The All Important CLAMP Thread - Update: Studio Tour/Ask CLAMP

Mega Dominus 11-03-2003 10:28 PM
Dorothy 1, Chii 0. End of story. Big Grin

EDIT: 300th Post! Smile )
angelcakes 02-11-2004 05:40 PM
Shocked Time for a big ole bump. Last pg, whoa. Shocked

Ahem, beside that. Has anyone resently checked out Suki? It's really unlike anything Clamp ever drew. It's really freaky, kinda of realish, if you can call it that. Very real in fact, but kind of scary.

Oh and I have some news, TOKYOPOP finally confermed the publication of Legal Drug, The Legend of Chun Hyang, The One I Love and RG Vega, some older and newer works from the fab four. No word on release dates yet(I'll get back to you on this. I'll see what I can dig up)

Del Rey publishing company has aqquired the rights to .Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and XXXholic and plans to release them in late May 2004.

That's it for now.
Bismarck 02-11-2004 06:20 PM
I figured if someone was going to make a thread dedicated to clamp it would be angelcakes. I have not seen chobits, but the opening song by itself really makes me want to watch the show.

But then I'm not sure that the series would really appeal to me.
Yomiko 04-20-2004 07:53 PM
Ooohhh! A CLAMP thread! My brother, Barrin, has Chobits I have Wish, 12 CCS books, and CLAMP School Dectives. Ha sanyone heard of or read the Artamis Fowl books? Well Artamis kind of remindes me of the blonde from "The School", I like those guys. Anyone seen or heard of "Alice 19"? It almost looks like a CLAMP work cause the main girl, Alice, looks like Sakura.

angelcakes, I LOVE YOUR SIG. Pleased
angelcakes 04-20-2004 07:59 PM
I have read Alice 19th. Your right it does have a CLAMP-y kinda feel to it. Alice does look ever so slightly to Sakura. You think Artimis Fowl looks/sounds like Nokoru? Well, maybe ever so slightly, but not that much in my opinon
Tickle Tickle 04-20-2004 08:25 PM
I was just wondering, does anyone know if the woman of CLAMP are homosexual? Its just something I wondered, it seems like they are. Mainly after reading that little comic in Miyuki-Chan in Wonderland...
CoCoaPuFF CatX 04-20-2004 08:48 PM
I am a Big fan of Clam but i'm not crazy about it i mean everything from clap i've read so far i like but my 2 faves so far are Chobits and Magic knights Rayearth... there are many more that i would love to read but sadly no money to buy them with..... o well what can you do
Ano Hito 04-20-2004 08:58 PM
I like their style, but what they've done doesn't all appeal to me. However, I do subscribe to the school of thought that states that Yue kicks booty.
Barrin 04-21-2004 12:05 PM
I started out by reading my sister's copy of Wish. I got into it by buying up Chobits. Under the wonderful comedy and ecchi scenes, it's a romance story not just between Hideki and Chi, but most everyone has or had someone they loved. After finishing it, I tried to get into the anime, but I stopped after the 1st volume. It was just too slow, plus I don't need a cute voice saying "underpants" repeatedly. People give you strange looks then. Sweatdrop

Anyone here reading the CLAMP articles in Newtype USA? I find them interesting, if not a bit wacky. Kinda like all the relationships the charecters have... You almost need a scorecard to figure out who knows who how and why, who loves who, and which is psydo-gay and which one isn't.
IanC 04-21-2004 12:46 PM
First CLAMP manga i got was Chobits (earlier this year!!) Also got Miyuki-chan in wonderland and CCS.

Like em all!!
C.R Foxhound 04-21-2004 01:25 PM
i havent touched anything CLAMP yet, the only manga i've read is Ranma at my library
pen1300 04-21-2004 02:51 PM
Hm...the blonde and Artemis Fowl? No, I see the whole genious thing and rich boy, but no. Artemis was a "bad" guy. (Gosh, I really hated the ending of the last book.)

I LOVE CLAMP! In my meeger 35 book collection, CLAMP is probably the most I have. Man of Many Faces, Wish, CLAMP School Detectives and X/1999. I love every volume I have. I really want to get the Snow Princess story one. I think that will be even more beautiful, but I'm waiting for it to be in paperback. I have seen CCS and Magic Knight Rayearth and love them, though I see similarities.

I just love their fluid style though. Man of Many Faces and Wish are my top CLAMP books right now. Wish was so sweet!

