Mystic Meaning of Your Avatar

JinguJ 10-26-2003 01:21 PM
Mine is two melody notes. Smile
Pygmalion 10-26-2003 01:42 PM
My husband decided I should not be avatar-less, so he put Dorothy's head on the body of the Metropolis robot. Has that Galatea look Cool .

Pygmalion
Blue Crow 10-26-2003 02:00 PM
Spike is a badass and I love Cowboy Bebop.
dawnstrider 10-26-2003 02:48 PM
Hm...the mystic meaning of my avatar....?

This world isn't real....
These sights, these images....they're all delusions! Delusions that restrain you, that blind your eyes to the Truth - that you don't need "bodies" and "sensations" in order to exist. Are you so weak of mind that you need to sustain a delusion, merely to verify your own existence here? And for what reason? To continually live out your lives in this false world, selfishly persuing plesures of the flesh without evolving?

I have no need for this illusion, for I am aware of myself, my true self, that has nothing to do with this vile, feeble, slowly-decaying biochemical "sack", you call a body. Behold my finger! This thing you call "pain" is but also an illusion; my blood flows, yes, but my existence is too great to be even vaugely aware of this minor trifle. This blood I smear is not the source from which my lifeforce flows; my life connects with Information of a higher plane, that of the one Truth - and it's Knowledge cuts any and all veils of illusion and ignorance.

If you remember nothing else, remember this - you no longer need a body....

Well, that's the mystic meaning of my avatar...um, sorry, doesn't make a lot of sense, does it Embarrassed Sweatdrop Tongue . Well, the actual reason is because I really like Serial Experiments Lain; it's the first anime that I watched, and will always be my favorite. All things considered, it probably "spoiled" me for other shows. I think I'll stay with this avatar indefinitely, but if I ever changed, it will definitely be another Lain avy Smile .:
Zola 10-26-2003 04:04 PM
Mine is from a really romantic picture that I found on the web:

http://www.keddy.ne.jp/~hyper_f/BIG-O/color27.html

This picture just "spoke" to me, it's so perfect. I'll try to explain (bear with me, I may fall flat on my face. Wink

Something not only about the pose but the way that he's looking up at her...I think it has to do with his persona as "Paradigm City's top negotiator". He tries always to be in control, ever the perfect gentleman. My favorite episodes are when that facade cracks and you get a glimpse of the man he really is.

In the picture, it's as if he's put aside his armor (he's not wearing his jacket or tie) and he's just relaxing into Dorothy's protective embrace. He's looking up at her with total trust and letting her see who he is.

To me, that is incredibly romantic and I am always going to love this picture.

My only regret is that I can't translate the Japanese well enough so I could have made sure the author's name was on the avatar. If there is someone who can, please PM to me and I will update it right away Smile
Lady Tesser 10-26-2003 04:19 PM
You don't want it translated, Zola. If you're really curious, ask ShadyDarkLady. She got part of it translated.

And I love that picture, too. I have it as my wallpaper on my desktop. There's just something there that defies the facts and figures of that reality and balances it all out ... Well, you understand. ^_^

You can see why I married them off.
Zola 10-26-2003 05:02 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Tesser
You don't want it translated, Zola. If you're really curious, ask ShadyDarkLady. She got part of it translated.

And I love that picture, too. I have it as my wallpaper on my desktop. There's just something there that defies the facts and figures of that reality and balances it all out ... Well, you understand. ^_^

You can see why I married them off.

I got part of it translated with babelfish, but it's garbled enough that I can't get the gist of it. Frown
Mr. ? 10-26-2003 05:12 PM
Velg is my favorite character in Blue Sub 6. He Rocks!
Mega Dominus 10-26-2003 05:16 PM
<----- Look into the eyes, the pretty eyes...of impending ASS-kicking!!! Cool
el_w00t 10-26-2003 08:23 PM
Mystic meaning of my....what? You're digging too far into this, man. There's nothing mystical about my avater.
Schwarzwald 10-26-2003 08:26 PM
quote:
Originally posted by el_w00t
Mystic meaning of my....what? You're digging too far into this, man. There's nothing mystical about my avater.

It was made by the master and ruler of existance and truth schwarzwald....

maker of the skies of arcadia sigs... and leader of the morrowind based rpg fourm...

*lifts up left and hand*

Power... and passion... go hand and hand for victory!!
Tickle Tickle 10-26-2003 08:40 PM
I couldn't find a good Eugene avatar so, I don't have one... Frown
Manji 10-26-2003 08:54 PM
Not everything in life has a meaning (I don't know what this new avatar really means, so I'm just gonna make up something to cover for my stupidity Big Grin )

All I know is that I made it, and its from Initial D
Mike 10-26-2003 08:55 PM
Does that have anything to do with Initial D? I think it doooes.
And I miss your Kitsurubami avatar. Crying Kitsu=hotness.
Manji 10-26-2003 09:01 PM
quote:
Originally posted by GAT-X105
Does that have anything to do with Initial D? I think it doooes.
And I miss your Kitsurubami avatar. Crying Kitsu=hotness.

Yeah, its Initial D, and the whole Kits avatar was nice, I hated to change it, but I'll change it back soon, because the Kits avatar was just so clear, and buetiful Big Grin
Falcon 7 10-27-2003 06:38 PM
I'm an animation fan and an artist. I went through this really big Alex Toth phase about 6 years ago. Absolutely fell in love with his old Hanna Barbara work and started watching anything that he had a hand in.

During this time I saw some episodes of the original Birdman series. Birdman's chief in the show was, big surprise, Falcon 7. So when I finally needed a new e-mail address I chose Falcon 7 and I've stuck with it for the last few years.

The Avatar I'm using is actually from "Harvey Birdman" where the character is named Phil Ken Seben. Big Grin

and now you know.... the rest... of the story.
Mike 10-27-2003 07:19 PM
CHECK IT OUT!!!!!
I'm Boba Fett now. 'Cause Boba Fett > j00.
InsInIfIcant 10-27-2003 09:35 PM
Mine is from the AEnima CD cover art by TOOL. I got it off a website, it is suppose to roll back but I dont know why it doesnt work anymore. I think it looks cool, I love TOOL, and Im into the whole eye thing.
Kittie heavenly6 10-27-2003 11:38 PM
quote:
Originally posted by InsInIfIcant
Mine is from the AEnima CD cover art by TOOL. I got it off a website, it is suppose to roll back but I dont know why it doesnt work anymore. I think it looks cool, I love TOOL, and Im into the whole eye thing.

I was wondering if that was the Tool Album logo or not. My copy was stolen awhile back so I couldnt go look for reference

Edit:

I changed my Avatar again, this time it's Sailor Venus and a whacky background i threw together.
Sharpshooter005 10-28-2003 01:04 AM
My avatar is the answer to a question we ALL asked when we first watched Big O. Namely "I wonder what it'd be like if Dorothy was psychotic, and carried around a handgun".