The official Anime News Thread

The Big Mo 02-12-2004 08:47 AM
Just a little note for you guys: There has been no mention of Gundam SEED airing on Adult Swim. It is most likely going to Saturday until Bandai gets enough of the series dubbed to air 4/5 days a week on Toonami.
StevieV019 02-12-2004 10:16 AM
Correction for above....

Adult Swim will be airing on Saturdays starting on April (please read the post from page 3)...at which point in time, Gundam Seed is supposed to air during that Saturday Adult Swim block...

There are two posts from page 3 of this thread that mention both changes...

source: animenewsnetwork.com
The Big Mo 02-15-2004 10:05 AM
quote:
Originally posted by StevieV019
Correction for above....

Adult Swim will be airing on Saturdays starting on April (please read the post from page 3)...at which point in time, Gundam Seed is supposed to air during that Saturday Adult Swim block...

There are two posts from page 3 of this thread that mention both changes...

I have read all these reports about Gundam SEED airing, all of which mention it will air on the Saturday Action Block. I have seen nothing about Gundam SEED airing on Adult Swim. And if it were, it would've have been announced along with Detective Conan, Wolf's Rain, and new Inuyasha.
StevieV019 02-16-2004 08:59 AM
Adult Swim is coming to Cartoon Network on Saturdays...like how they had it 18 months ago....

Here's the news article again...

posted on 2004-01-20 14:30:21
Six days a week, New Shows: More Inu Yasha, Animatrix, Detective Conan, Wolf's Rain

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----
Starting on Saturday, April 17th, Cartoon Network will replace their current Saturday programming with an additional day of Adult Swim. Providing that they do not cancel any of the other Adult Swim blocks, the Adult Swim block will then be aired 6 days a week, every day but Friday.
Cartoon Swim has also confirmed several new anime coming to the popular programming block.

The Animatrix and Detective Conan will air during the new Saturday time block. Meanwhile Wolf's Rain is expected to start in April and new episodes of Inu Yasha are expected sometime in March or April.
-----

Now, perhaps Cartoon Network will have BOTH, a Saturday Action programming block, and Adult Swim on Saturdays...if they do, they'd have to change the timeslot for one of those programming blocks....

But the article above says that the Saturday Action block was being replaced by Adult Swim...so who knows where they'll move the Action block to, if they decide to keep it on the air.

The Gundam Seed article does mention that it'll be coming to Saturday's Action Block on April 17th...thats also the same day that Adult Swim comes back to Saturdays....so, sounds like Cartoon Network will have to make some programming decisions.
The Big Mo 02-16-2004 09:53 AM
Well, considering the first Saturday Adult Swim begins with a presentation of the Animatrix, that will take up no less than 2 hours. And as long as I've been watching, AS has never premiered any series after 1 am. If SEED were coming to AS Saturday, it would have to be on the 24th of April when Wolf's Rain and new Inuyasha premiere. And if AS has SEED, it would more than likely been announced on a card at some point. It just seems more likely that they'd maket it to the younger viewers, considering they basically hope it to be the next big Gundam, like Wing was a few years ago.

I'm sure the Saturdays block will still exist, but shortened from 7-11.
StevieV019 02-17-2004 08:27 AM
Just a little sumpin' sumpin' for the Gundam fans....

Zeta in September (2004-02-16 17:16:13)
Anime on DVD has information that suggests that Zeta Gundam will be released as a boxed set on September 7th and that details regarding the highly anticipated Gundam Seed will be announced later this week. Source: Anime on DVD

StevieV019 02-18-2004 07:15 AM
More Gundam news:

DVD releasein fall 2004 confirmed.

-----
Bandai has set out a press release announcing the release of Gundam Seed. Although dated February 15th (Sunday) the press release became available on their website only today.

According to the press release, Gundam Seed will premiere on Cartoon Network in April, although we've known this for a while this is the first official announcement from Bandai on the matter.

In addition, the press release states, "Bandai Entertainment will soon unveil plans to distribute the Gundam Seed series on DVD home video beginning Fall 2004."

StevieV019 02-20-2004 09:12 AM
Just a quick note that I saw on animenewsnetwork.com's website

It was on the "Answerman" column that gets regularly updated and posted there.

(Answerman/Answerwoman is a column where fan letters and emails are responded to based upon the Answerman/Answerwoman's info obtained as well as their own interpretations...)

LETTER: oh please is there gonna be a big o season 3?i love the show still.i bought the dvd of episode one season 2. so many question still unsolved.let me know ok

RESPONSE BY ANSWERMAN: Well, they haven’t announced it yet, but never say never. The second season of Big O did reasonably well for Cartoon Network, so it’s safe to assume that they’re considering another series. We’ll just have to wait and see, won’t we?

Thought people might be interested....
Shredder 02-21-2004 12:57 AM
quote:
Just a quick note that I saw on animenewsnetwork.com's website

It was on the "Answerman" column that gets regularly updated and posted there.

(Answerman/Answerwoman is a column where fan letters and emails are responded to based upon the Answerman/Answerwoman's info obtained as well as their own interpretations...)

LETTER: oh please is there gonna be a big o season 3?i love the show still.i bought the dvd of episode one season 2. so many question still unsolved.let me know ok

RESPONSE BY ANSWERMAN: Well, they haven’t announced it yet, but never say never. The second season of Big O did reasonably well for Cartoon Network, so it’s safe to assume that they’re considering another series. We’ll just have to wait and see, won’t we?

