Big O Model

R.Smith 10-07-2003 03:58 PM
I just bought the Big O model kit from Ban Dai, on eBay! Once i get it, i plan to take pictures of what it looks like, and some shots of it being put together! yay! any comments on this are welcomed!

-thanks goes to Anime 4 Less, thank your for having this item for sale-

i belive this is what it should look like completed, i also have a picture of the model together, with no paint, for any of you who wish to see said picture, i'll post it later onBig Grin
Name Of God 10-07-2003 04:01 PM
I hate you now.
But I'll be friends with you again if you ship it to my house.

...please? Frown

(Anxiously awaiting pics.) Big Grin
The Big Ian 10-07-2003 04:09 PM
Bah, I bought the model back when i was less experienced only to find that it needs lots of painting and some parts require glue. Mad
R.Smith 10-07-2003 04:12 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Name Of God
I hate you now.
But I'll be friends with you again if you ship it to my house.

...please? Frown

(Anxiously awaiting pics.) Big Grin

lol, if i could, i'd buy each of the members here a big o model kit, or if they're not so good at models, an action figure then, but since, i do not have that kind of money yet i hope these pictures will doBig Grin

here's the model with no paint, note, the little roger figure is solid black, and needs paint as well. i hope i am capable of doing this, i've built many Gundam models, but i've never really had to paint them....i hope i don't screw upEmbarrassed Sweatdrop

quote:
Originally posted by The Big Ian
Bah, I bought the model back when i was less experienced only to find that it needs lots of painting and some parts require glue. Mad

a little glue? ok, i've had to do worse then that, once, as i was building my wing zero model, a small part for the leg snapped, and i had to re-make that part from extra bits of plastic, now it wasn't perfect, but it works ok! the hardest thing seems to be the painting issue, as i have never painted a model before, and once when i used a fine, fine pointed sharpie on my deathscythe, and altron gundams face plates, the result was less then pleasing. But you know what they said, pratice makes perfect, or so you hope.....if all else fails, i'll most likely wind-up buying a new model and trying again, but i hope it doesn't come to that!
perfectturmoil 10-07-2003 04:13 PM
big o looks kinda cool in silver trim! ;-]
The Big Ian 10-07-2003 04:14 PM
Wait, that's what it looks like assembled straight from the box?
That means: THEY MADE A SECOND VERSION AND I DIDN'T KNOW!! Crying

The one I have comes just in two colors: Big O grey and Big O clear orange.
R.Smith 10-07-2003 04:23 PM
quote:
Wait, that's what it looks like assembled straight from the box?
That means: THEY MADE A SECOND VERSION AND I DIDN'T KNOW!! Crying

I'm not entirely sure if this is exactly what it looks like assmbeld straight from the box, but, i will take a picture of all the pieces, and post it so that you can determine it for yourself, as for when i should get the pics up, that could be anytime from a few days from now, to a week or two, this is all depending on two main factors, 1. when i get the package, and 2. pictures might be up faster, if i get that digital camera i've been wanting to getBig Grin

i know, some of you are saying, "how is he getting all this money for a model AND a digital camera??", and what my answer is to that is, i recently got a job that pays $100.00 a week, so i'm now able to buy such items!
Name Of God 10-07-2003 04:24 PM
quote:

They made two different models, you may have just gotten the other kit.
R.Smith 10-07-2003 04:28 PM
quote:
quote:

They made two different models, you may have just gotten the other kit.

hmmm, makes me wonder which one i got Confused

hm............i'm guessing that having white either helps with painting, or doesn't...hmmm

any chance you've got pictures of the different models, Name Of God, or know of a site that has them?

hmm, that reminds me, this question has been nagging me, why in the world did they use clear orange???? isn't it suppose to be red?
Name Of God 10-07-2003 04:37 PM
On the official website they have a section were they show all of the model kits.

Goto here, and then go towards the bottom, to the section labled " TOYS?? "

The boxes for all three model kits are there.

quote:

Yeah, but I bet it was easier to build than Big Fau:

(Read the small Print Big Grin )
R.Smith 10-07-2003 04:42 PM
quote:
On the official website they have a section were they show all of the model kits.

Goto here, and then go towards the bottom, to the section labled " TOYS?? "

The boxes for all three model kits are there.

hmmm, from what i can see, i think The Big Ian got the first of the three models, i presume i've got the second, and the third, maybe someone may get that someday!

also what makes me belive i've got the second, is this picture of the box, also on the page with the item...of course it's not the signed box..heh, i'm sure i would have had to pay more if it was signedBig Grin

btw, great pic Name Of God!
neverwhere 10-07-2003 05:41 PM
Ooh, ooh, ooh! *points* That's the exact one I have!!! Be sure to tell me how it works out for you.

