The official Anime News Thread

Patsai 11-06-2003 09:55 PM
Short, not very informative news:

The live-action movie Lupin III will be released in 2004 by Columbia Tristar Entertainment.
Mega Dominus 11-08-2003 02:36 PM
Okay, not really anime, but since it was acquired by an anime-licensing production company...

Media Blasters Acquires Invader Zim!!!

Do you know what this means??!!?

Look forward to seeing ZIM on DVD in the near future!!! Spring 2004, to be exact. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

For more info, here's the link:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/pressrelease.php?id=128
Shady Dark Lady 11-12-2003 09:31 AM
It Is about TIME!!!! I have a poorly done Invader Zim dvd, BUT NOW I CAN OWN THE REAL ONE!!! Gaz Rules and I wish I had a "dog" Wink like Gir! I also can't wait to see the Live Action Lupin! That is going to be hilarious!
StevieV019 11-13-2003 08:58 AM
Just a quick note....

According to the Hollywood Reporter, Millennium Actress, Pokemon Heroes and Patlabor WXIII have all been submitted for Oscars. Additionally, Hollywood Reporter states that "word on the street" is that Cowboy Bebop: The Movie has also been submitted. Each of these films has been submitted in hopes that it will be nominated for the best animated feature at the 74th annual Academy Awards.

In the "It's not anime, but we still care" category, Final Flight of the Osiris is also reported to have been submitted for best animated short.

Although the above films have been submitted for consideration, they may not all be nominated. Some may be found to be ineligible (as Jin-Roh was for the 2002 awards), or others may simply not be found to be worthy of nomination.

In order for the award to be given away, there must be 8 nominees. Other submissions include "Finding Nemo", "Rugrats Go Wild!," "Jungle Book 2," "Piglet's Big Movie," "Brother Bear" and more.

Miyazaki's Spirited Away won the award in 2003.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----
source: www.animenewsnetwork.com

Not like it will matter, really...Finding Nemo should clean up...
StevieV019 11-13-2003 11:26 AM
Sorry, I know ....double post...but I figured people might like this....

Witch Hunter Robyn coming to Cartoon Network (2003-11-13 12:14:10)

Following reports on other websites that Witch Hunter Robin will be broadcast on a cable TV channel, ANN has confirmed with 'Johny Walker' that Cartoon Network will be showing WHR later this year.

source: www.animenewsnetwork.com

QUICK EDIT:

11-11-03---- Rumor: Witch Hunter Robin TV Broadcast
Jack Daniels has rang in with a new and juicy rumor concerning the possible American Cable broadcast in 2004 of Bandai Entertainment's Witch Hunter Robin series. Cartoon Network was named as a possible candidate network.
CREDIT: www.animenewsservice.com
StevieV019 11-13-2003 11:31 AM
Im not sure where to post this...but Gamecube owners may appreciate it:

Nintendo To Release Zelda Classics Gamecube Bundle
REDMOND, Wash., Nov. 4, 2003 – The millions of fans of The Legend of Zelda® series will get an early holiday present from Nintendo of America Inc.: the release of a must-have disc that includes four playable classic games and additional bonus materials. Starting Nov. 17, Nintendo will offer The Legend of Zelda Collector’s Edition Bundle packaged with the Nintendo GameCube™ at the low price of just $99.99. The disc is destined to become the surprise hit of the season, as The Legend of Zelda remains one of the video game industry’s most popular franchises. Since its debut in 1987, nearly 40 million games have been sold worldwide. “This offer is the ultimate treat for fans of The Legend of Zelda series,” says George Harrison, Nintendo of America’s senior vice president, marketing and corporate communications. “Just buy a Nintendo GameCube at the new low MSRP of $99.99 and you get the special The Legend of Zelda offer at no additional cost.”
The special disc will include: The Legend of Zelda, the original 1987 game for the Nintendo Entertainment System® (NES) that introduced Link, Zelda™, Ganon and the magical world of Hyrule; the game remains one of the most popular video games ever Zelda II™: The Adventure of Link®, the 1988 NES adventure that combined exploration, action, magic and weapons The Legend of Zelda®: Ocarina of Time®, the 1998 hit for the Nintendo® 64 that let players travel through time, explore vast territories and solve puzzles, all in a 3-D environment The Legend of Zelda®: Majora’s Mask™, the 2000 sequel for the Nintendo 64 that let players don masks to transform into various characters, all while battling against the clock A playable demo of The Legend of Zelda®: The Wind Waker™, the series’ 2003 debut on the Nintendo GameCube that included cartoon-shaded visuals and unique facial animation in the richest, most expansive environment yet Gameplay footage highlights from The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker A short retrospective history of The Legend of Zelda series

www.animenewsservice.com
StevieV019 11-13-2003 11:33 AM
Yes, I know...triple post or whatever...but they are all newsworthy, and I figured they deserved their own posts so that there was no confusion...please understand...anyway...here:

11-11-03---- HK Initial D Live Action Update
According to an unknown source, Taiwanese singer Jay Chou has been offered with the title role of the big screen adaptation of Japanese manga series Initial D. Director Hark Tsui has been planning the project for years and according to this source, shooting will finally start in March next year. Initial D is about a young guy, who is a tofu deliver by day and an underground street racer by night. Andy Lau was originally set to play the father of the main character, which once belonged to Edison Chen. Now Andy Lau is no longer attached to the project and Edison Chen is offered with another role, a rival racer.
Source: http://www.monkeypeaches.com/ And Special Thanks To Daniel for the news submission

www.animenewsservice.com
StevieV019 11-14-2003 10:52 AM
Yep...its me again...here, chew on this:

