The All Important CLAMP Thread - Update: Studio Tour/Ask CLAMP

angelcakes 10-25-2003 03:45 PM
I am a huge CLAMP fan as many of you well know, but I find that people are constantly 'ragging' on it so to speak. I just wanted to know why people don't like them or if there are any other CLAMP fans out here.
The Baker St. Irregular 10-25-2003 05:04 PM
Hmmmm... CLAMP... Considering how long I've been into the whole anime thing, it is only recently that I have gotten into manga. I've all of Clover and a bit of Chobits and Card Captor Sakura, but that's it on the matter of CLAMP. I find their style very unique and definitely very catchy, but I haven't read enough of them to make a good judgement. Heh.
Kittie heavenly6 10-25-2003 09:35 PM
I've always been a huge CLAMP Fan actually. I don't even wait for their stuff to come out in english before I buy it lol. Chobitsu, CCS, RG Veda, Clamp School Detectives, CLAMP In wonderland, Magic Knights Rayearth, Etc

Good stuff they are Smile
Mega Dominus 10-26-2003 01:55 AM
CLAMP is pretty cool in its own right...I like CC Sakura a lot Smile ), but Chobits didn't go right with me Frown .

Oh yeah, I heard that their latest project is something of an amalgation of most of their previous lines, except everything has been twisted now to fit all their characters into a single world. Anyone know something more about this project?
Kittie heavenly6 10-26-2003 05:02 AM
My friend has been following that, but I don't know much about it.
Sharpshooter005 10-26-2003 07:48 PM
quote:
I find that people are constantly 'ragging' on it so to speak.

Guilty as charged. Pleased

The only thing by them I've ever seen is chibits. It was....

....weird. I kept thinking "what'd happen if dorothy was the size of sumomo", and inadvertantly scaring myself.
Name Of God 10-26-2003 08:25 PM
I'm ignorant, would someone mind explaining what CLAMPs are? Embarrassed Sweatdrop
Schwarzwald 10-26-2003 08:32 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Name Of God
I'm ignorant, would someone mind explaining what CLAMPs are? Embarrassed Sweatdrop

uhg yeah... CLAMP... is this a .. animation style? or a uniqe animation company... or... what
Zola 10-26-2003 08:34 PM
Not what, who.

Clamp is a female group of Manga Artists. They have brought a lot of great series to the Manga World and until recently were probably best known for their Magic Knight Rayearth Manga Smile
Schwarzwald 10-26-2003 08:35 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Zola
Not what, who.

Clamp is a female group of Manga Artists. They have brought a lot of great series to the Manga World and until recently were probably best known for their Magic Knight Rayearth Manga Smile

wow... they must be pretty good if thery are that well known... i should check that out...

well i mena... with a name like clamp... it must have really gotten around... with a bit of explaining i mean...
mecha0083 10-26-2003 09:22 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Zola
Not what, who.

Thanks for the explanation,Zola. I love your fanfic, by the way. Clamp's most successful anime was Cardcaptor Sakura. Hey, why didn't anyone mention X/1999? That was a great stroy. I haven't seen the movie just the manga. I too am a Clamp fan. I'm still waiting for the second Sakura movie to be released. Sorry, no pun intended.
Zola 10-26-2003 09:24 PM
quote:
Originally posted by mecha0083
Thanks for the explanation,Zola. I love your fanfic, by the way. Clamp's most successful anime was Cardcaptor Sakura.

Thanks for the compliment! You're right about Cardcaptor, for some reason, the name escaped me when I posted and all I could think of was the earlier one, LOL! Which is why I said "until recently" Wink
StevieV019 10-27-2003 08:36 AM
I wouldnt necessarily say Im a "fan" of CLAMP...however, I do enjoy the tv version of the X series that they originally did. Im currently watching the tv series that is being released on DVD...definitely a really good series...
angelcakes 10-27-2003 02:58 PM
Any one of the Clamp fans read "Clamp School Detecives" or "Clamp School Defenders: Duklyon"? Those are my two favorites. Nokoru is my fav. character of all time (other than the Big O characters) HE's the perfect guy. I wish guys like that really existed Sweatdrop
mecha0083 10-27-2003 03:29 PM
HI Smile . Has anybody seen "Miyuki-chan in Wonderland"? After buying this wierd DVD,Which I got for$10 at A.X., I had no problem watching a show about a city with no memories and big mecha's. I have not seen "Clamp school detectives" as of yet. Nokoru is a perfect guy, huh? Doesn't surprise me any. Clamp does create some absolutly perfect characters.If Nokoru is the perfect guy, then CCS' Tomoyo is the perfect friend. I like her alot. She has a skin tone thats close to our fav android's. *cough*Dorothy*cough*.
Knave 10-28-2003 05:39 PM
Tomoyo's a bit more than a friend, in the manga, at least.

The next page has her telling Sakura "I'll tell you when you're older" Embarrassed Sweatdrop

Of course, Clamp's big on being chock-full of relationships, but they put a lot of that stuff in the manga, when they're supposed to be in elementary school. Dosen't bother me, though, the character development really is excellent in most of Clamp's works.
Strawberrry 10-28-2003 07:05 PM
Acually, Tomoyo only loves Sakura, Sakura is too dense to understand the way Tomoyo loves her.

I'm a CLAMP fan, I suppose! The only full manga I've read from them is Cardcaptor Sakura. The ending made me cry. It wasn't sad, I was just sad that it was over....

I've read a little of "Wish," "X/1999: Prelude," and "Chobits" in my bookstore. Wish looks cute. I wanna get it..... But I have to start with the first one in the series. That's my rule. After that, I can jump all over, but I HAVE to start with the first one.

And that new crossover project that CLAMP is doing is called "Tsubasa: ÿReservoir Chronical." It's a crossover of some, if not all, of their stories.
mecha0083 10-29-2003 09:28 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Strawberrry
Acually, Tomoyo only loves Sakura, Sakura is too dense to understand the way Tomoyo loves her.

I'm a CLAMP fan, I suppose! The only full manga I've read from them is Cardcaptor Sakura. The ending made me cry. It wasn't sad, I was just sad that it was over....

I've read a little of "Wish," "X/1999: Prelude," and "Chobits" in my bookstore. Wish looks cute. I wanna get it..... But I have to start with the first one in the series. That's my rule. After that, I can jump all over, but I HAVE to start with the first one.

And that new crossover project that CLAMP is doing is called "Tsubasa: ÿReservoir Chronical." It's a crossover of some, if not all, of their stories.

As long as Sakura's happy, Tomoyo is happy. I belive in the same,Strawberrry. I never watch/read something unless I see/read the first episode/book. Oh yeah. CLAMP does like having a lot of relationships in a series. In the anime, we learn that Tomoyo's mom and Sakura's mom where cousins. Tomoyo's mom(Sonami) had the same feelings for Sakura's mom(Nadisheko). I hope I spelt their names right. Although one of the funniest moments in CCS was when Sakura met tomoyo's mom. Then Tomoyo's mom met again with Sakura's dad. I love their(the parents) reaction to each other. That was funny.
angelcakes 11-03-2003 12:37 PM
Has anyone heard of "Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle"? It's supposed to be a CCS alternate reality type thing, with charaters from other CLAMP series'. I really want to find out a little more about it.

Plus if anyone wants to know the extent of the CLAMP crossovers here's the perfect site;

http://www.yumegari.net/sites/ccme/
Sharpshooter005 11-03-2003 05:09 PM
Chii vs. Dorothy...

...Hey, I'd so buy that its not even FUNNY.