I'M A CLAMP FAN! I'll look at whatever CLAMP does. Big Grin

Later,
Pen1300
angelcakes 04-21-2004 03:55 PM
First off I want to say that I'm so happy you guys revived this thread Smile

quote:
Originally posted by pen1300
Hm...the blonde and Artemis Fowl? No, I see the whole genious thing and rich boy, but no. Artemis was a "bad" guy. (Gosh, I really hated the ending of the last book.)

I LOVE CLAMP! In my meeger 35 book collection, CLAMP is probably the most I have. Man of Many Faces, Wish, CLAMP School Detectives and X/1999. I love every volume I have. I really want to get the Snow Princess story one. I think that will be even more beautiful, but I'm waiting for it to be in paperback. I have seen CCS and Magic Knight Rayearth and love them, though I see similarities.

I just love their fluid style though. Man of Many Faces and Wish are my top CLAMP books right now. Wish was so sweet!

I'M A CLAMP FAN! I'll look at whatever CLAMP does. Big Grin

Later,
Pen1300

Oh, I don't have Man of Many Faces yet. Is it good? I loved the whole CLAMP universe that ciircles around CLAMP School. Do Nokoru and Suoh appear in it? Yeah, Shirahime-Syo is really gorgeus. I read through it at Walden and I can't wait for the paperback. 18.99 is a little steep for me.

Pen1300 have you read all the volumes of X/1999 that are out? I'm having a dilema decided wether or not to continue it right away. Is it worth it right away? I'm supposed to be on volume 6.

quote:
Originally posted bu R-Umino
I was just wondering, does anyone know if the woman of CLAMP are homosexual?

NO! Shocked Lord I get this a lot. None of the women in CLAMP are homosexual Mick Nekoi I don't know though... Big Grin Wait NO! They're all 'strait'. (re?)Read the mini CLAMP thingy at the end of Miyuki. That should clear it up.
IanC 04-21-2004 04:57 PM
quote:
Originally posted by angelcakesRead the mini CLAMP thingy at the end of Miyuki. That should clear it up.

spoiler (highlight to read):
It basiclly says that there straight but they prefer to draw girls
Right?

Although Miyuki-chan is very on the edge, if you get what i mean.
Yomiko 04-21-2004 08:36 PM
quote:
Originally posted by angelcakes
I have read Alice 19th. Your right it does have a CLAMP-y kinda feel to it. Alice does look ever so slightly to Sakura. You think Artimis Fowl looks/sounds like Nokoru? Well, maybe ever so slightly, but not that much in my opinon

The only picture O Artemis I have is in my head and no voice, haven't seen School anime.

pen1300 hes a little bad but there are others who are worse. WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU HATE THE THIRD ENDING, I'M READING THE THIRD ONE!!!! Or maybe you shouldn't tell me, you might runie the book.
YYYAAAA a CLAMP fantic! With my veery tiny manga collection CLAMP is my main series, I think only one isn't.

Forgot to say eairler but I also have Angelic Layer.
pen1300 04-22-2004 03:04 PM
quote:
Oh, I don't have Man of Many Faces yet. Is it good? I loved the whole CLAMP universe that ciircles around CLAMP School. Do Nokoru and Suoh appear in it? Yeah, Shirahime-Syo is really gorgeus. I read through it at Walden and I can't wait for the paperback. 18.99 is a little steep for me.

Pen1300 have you read all the volumes of X/1999 that are out? I'm having a dilema decided wether or not to continue it right away. Is it worth it right away? I'm supposed to be on volume 6.

Man of Many Faces is SUCH a mushy story but it is SO adorable because Utako Ogawa is a kindergarten girl (president of her class. I believe you've met her in the CLAMP school detectives File 7: You, Deep in my heart) and Akira, you know. Its their love story and just what Utako talks of, sometimes you think she's a complete ditz and other times, she speaks lifes truth. Personally, I LOVE Man of Many Faces. I just love the cuteness. I recommend it if you haven't read it. Oh, yes, Nokoru and Suoh do a appear in the second volume. You have to check out Man of Many Faces, for two volumes, it speaks loads.

As for X/1999, I only have two volumes, but I was blown away by the art and the seemingly dark aspect to the story. I really love the look and feel of the story all ready (I'm going to have to go back and read them). I hope to finish it, but I've got a few others I want to buy first. (GAH, not enough money!) Does it actually get "darker" later on?

quote:
pen1300 hes a little bad but there are others who are worse. WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU HATE THE THIRD ENDING, I'M READING THE THIRD ONE!!!! Or maybe you shouldn't tell me, you might runie the book.