Cartoon Network's New Anime Roar (2003-11-14 10:35:51)
Bandai and FUNimation have informed us that their newest titles on Cartoon Network, SD Gundam Force and Dragonball GT respectively, have been pulling in some amazing ratings. The debut of Dragon Ball GT pulled in a whopping 9.7 for males 9-14 and an impressive 8.6 for males 6-11. Meanwhile, in the latest Nielson ratings, SD Gundam Force pulled in a very respectable 6.3 with males 6-11, but more importantly also pulled in the same 6.3 rating in the household category

www.animenewsnetwork.com

----------------------------------------------

I guess its kinda bad news for the DBZ/DBGT-haters here, with the ratings listed above...looks like they'll keep it around...also, same with SD Gundam Force...
Patsai 11-14-2003 10:23 PM
quote:
Originally posted by StevieV019
Just a quick note....

According to the Hollywood Reporter, Millennium Actress, Pokemon Heroes and Patlabor WXIII have all been submitted for Oscars.

POKEMON HEROES Shocked for oscars Shocked ?!?!?!

My god, that is a shock! I'd never think of Pokemon winning the Oscars, let alone even being nominated for one Shocked !

DUN DUN Duuuuunnnn!!!!
Sharpshooter005 11-18-2003 12:31 PM
Michael Moore's documentary which violated guidelines won..now pokemon is nominated...

Is there ANYBODY who still puts any stock in these awards? (Aside from the fact if something wins, then yeah...it can draw in more revenue).
Patsai 11-21-2003 01:04 AM
Cowboy Bebop, Tokyo Godfathers, and The Animatrix have been submitted for tries on the Oscar.

In my opinion, Finding Nemo is going to win.
Shady Dark Lady 11-21-2003 11:14 AM
You are probally right..
For any one who is intrested Captain Harlock: My youth in Arcadia is coming out on DVD on the week of November 25th. I went to Suncoast.com, I tried pre-ordering it from the Store, but the idiot behind the counter was no help at all, so I have to try to go there again and pre-order it. If you pre-order dvds, you save a few bucks Big Grin
Zopwx2 11-22-2003 03:15 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Big-O
Well thats good news... Too bad for me though... I can't get big-O unless it comes in one big Box Set... (parents weird rule)

I wonder how long it will take for a season 2 box set to arrive, if it even comes out at all. I'm a cheapskate, I'l wait for the box set.
Shady Dark Lady 12-01-2003 10:44 AM
In the December Issue of Previews (a catalog available at Comic Book Stores) they have the Big O figure sets..
They cost $17.95 each.
the first set is R.Dorothy Wayneright,Norman,Dorothy 1 and Big O
The second set consists of Roger,the Griffin,Big O action pose and Schwarzwald!!! I think they also have a website for Previews, but I went to it a few months ago and it isn't very good. They have more stuff in the catalog than they do on the site!!
tjm8787 12-04-2003 02:29 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Manji
Well, I saw a bunch of them at Sam Goodie, I think...

I'm gonna buy the FLCL dvd's soon...

I'm gonna buy the Cowboy Bebop CD box set sometime this week...

Initial D dvd 3 comes out in January...

Maybe I should make an official video game thread too...

:Edit: I ordered the FLCL set...

MAN?! youre 15? where do you get your money? Laughing The bebop DVD's run pretty high. But if you want the FLCL eps i could just send them to you... i got em on my hard drive right now and im goina delete them soon
Mega Dominus 12-04-2003 11:39 PM
Weird anime news...for One Piece fans anyway Sweatdrop

According to this article (and confirmed by other reliable sources), the anime One Piece was never licensed in the US to begin with...yet.

Initially, most people thought that FUNimation had declared their intention to bring One Piece Stateside officially last year, only to find out that they reason they took so long to start production was because they never had it. Frown

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=4404

One reason for its importance is due to the fansubs currently floating about online. Previously, distribution had stopped after the misconstrued release, but now the 'subs seem to be in full force again...
Byranx 12-06-2003 11:54 AM
Manga delays Macross and Evangelion Boxes (2003-12-04 11:41:40)
Manga Entertainment has delayed the upcoming release of The Macross Plus Box Set originally scheduled for January 31st, and the Evangelion movie box, originally scheduled for February 29th. New dates will not be announced until sometime next year. Source: Anime on DVD [ discuss (6 posts) ]

Source: www.animenewsnetwork.com
angel of amnesia 12-19-2003 12:54 AM
i don;t know if this is important or not, but on netflix.com the big o 2 dvd is able to rent on january 24,2004. you can save it on your dvd record thingy.
Prons 12-25-2003 07:10 PM
I don't Know if anyone has ever said it, but in March or so the Last R2 DVD for gundam SEED (#13) will come out and will include a 5 minute OVA about what hapens after the series.
dawnstrider 01-03-2004 03:27 PM
I've read from Anime Insider the the Ghot in the Shell sequal - Innocence - will be due some time in March. It's from the same maker of the original - Oshii - and will hopefully follow along the same philosophical themes Smile .