The All Important CLAMP Thread - Update: Studio Tour/Ask CLAMP

angelcakes 04-23-2004 02:49 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Yomiko
angelcakes I forgot to ask eariler but in your very cute sig who are the two guys in the middle with the black clothes and hir hold the CLOW book and Sakuras staff?

pen1300 I made a Artemis Fowl thread.

Those two are Kamui and Fuma from the X/1999 series.

Yeah I've noticed the whole Akira thing. But if you remember during the dance chapter they show she and Nagisa all dress up. Mind you this was before Suoh and Nagisa actually met but still....

quote:
The Angels are very cute, wish something like that was real AND in the US. But it would most likly be alot of money, like a 100 for the angel its self and way extra for special clothes.

And I can't sew to save my life so.... Big Grin
Yomiko 04-23-2004 09:22 PM
Are you serious that heres only 2 Faces books? I thought I saw more at my bookstore. You guys are confusing me CSD names, I can only tell there hair color if I want to talk about one. (blonde; the leader, blue; the quite fighter, and black; the youngest and peppy/ happist and the good cook)

I can kind of sew but it wouldn't fit very well, make a tube top and skirt. Big Grin
angelcakes 04-23-2004 10:20 PM
quote:
Are you serious that heres only 2 Faces books? I thought I saw more at my bookstore. You guys are confusing me CSD names, I can only tell there hair color if I want to talk about one. (blonde; the leader, blue; the quite fighter, and black; the youngest and peppy/ happist and the good cook)

I can kind of sew but it wouldn't fit very well, make a tube top and skirt. Big Grin

Suoh has blue hair, Nokoru has blonde hair and Akira has black hair. Utako is his 'girlfriend' I suppose and I can't tell you who Nagisa is unless I spoil it for you.
pen1300 04-24-2004 07:13 AM
quote:
Are you serious that theres only 2 Faces books? I thought I saw more at my bookstore.

You might have seen multiple copies. There are only two volumes. Go check out the Tokyo Pop website. I love that site. That's how I was mainly exposed to CLAMP. I saw an ad for Wish (I think) and decided to check it out and *bam* I was a CLAMP fan.

Man Of Many Faces

Speaking of Man Of Many Faces, if there is anyone who does have it, what does their Volume 2(the one they own) cover look like? I ordered mine online and the cover is different than what the site I ordered it from shows and TokyoPop's website. I find this odd. I mean, it still is the same story, but my Volume 2 is different. Instead of adult Akira and Utako, its another pic of them as kids (I'll see if I can scan it sometime)...I wonder if I ever come across the cover on the TokyoPop site if I should pick that up? *shrugs*. Wouldn't be the first two copies I have. When I first bought Wish Vol. 2, it was missing the color pics. Now, not until I had all four did it dawn on me I should have color pics. So, I bought another Wish Vol. 2.

Huh...

Later,
Pen1300
Yomiko 04-24-2004 05:52 PM
Thank you for the info and no info. Tongue LOL

I looked in the bookstore and there is only two, bummer. In Wish only the first two pictures are in color and of course the covers.

Almost forgot angelcakes who are the two guys in the center of your sig.(black hair and clothes)
angelcakes 04-25-2004 02:54 PM
Uh...Yomiko. You asked that already asked thatSweatdrop It's Fuma and Kamui from X/1999.

So anyone read Suki Dakara Suki? It's very un-CLAMP like. I have a feeling Mick Nekoi drew it. I mean if you look at Hina everytime she acts all innocent she dons doggy ears and a tail instead of the norm. cat ears. I don't like it as much as the other CLAMP series because it seems very repetitive.
pen1300 04-25-2004 04:13 PM
Speaking of stuff, I didn't add this yesterday, but CLAMP has another coming in October I think...

Anyway, its called "The One I Love." A one volume book, that we have to wait SO long for. (Its up on TokyoPops site though. Big Grin )

Say, what is that one your talking about? Suki Dakara Suki, I've never heard of it? Is it in the states yet?

Later,
Pen1300
Madrona 04-26-2004 04:28 PM
The only CLAMP books I have read is CLOVER.
I was at the bookmobile and they had #1 and that a very good place to start. So, I took it home and read it. I fell in love. So, I go online to reserve the rest. ARG! #1 is all they have! What a tease.
So I end up going to my local Japanese bookstore and buying the next three ( they didn't have #1, go figure).
I'm feeling a bit bewildered now. But I really did like the series. Kazuhiko is hard not to like.
angelcakes 04-26-2004 05:35 PM
quote:
Originally posted by pen1300
Speaking of stuff, I didn't add this yesterday, but CLAMP has another coming in October I think...

