003 12:11 PM
The FLCL soundtrack, Volume 1 will be released with the cd booklet in English!!! It is in the new Preiveiws guide. Go to your comic book store. They can order it for you. It is 14.98. In other news, there is an article on Big O in the NewType Magazine, November 3rd, Issue 11! Check it out!
Mega Dominus 11-02-2003 12:17 AM
Fans of Ghost in the Shell and hopeful about the bringing over of the TV series Stand Alone Complex can rejoice even more...Production I.G. has announced a second season for Japan (and probably licensed in the US thereafter) to be aired in January 2004.

Courtesy of www.animenewsnetwork.com Smile
Zola 11-02-2003 02:08 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Mega Dominus
Fans of Ghost in the Shell and hopeful about the bringing over of the TV series Stand Alone Complex can rejoice even more...Production I.G. has announced a second season for Japan (and probably licensed in the US thereafter) to be aired in January 2004.

Courtesy of www.animenewsnetwork.com Smile

That one I want to see, so that's great news. Thanks!
zhinphou 11-03-2003 10:23 AM
Wow. new Ghost in the Shell material? Alright, that's what I'm talking about.
Falcon 7 11-03-2003 11:14 AM
Originally posted on the Mad Man Cafe BBS

The first preview of the live action Cutie Honey movie is up. The film is directed by Hideaki Anno, the director of Evangelion.

(Personal Note: This may be the movie that makes me stop hating Hideaki Anno after The End of Eva.)

The preview is the one on the right under the Martix promo. Real Audio only at the moment.

Also a new preview of the second GITS movie, Ghost in the Shell: Innocence , is avaliable on the official movie site.
Shady Dark Lady 11-03-2003 11:43 AM
Live Action Cutey Honey!!! Alright! I'll have to check that out! Thanks, Falcon 7! Also, everyone, go to www.animenation.com. In the news section, there is a petition to try to get companies to release live action in America! The Japanese companies think that there is no intrest in it over here! We have to prove them wrong! I already signed!
Big-O 11-03-2003 09:08 PM
Anybody get me some info on the Big-O box set... IF any. I would look for it but I on the 56k boat equiped with one oar and I have a hole in the bottem of my boat and I get to watch the T1 cruse liner going head on with me... Well you get the idea... Can somebody please get some info on the whole Big-O box set rumor (If it even is a rumor...)
Mega Dominus 11-05-2003 01:02 AM
W00t W00t!

The website www.animeondvd.com has an ADVANCE review of Big O II: Volume I with details on what's the packaging going to be like, extras, etc. Check it out at the link posted below! Big Grin

http://www.animeondvd.com/reviews2/disc_reviews/2560.php

Note: According to the reviewer, the opening inserted for the episodes for the DVD is Season 1's...but this is a preview copy for now, so here's hoping they can get Season 2's intro before distribution in 2004! Other than that though, rejoice for the review is a positive one (for the story and the technical details involved)! Smile
Name Of God 11-05-2003 05:37 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Mega Dominus
The website www.animeondvd.com has an ADVANCE review of Big O II: Volume I with details on what's the packaging going to be like, extras, etc. Check it out at the link posted below! Big Grin

It is always nice to get a second opinion on this wonderful show.

It is even better when the second opinion is the same as my own. Roll Eyes

Thanks for the information, Mega D.
Big-O 11-05-2003 07:59 PM
Well thats good news... Too bad for me though... I can't get big-O unless it comes in one big Box Set... (parents weird rule)