Sorry...

The Big Ian 10-12-2003 11:44 PM
Not to poke fun, but I now realise that this server mess has some parallels to the actual Paradigm City, where missing posts = missing memories.

Just something my *YAWN* tired mind came up with.
Krang 10-12-2003 11:47 PM
quote:
Originally posted by BigO-SHOWTIME
How about creating a new blank server for "heavy sundays", but keeping this server as archive until you can transfer the rest?

Good idea, but the new server didn't work out, so I would need to find a new host first.

quote:
Originally posted by RogerSmith
Thanx for trying, Krang. But it probably was never good to try it in the first place, especially when it was on the night of another Big O episode.

Hope you have better luck next time if you try again...

I wasn't trying it out for fun or anything, I was trying it out so that the server wouldn't go down like it does every week, so I don't need anyone telling me that it wasn't a good idea... Roll Eyes And the server did go down again this week, but luckily, it wasn't for as long as usual.

quote:
Originally posted by Bentar
[EDIT] Idea - how about just leaving the test server up a day or so, and anybody who wants to can just cut 'n paste their post back to the old server?

Actually, that's a good idea. I'll probably do that, but leave it read-only so nobody can make new posts there.
Patsai 10-13-2003 12:34 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Krang
quote:
Originally posted by RogerSmith
Thanx for trying, Krang. But it probably was never good to try it in the first place, especially when it was on the night of another Big O episode.

Hope you have better luck next time if you try again...

I wasn't trying it out for fun or anything, I was trying it out so that the server wouldn't go down like it does every week, so I don't need anyone telling me that it wasn't a good idea... Roll Eyes And the server did go down again this week, but luckily, it wasn't for as long as usual.

Sorry, Krang. Frown Forgive me. I often post my ideas before thinking throughly how I should say it.

I was supposed to say: It probably was a good idea to try it, anyway, but not at the day of a Big O episode.