Anyway, its called "The One I Love." A one volume book, that we have to wait SO long for. (Its up on TokyoPops site though. Big Grin )

Say, what is that one your talking about? Suki Dakara Suki, I've never heard of it? Is it in the states yet?

Later,
Pen1300

Yeah it's stateside, 'cept it's called Suki. Vol. 1+2 are out so far. If you check my update on the second page, I got some inside info about a list of CLAMP titles coming out this year don't ask how I got it though Wink Yeah "The One I Love" is coming out.

Oh, guess what! CLAMP Northside and Southside artbooks are out! It's where I got my CLAMP sig pics from. They've got various CLAMP charaters all together. I can't wait to get it myself. It's talked about in the little CLAMP comic at the end of CSD #3.
Yomiko 04-26-2004 06:53 PM
Never seen or heard of Suki, sorry.
angelcakes 05-01-2004 09:46 PM
I got Tsubasa and XXXHolics today Big Grin I would have gotten Tokyo Bablyon, but Del Ray is so god forsaken expensive. 10.95 a comic!

I recomend Tsubasa strongly. It's so good. It's got characters from all sorts of CLAMP manga! Like Sorata and Arashi. There's also a hidden thingy to these to too. Can't wait to read XXXholics Big Grin
Tickle Tickle 05-01-2004 10:52 PM
I got xxxHOLIC today too, and I love it. ^^

Also, is it xxxHOLIC or Tsubasa that a Chi-lookalike appears in?
angelcakes 05-02-2004 02:24 PM
quote:
Originally posted by R-Umino
I got xxxHOLIC today too, and I love it. ^^

Also, is it xxxHOLIC or Tsubasa that a Chi-lookalike appears in?

It's Tsubasa. Except her ears are a bit... furry for lack of a better.

Is it me, or does Yuko remind me of Haruko?
Yomiko 05-05-2004 12:10 PM
GGGAAA!!!!! Shocked You two talk of books you got and I've never heard of them. Where do you two live? Confused
angelcakes 05-05-2004 02:15 PM
quote:
GGGAAA!!!!! Shocked You two talk of books you got and I've never heard of them. Where do you two live? Confused

I live in CT. The publisher is Del Ray(I think their too expensive) and they were scheduled to be released in May, along with Tokyo Bablyon. You sure your book store doesn't have them? Confused
Yomiko 05-06-2004 01:22 PM
Well I haven't been to out book store in a long time to acutally buy something cause I was and am saving up for a trip to Minniapolis St. Paul area. But when I do go in to have a look around I don't see very many CLAMP books. Although at Barns and Noble I thing my brother Barrin saw two books that were buy CLAMP. One was the one where Skaura and Lee were older and she a princess of the Clow world, its something along that line.(read a small article about four small things that CLAMP did in the magazine Newtype) The other book... the only thing I can remember is the cover was white, had a lady on it, some lite blues and maybe puprle. The main bookstore where Barrin and I but our manga is Walden Books.

Is CT Connitcet? (sp)
angelcakes 05-06-2004 04:58 PM
Those are Tsubasa and XXXHolic. That's wht we're talking about.

Yeah, Del Ray is more expensive so make sure to save your pennies if you want them.

Yes CT is Connecticut. I shop in Walden too. They should have it. Unless where you are doesn't get them to later.
Yomiko 05-07-2004 01:40 PM
One of two things; one is they aren't here yet and two they have it but they didn't put it on the shevels/ I haven't noticed them yet.
angelcakes 05-17-2004 06:45 PM
Oh my the shock! I have just read X/1999 volume 6-7, and I can say nothing good came out of it. Well some good did come oout of it, but very little.

After reading it I was lead to find some translation of the internet.

First off I'll be happy to tell you:

spoiler (highlight to read):
Nokoru, Suoh, and Akira appear in the rest of the series. Adult CCD's. My life is now complete Pleased

Second off:

spoiler (highlight to read):
I have learned a sad fact. Our dear Kotori-chan is killed by Fuma. It's a fact that has lead me to not want to continue the series.

I really don't know if I want to continue X/1999. What would you do?
Yomiko 05-18-2004 07:14 PM
Ummm... I'm bad with names and I haven't read those books.

The serices with an older CCS and another one where some guy is bothered by hants and this lady says she can help him, well they have them at Walder Books and Suncoast, some of the new things they brought out are $11 instead of $10. Well at Walden Books we have a discount card.

Two things my brother and I go by: "Easy come, easy go" and "Some many books, so little time and money" (the second one I made up)