Oh, I'm sorry! (And I refuse to tell you!) I really enjoyed Artemis Fowl though (overall). I mean, the action of the books and Artemis himself, gosh I love him! (We should start a thread I think). I love all the characters. I enjoyed reading the books and highly recommend them.

quote:

OH! I think that was on my list. What is your opinion of that one?

Later,
Pen1300
angelcakes 04-22-2004 04:02 PM
quote:
quote:

Man of Many Faces is SUCH a mushy story but it is SO adorable because Utako Ogawa is a kindergarten girl (president of her class. I believe you've met her in the CLAMP school detectives File 7: You, Deep in my heart) and Akira, you know. Its their love story and just what Utako talks of, sometimes you think she's a complete ditz and other times, she speaks lifes truth. Personally, I LOVE Man of Many Faces. I just love the cuteness. I recommend it if you haven't read it. Oh, yes, Nokoru and Suoh do a appear in the second volume. You have to check out Man of Many Faces, for two volumes, it speaks loads.

As for X/1999, I only have two volumes, but I was blown away by the art and the seemingly dark aspect to the story. I really love the look and feel of the story all ready (I'm going to have to go back and read them). I hope to finish it, but I've got a few others I want to buy first. (GAH, not enough money!) Does it actually get "darker" later on?

quote:

Oh, I'm sorry! (And I refuse to tell you!) I really enjoyed Artemis Fowl though (overall). I mean, the action of the books and Artemis himself, gosh I love him! (We should start a thread I think). I love all the characters. I enjoyed reading the books and highly recommend them.

quote:

Later,
Pen1300

I think I will check it out. It's one of the few CLAMP works I have yet to get(actually the only one that I don't have at least one volume of). Yes Utako is introuduced many times in CSD. She and Nagisa are snuck into various scene in the CSD manga so I am familar with her to some extend.

Yes X/1999 get incredible dark after the first volume. I think you see that when Kamui recieves his 'dream' from Hinoto. The 3-5 volumes have a great deal of angst from Kamui about several losses that he suffered and the one he was told he will suffer. You learn a lot more about Sorata and Arashi. During these volumes you only see a little action from Kanoe and the harbringers. A small portion in the middle of the various volumes are given to them and at one time she
interupts Hinoto's dream session with Kamui.
Now that I think about I guess it'll stay on my urgent list. Smile

Angelic Layer is undiniably cute. I have seen the first four episodes of the series and have the whole manga set.
I enjoyed the crossover from Chobits also. Although it saddens me knowing that Kaede and Icchan will die in between the two universes. If you look closely at vol. 7 of Chobit pg.16 the A.L crew make a small camio. The angels from A.L also make a camio on pg. 103.
IamRogerSmith 04-22-2004 05:13 PM
Yay for claaaamp! Chiii!!! ^_^ (my aim icon)
Yomiko 04-22-2004 06:38 PM
quote:
quote:

quote:

quote:

Later,
Pen1300

I guess Man of Many Faces will be next after Knights, or maybe before, how books are their of Faces?

Thank You for not telling me! Mmm a thread Cool

I love Angelic Layer! Haven't seen the anime just read the manga. Its cool how Misaki (bad spelling) never gives up or lets anything get here down and she so young, 12 or 13? The Angels are very cute, wish something like that was real AND in the US. But it would most likly be alot of money, like a 100 for the angel its self and way extra for special clothes.

angelcakes I forgot to ask eariler but in your very cute sig who are the two guys in the middle with the black clothes and hir hold the CLOW book and Sakuras staff?

pen1300 I made a Artemis Fowl thread.
pen1300 04-23-2004 02:31 PM
Oh, didn't I mention how many volumes Man of Many Faces is? Its only TWO volumes and so much goes on! Did you also notice that every time Utako shows up in CSD, Akira is sleeping or missing? I love how that always happened. (Or maybe that was in Man of Many Faces?) None the less, you will not be disappointed!

Thanks for the description of Angelic Layer (Thanks also to Yomiko) and x/1999 info. I'm definately going to finish out...whenever I have the money and I finish Mars. I'll also try to pick up Angelic Layer!

Later,
Pen1300