Sorry...

Krang 10-12-2003 09:30 PM
Sorry, I tried transferring the forums to a new server, but it looks like it couldn't handle the load, so we're back to the old one. Unfortunately, all posts made at the new server are lost for now. This server might go down again like usual, but at least it won't have the problems that the new one had...
Bentar 10-12-2003 09:31 PM
No problem. A noble attempt - thanks for trying Pleased
Zopwx2 10-12-2003 09:31 PM
Its alright. I doubt we lost anything too important.
The Big Ian 10-12-2003 09:31 PM
I don't suppose it would be possibly to transfer the newer posts and such back over here would it? :/
Krang 10-12-2003 09:32 PM
quote:
Originally posted by The Big Ian
I don't suppose it would be possibly to transfer the newer posts and such back over here would it? :/

It's possible, but it will take a long time...
Sixfortyfive 10-12-2003 09:32 PM
Argh... All this backtracking in time can't be healthy. x_x;
Krang 10-12-2003 09:34 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Sixfortyfive
Argh... All this backtracking in time can't be healthy. x_x;

Again, sorry about that, but this will be the last time.
dawnstrider 10-12-2003 09:35 PM
Thank you so much for trying. I'm a little disappointed for you guys, but like zopwx2 said, I don't think we lost anything really important Smile .
Bentar 10-12-2003 09:37 PM
Hey Krang - I volunteer to help you, just in case you want to try bringing the messages over - even if it means tons of manual cut and paste Smile Anything I can do to help Pleased

[EDIT] Idea - how about just leaving the test server up a day or so, and anybody who wants to can just cut 'n paste their post back to the old server?
Volt 10-12-2003 09:37 PM
All I lost was the post I made in The Union RPG... it'll take 10-15 minutes to type it up to get it the way it was, but really it's no big deal. It's not like the board completely went kapoot, right? Smile
Krang 10-12-2003 09:39 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Bentar
Hey Krang - I volunteer to help you, just in case you want to try bringing the messages over - even if it means tons of manual cut and paste Smile Anything I can do to help Pleased

Thanks, I'll see what I can do once all the sessions over there expire.

quote:
Originally posted by Volt
All I lost was the post I made in The Union RPG... it'll take 10-15 minutes to type it up to get it the way it was, but really it's no big deal. It's not like the board completely went kapoot, right? Smile

Post a blank message in that thread, and I'll edit it and manually restore your post.
R Trusedale 10-12-2003 09:43 PM
Maybe this is what happened to Paradigm? Wink
I think I have my longest post in a file, but all the short ones are gone?
Donatello007 10-12-2003 09:44 PM
Are you going to tranfer the post from there to here or not?
Zopwx2 10-12-2003 09:46 PM
quote:
Originally posted by R Trusedale
Maybe this is what happened to Paradigm? Wink
I think I have my longest post in a file, but all the short ones are gone?

Haha!

10 minutes ago, everyone on this forum lost their posts...

o yea, and all our total post counts went down.
Krang 10-12-2003 09:50 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Donatello007

Give me some time, I'm still trying to figure out what's wrong with the other server. It's not easy to transfer posts when I have to re-number them all. If I am able to restore them, I'll either have to shut down the forums for a few hours, or restore them a few at a time.
evanASF27 10-12-2003 09:50 PM
my brain hurts...
wtf?! O.o;;;
We're back here!?!? damn...argh...my friggin head x_X;;; I have a headache that killin me...and right before Big O too Crying
Donatello007 10-12-2003 09:57 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Krang
quote:
Originally posted by Donatello007

Give me some time, I'm still trying to figure out what's wrong with the other server. It's not easy to transfer posts when I have to re-number them all. If I am able to restore them, I'll either have to shut down the forums for a few hours, or restore them a few at a time.

OK sounds good to me. I hope that we will be able to get them back because i made like 10 posts and one of the threads that i posted most of them in was deleted because it was started on the other server. It was imposrtant because i was making avatars and banners for someone.
re-animate 10-12-2003 10:12 PM
eh, the other one was full of mindless giberish

good while it lasted

thanks again krang
BigO-SHOWTIME 10-12-2003 11:02 PM
How about creating a new blank server for "heavy sundays", but keeping this server as archive until you can transfer the rest?
Patsai 10-12-2003 11:11 PM
Thanx for trying, Krang. But it probably was never good to try it in the first place, especially when it was on the night of another Big O episode.

Hope you have better luck next time if you try again...