Thought people might be interested....

Yeah, I saw that, too. Still no word... I personally think that if the creators have plans for more, they should make more, but if they're done with the series, it's best not for them to force a way to continue something that they consider finished.
Schoolie 02-21-2004 04:47 PM
quote:

Yeah, I saw that, too. Still no word... I personally think that if the creators have plans for more, they should make more, but if they're done with the series, it's best not for them to force a way to continue something that they consider finished.

Yup.
The Big Mo 02-25-2004 06:57 PM
SVES is dead.

On Apirl 17th, Toonami will move to Saturday with a new 13-17 target audience (apparently Confused ). Now the release states that Toonami will air from 7-12, but this conflicts with the previous information we have been given regarding AS Saturday block.

A new block on weekdays will replace Toonami called Miguzi.

http://animationinsider.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=8478
nathjan 02-29-2004 01:26 PM
Well no saturday block for AS, here the Announcement from the admin in the AS forums.

Due to concerns from our ad sales department about giving up one hour of sellable children's inventory on Saturday night, we regret that we were unable to obtain Saturday nights for Adult Swim action.

Instead, beginning Thursday, April 22, Thursday nights will be devoted to action programming. Sunday nights, beginning April 18, will be devoted to comedy. We actually believe ratings on these two nights will be stronger for these changes, but we admit it's not as good as adding an extra night of Adult Swim programming.

Monday-Wednesday programming will remain a mix of comedy and action.

Other announcements:

-- The Animatrix premieres Thursday, April 22, at 11 p.m.

-- As previously announced, 52 new episodes of InuYasha premieres will begin airing on Thursday nights at 11 p.m. on April 29.

-- 26 episodes of Wolf's Rain premieres begin airing on Thursday nights at 11:30 p.m. on April 29.

-- Case Closed, known as Detective Conan in Japan, will premiere Mondays-Thursdays at midnight beginning on June 7.

For the sake of full disclosure, please know that the above decision was protested earnestly and repeatedly by those in charge of Adult Swim. It is a battle that only very recently was lost. And it is a battle that we will continue to fight with the future hope that we will be able to move into Saturday nights later this year.

Additional Note: I know many of you will ask if there is anything you can do to change this decision. There is not. But strong ratings on the forthcoming Thursday action night would certainly go a long way towards solidifying our case in the future. As always, we appreciate your continued support.

--SB
C.R Foxhound 02-29-2004 02:38 PM
man...

that sucks

i was really looking forward to having the saturday night block again, unlike oh i dunno, 100% of other 18 year olds, i dont have anywhere to go on saturday so i was really looking forward to this

oh well...

I still cant wait 4 wolf's Rain Cool Pleased Big Grin
StevieV019 03-01-2004 07:59 AM
Ouch...yep...the Saturday Night Adult Swim is a blow thats for sure...many fond memories of watching it...especially the Cowboy Bebop marathons....oh well...guess Ill tune in on Thursdays especially....

A quick note of news:

Aeon Flux Live Action (2004-02-27 13:17:10)
Variety reports that Karyn Kusama will direct a live action adaptation of Peter Chung's Aeon Flux. Charlize Theron will play the part of the main character. Filming will begin in Germany in July. Thanks to James Topoleski for this item. Source: Variety

------------------

Two words: CHARLIZE THERON Drooling Cool Pleased
C.R Foxhound 03-02-2004 12:40 AM
quote:

Two words: CHARLIZE THERON Drooling Cool Pleased

ooooh how sweet it is

*imagines Charlize is Aeon's outfit*

ooohh, im not worthy of such succulence....but i dont care!!

Drooling Drooling Drooling Drooling Drooling Drooling

boy i wish she was one of my catgirls Big Grin
StevieV019 03-02-2004 07:23 AM
Nope...C.R...if she's anyone's catgirl...she's definitely mine, since, well, I saw her first...and mentioned her first....
C.R Foxhound 03-02-2004 09:26 AM
quote:
Nope...C.R...if she's anyone's catgirl...she's definitely mine, since, well, I saw her first...and mentioned her first....

Heh, look like me an you are gonna have to squabble Stevie! Big Grin Big Grin
StevieV019 03-02-2004 11:08 AM
Aww man, Charlize knows Im all that...she'd get with this anytime, anyplace...hook it up!

Dont make me bust out the kung fu... Cool Pleased Big Grin
StevieV019 03-16-2004 07:54 AM
courtesy of www.animenewsnetwork.com:

"A new season of Initial D, Initial D: Fourth Stage is set to premiere in April"

I imagine thatll happen in Japan first...before we see it....
Blue Crow 03-16-2004 04:24 PM
According to www.animenewsnetwork.com :

"One of the administrators of KyleHebert.com has posted the following quote from an unamed source at Fox Studios, "The Dragonball Z movie? We don't have that. I 've got a lot of calls about that so I called around [the studio]. We won't be making that [movie]."

So I guess it's not gonna happen.It looks like it never was going to happen.Perhaps just an internet rumor that spread way too far?

Also:

"Dark Horse has announced that it will release Trigun Maximum, the continuation of Yasuhiro Nightow's Trigun, on May 19th. "

Trigun Maximum is on it's way to America at last!Pleased

-BC