The official Anime News Thread

Manji 01-09-2004 08:56 PM
I have a question for the bulk of Paradigm's Anime lovers-

Both my brother (23) and I have been hearing rumors of another Initial D Season coming out, but we've yet to find any hard evidence. We bought all available Initial D DVD's from japan, and we've seen them all, unless this new season is really gonna be made. If anyone finds any hard evidence of this new season, could you send me a PM so's I can keep an eye out for it? Big Grin

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------

Playstation Magazine has released information that a new Cell Shaded Cowboy Bebop game is in the works heres what the magazine article reads-

"Based on the origional story, Bandai's first Cowboy Bebop game follows Spike and his fellow bounty hunters as they amble through space, chasing all kinds of outlaws. You play as Spike, Jet, or Faye in this Cell-Shaded game- and if you're good, you might even unlock a bonus mode featuring Ein!"

Sounds like something to look forword to...
opsnafu 01-15-2004 02:47 AM
FULL METAL PANIC RULES! If you haven't seen it then go out and buy the first dvd! They just came out with the fifth dvd Cool
StevieV019 01-21-2004 01:17 PM
Courtesy of Animenewsnetwork.com:

Six days a week, New Shows: More Inu Yasha, Animatrix, Detective Conan, Wolf's Rain

-----
Starting on Saturday, April 17th, Cartoon Network will replace their current Saturday programming with an additional day of Adult Swim. Providing that they do not cancel any of the other Adult Swim blocks, the Adult Swim block will then be aired 6 days a week, every day but Friday.

Cartoon Swim has also confirmed several new anime coming to the popular programming block.

The Animatrix and Detective Conan will air during the new Saturday time block. Meanwhile Wolf's Rain is expected to start in April and new episodes of Inu Yasha are expected sometime in March or April.

Expo 04 01-21-2004 06:40 PM
The dub of Mobile Suit Gundam SEED will start on the new Adult Swim Saturday block beginning in April.

Source: http://icv2.com/articles/news/4131.html
Mike 01-21-2004 06:47 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Expo 04
The dub of Mobile Suit Gundam SEED will start on the new Adult Swim Saturday block beginning in April.

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
YAY! Now I can see the rest of it!

And in English!
And on [as] so it'll have all the violence and cursing and whatnot!
Wingnut 01-21-2004 06:49 PM
quote:
Originally posted by GAT-X105
quote:
Originally posted by Expo 04

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
YAY! Now I can see the rest of it!

And in English!
And on [as] so it'll have all the violence and cursing and whatnot!
This is indeed a glorius day for all Gundam. Seig Zeon!
Oops wrong series.Embarrassed Sweatdrop
Schoolie 01-21-2004 07:56 PM
Is the Animatrix anything new? There are only a handful of shorter stories on the DVD. I don't know if there would be enough material to carry a month of Saturdays.
AlexRosewater 01-27-2004 01:17 PM
I know Cartoon netowrk is going to mess up the Animatrix. by editing mostly ever thing out.
StevieV019 01-28-2004 10:48 AM
Cartoon Network has reported that there has been a substantial ratings growth for the month of January. Over the past year the network has acquired and premiered dozens of programs aimed at a field divese demographics. The largest rise in viewer attendence comes during late night television, or more accurately during the Adult Swim programming block, a section of TV dedicated specifically to adults. The time periods for Toonami and for Friday nights have also had an increase in ratings as well.

Adult Swim (Sunday-Thursday, 11 p.m.-2 a.m.)
Among key highlights, January '04 now stands as the network's best-ever
delivery of Adults 18-34, up 18% vs. last year.
Adults 18-34 delivery (378,000) rose by 44% and ratings (0.6) by 50%.
Adults 18-24 delivery (202,000) grew by 41% and ratings (0.7) by 40%.
Men 18-34 delivery (248,000) expanded by 52% and ratings (0.8) by 60%.
Men 18-24 delivery (136,000) and ratings (1.0) both lifted by 43%.

Toonami (Monday-Thursday, 5-7 p.m.)
Kids 6-11 delivery (481,000) increased by 4% and ratings (2.0) by 5%.
Kids 2-11 delivery (752,000) improved by 7% and ratings (1.9) by 6%.

Fridays (7 p.m.-12 a.m.)
Kids 6-11 delivery (599,000) grew by 2% and ratings (2.5) by 4%.
Boys 6-11 delivery (472,000) jumped by 9% and ratings (3.9) by 15%.

"Additionally, Cartoon Network's original series, Teen Titans, increased its
combined weekend plays (Saturdays, 9 p.m./Sundays, 10 p.m.) delivery and ratings by double digits throughout the month."

CREDIT: animationinsider.net
C.R Foxhound 01-28-2004 10:53 AM
quote:
Originally posted by StevieV019
Courtesy of Animenewsnetwork.com:

Six days a week, New Shows: More Inu Yasha, Animatrix, Detective Conan, Wolf's Rain

-----
Starting on Saturday, April 17th, Cartoon Network will replace their current Saturday programming with an additional day of Adult Swim. Providing that they do not cancel any of the other Adult Swim blocks, the Adult Swim block will then be aired 6 days a week, every day but Friday.

