Vathios's Animated / Regular Avatars - (Take a few) 56k?

dawnstrider 11-13-2003 04:06 PM
That's cool Smile . I was thinking of an animated one depicting the scene towards the end when she stares up at the sky right when her "father" calls to her. That, or the scene at the end of the opening credits in which she is staring at the veiwers and the green background is moving around her. I'm probably leaning more towards the latter. Thanks a lot in advance Smile .
Vathios 11-16-2003 03:25 PM
ok well I'm gonna make alot more, I've already got about 30 animated and countless stills. For now I'll just put this one up since I can't stay online long and I have to buy an airline ticket.
dawnstrider 11-16-2003 08:22 PM
Great! Smile ) That is wonderful. Thank you very, very much - you have great talent Big Grin . I'll still look at some of these others that you might put up, but I like this one.
Blue Crow 11-16-2003 09:47 PM
I never bothered to read this thread,but I'm glad I did. Pleased

Vathios,I love your work. Pleased It's awesome. Big Grin

You mentioned some Cowboy Bebop avatars?

It would be indescribably cool if you would make one of Vincent's face that goes to the shot of the gun's shell flying out,and then Spike's back with the blood flying out of it from when they were on the monrail (in the movie). Pleased Pleased Pleased

Or something to that effect. Pleased Keep up the good work. Pleased
Vathios 11-17-2003 02:06 AM
Animated Trigun Icons

Still Trigun Icons

Almasy 11-17-2003 08:38 AM
Wow, some of those Animated Trigun Icons are really nice!

Great job, Vathios!
Mike 11-17-2003 12:09 PM
Those Trigun avatars are awesome! Great work!
I took one, hope you don't mind.
Blue Crow 11-17-2003 07:03 PM
Fantastic work! Pleased

I shall indeed take one of those. Pleased Awesome job,my friend. Wink
Darkside 11-17-2003 07:15 PM
Those are extremely nice, good work Pleased
If you're still doing requests can I get one of The Matrix information that always show.
Like when you look at the screens the operators sit at, that flow of information.

You wouldn't mind if I borrowed some would ya? Big Grin
Vathios 11-17-2003 08:52 PM
Thanks guys! Smile ) Actually I have some more Trigun and maybe more Lain ones I want to make then I'll make some Cowboy Bebop and Matrix ones too. I'm going to be flying home next weekend for a month so I'll try my hardest to get them done.

Schwarzwald 11-17-2003 09:04 PM
wow those animated ones are great!!!

but uhh *cough cough*

mind if i... if anyone asks... to... smooth out the still ones? they are kind of... a bit... grainy...
Vathios 11-17-2003 10:15 PM
Yeah I don't like the grainy look either, maybe if I would of saved them as gifs instead of jpeg they would of looked better. They should of been clear since they came from the dvd. Oh well I tried my best.

I think the animated ones are better cause I recorded the video and took the frames from that, the stills I got another way.
Manji 11-17-2003 10:24 PM
I save all of my pictures as JPGs and they come out alot better than GIFs, but I have a question for you, you said you got these from the DVD? What program did you use to take those screen shots? My Trigun DVD's (The same gos for all my other, like FLCL, Hellsing, Outlaw Star, ect.) wont let me take the screen shots due to that encoding thing, I have yet to find a program that can take them, though many have tried, and have been thrown into my recycling bin..
Mega Dominus 11-17-2003 10:36 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Manji
I save all of my pictures as JPGs and they come out alot better than GIFs, but I have a question for you, you said you got these from the DVD? What program did you use to take those screen shots? My Trigun DVD's (The same gos for all my other, like FLCL, Hellsing, Outlaw Star, ect.) wont let me take the screen shots due to that encoding thing, I have yet to find a program that can take them, though many have tried, and have been thrown into my recycling bin..

What DVD viewer do you use? Mine's WinDVD and it has a built-in snapshot/screencap. It's not the best, but it takes good pics in .BMP and .JPG formats.
Manji 11-17-2003 10:43 PM
Ive tried in RealOne, Windows, and another prgram that I deleted a while back
Vathios 11-17-2003 11:01 PM
Actually I have a tv tuner card that has S-video and audio hookups for the DVD player. It came with software for recording either in .avi or .mpeg or capturing photos in JPG format. I also use it for recording or getting snapshots from video games or regular cable.

The hardest part was getting a cable to convert L/R audio into a single mini plug, but luckily one came with my camcorder that I use.

The other way to capture if you don't have a tv tuner card is to use a program to rip the dvd video/audio. I used DVDX 2.0, its free. Then use an animation software (Jasc Animation Software) to rip the consecutive frames from the video and make an animated gif.

Now that I think about it my pictures may be grainy cause I have the jpg setting to capture at 75% quality.
Manji 11-17-2003 11:05 PM
Hmmm, thats too bad for me Frown

Oh well, you said you had your quality at 75%? I save mine at 12, or the maximum Photoshop will allow me to save on