Cartoon Swim has also confirmed several new anime coming to the popular programming block.

The Animatrix and Detective Conan will air during the new Saturday time block. Meanwhile Wolf's Rain is expected to start in April and new episodes of Inu Yasha are expected sometime in March or April.

Thats cool about wolf's rain and all but...

WHERE IS GHOST IN THE SHELL?

and why would they show the Animatrix, i mean, the shorts are no longer than 10 maybe 13 minutes

the only ones that would need to be sensord are the Second Reniassance and Program i think.

im really glad they're gonna have the saturday block again, that used to be the highlight of my saturday nights
StevieV019 01-28-2004 11:53 AM
quote:
im really glad they're gonna have the saturday block again, that used to be the highlight of my saturday nights

right on! Cant wait for saturday night Adult swim...
Schoolie 01-28-2004 07:53 PM
Exactly! The first Saturday night all action AS a couple of years ago was great!
StevieV019 02-02-2004 08:18 AM
For all the Gundam lovers (and Adult Swim Saturday fans):

"Coming on April 17th
-----
Following a week of media reports that, in addition to several new shows announced earlier this month, Cartoon Network would be adding Gundam Seed to its programming in late April, Cartoon Network has confirmed to ANN that they will indeed be airing the newest addition of the Gundam franchise and that it is scheduled to being on the Saturday Action block on April 17th.

AWN, points out that the late April premiere will roughly coincide with the release of the first volume of the Gundam Seed manga, due to be released by Del Rey on April 30th."

courtesy of animenewsnetwork.com
Wingnut 02-02-2004 09:12 AM
quote:
For all the Gundam lovers (and Adult Swim Saturday fans):

"Coming on April 17th
-----
Following a week of media reports that, in addition to several new shows announced earlier this month, Cartoon Network would be adding Gundam Seed to its programming in late April, Cartoon Network has confirmed to ANN that they will indeed be airing the newest addition of the Gundam franchise and that it is scheduled to being on the Saturday Action block on April 17th.

AWN, points out that the late April premiere will roughly coincide with the release of the first volume of the Gundam Seed manga, due to be released by Del Rey on April 30th."

Let's hope the yaoi fanfic writers stay away from this one. I really don't want a repeat of the yaoi fanfic madness that plauged Wing.
*Marks April 17th on calendar* Cool
Mike 02-02-2004 10:00 AM
quote:

GUNDAMU SHIIIIDO!!!!!!!
Yay for Engrish.Anime Smile

SEED is tied with Gundam X as my favorite alternate universe series.
Now we just need to get Zeta, and ZZ, and V Gundam, and Gundam X, and Turn-A Gundam. And to get rid of G-Saviour.
Shady Dark Lady 02-02-2004 10:29 AM
The New Previews catalog is out...Guess what? For all of us Excel Saga fans they are releasing the DVD for Puni Puni Poemy..AND it looks like Nabeshin is in it!!! Yeah!! More craziness from the makers of Excel Saga!!!
Manji 02-05-2004 11:43 PM
I don't think anyone has said anything about this yet, but TokyoPop's English dubbed Initial D is set to air this summer on one of the major cartoon channels, and it looks like its most likely that it will air on AS if the story is anything like the japanese one.
StevieV019 02-06-2004 07:54 AM
Manji, do you have the source for this? Or perhaps an article where it was mentioned?? Thanks
Manji 02-06-2004 04:55 PM
Well, most anime forums have talk about it and how well it did in japan, I've come across quite a few that say they'll proboubly be airing it on AS, but then there are the morons (sorry to be rude) on the AS board who write thier messages using only three keys that say they won't.

Below is the first post of an initial d thread in the AS boards
quote:
vite here for initial d

Anyway,

OB Planning has announced that Initial D: Stage 4 will air in April 2004 in Japan. Also you can see the making of the Fourth Stage on PPV Channel 183 (Perfect Choice). It is 85 mins long. Call your local satillite or cable provider and request this.

I'll keep an eye out for actual news and a believable article, the place I had origionally found out about it was the NASIOC Forums I think, but I can't find the topic Frown
StevieV019 02-12-2004 07:19 AM
For all you Initial D fans (Manji and well, me too...):

"Initial D Live Action Changes Hands (2004-02-11 23:13:36)
Tsui Hark is reported to have abandoned the Initial D live action movie because of disagreements with the film company over how it should be filmed. The new director is Andrew Lau. Referrer: Jagged*Team. Source: KFC Cinema"

Also, for C.R Foxhound and Ghost in a Shell fans, some tv series news:

"Ghost in the Shell TV Release PR (2004-02-11 18:59:37)
Bandai and Manga Entertainment announced today that the first Ghost in the Shell TV DVD will be released June 27th, and will air on Cartoon Network later this year. The new Ghost in the Shell TV website is located at www.ghostintheshell.tv."

source: Animenewsnetwork.com