I haven't assembled mine yet, 'cause I'm lazy and too scared I'll screw it up. Not to mention I can't read the Japanese instructions. Hmmm... Oh, well. Good luck on that!

*grumbles* Stupid tiny little Roger Smith, with all those friggin' details to paint...
Megadeus 10-07-2003 06:41 PM

The Big O - Special "Titainium Edition".

Oooooo Ahhhhhhhh
R.Smith 10-09-2003 11:43 PM
just thought i'd say that i might, might get it by friday Big Grin , if not, i should then get it monday Crying
trekkieb47 10-10-2003 01:50 PM
I have two of those Bandai model kits. I'm going to convert one into Big Duo or Big Fau.

Berry
NVWC2006 10-10-2003 02:40 PM
Hmm, I never saw that first model b4... And I'm pretty sure the third one is more detailed than the 2nd, with cool things like moveable fingers and springs inside the arms for piston-action, if I remember the description i read somewhere correctly.

If ur having trouble painting it, you can always toss the pieces onto a sheet of newspaper and whip out some spray paint for a nice even coat. Of course, that wouldn't work 4 roger, but i'd want big o done more than roger.

How much gluing is needed? I want to get one of the models sometime (seems like 3 would be the best, has all the kewl features, but 2 would probably be cheaper), and if i get it i need to be able to put it together and hold it... so i can set it up to chromebuster-ize anyone that walks through my door :-D

Anime Collector This guy Crazy Probe has some pics of what appears to be model 2. Plus, don't remember where, but somewhere on the site there's stuff on the Big Duo model as well.

http://www.geocities.co.jp/Playtown-Denei/6558/o02.html Pics of what appears to be the third model (check out the hands and fingers!) But at the official big o site, the armor plates on the arms looked like they were screwed on more than here (looks like one big piece)

http://www.gundamstoreandmore.com/ban75684.html this place has a nice description.

http://www.animecastle.com/ACMOD-BO01.html American Model..

http://www.splashpagecomics.com/toys/bigo.htm Big O, AND Big Duo, Showtime! Or, just stand there and let us takes pics of u..
Name Of God 10-10-2003 05:19 PM
quote:
Originally posted by NVWC2006
Anime Collector This guy Crazy Probe has some pics of what appears to be model 2. Plus, don't remember where, but somewhere on the site there's stuff on the Big Duo model as well.

That isn't the model, thats the actual action figure. You don't need any glue for that one. Big Grin

And the Big Duo figure on his site is here.
Darkside 10-10-2003 05:32 PM
I have apperently the third model kit of Big O but his arms snapped off Frown but if this ones only 1/144 then I can't wait till the 1/1oo scale comes out Shocked then i will get Big Duo and Big Fau and put them in little cataclysm poses from 40 years ago
R.Smith 10-10-2003 09:25 PM
quote:
Originally posted by NVWC2006
Hmm, I never saw that first model b4... And I'm pretty sure the third one is more detailed than the 2nd, with cool things like moveable fingers and springs inside the arms for piston-action, if I remember the description i read somewhere correctly.

If ur having trouble painting it, you can always toss the pieces onto a sheet of newspaper and whip out some spray paint for a nice even coat. Of course, that wouldn't work 4 roger, but i'd want big o done more than roger.

How much gluing is needed? I want to get one of the models sometime (seems like 3 would be the best, has all the kewl features, but 2 would probably be cheaper), and if i get it i need to be able to put it together and hold it... so i can set it up to chromebuster-ize anyone that walks through my door :-D

http://www.geocities.co.jp/Playtown-Denei/6558/o02.html Pics of what appears to be the third model (check out the hands and fingers!) But at the official big o site, the armor plates on the arms looked like they were screwed on more than here (looks like one big piece)

http://www.gundamstoreandmore.com/ban75684.html this place has a nice description.

http://www.animecastle.com/ACMOD-BO01.html American Model..

http://www.splashpagecomics.com/toys/bigo.htm Big O, AND Big Duo, Showtime! Or, just stand there and let us takes pics of u..

aw....damn it...i don't want a 1/144 scale model....bah!!! Mad

oh, well..................too late now.....hmm, the resin models look sweet, and i could buy them too...if i could find them, oh well....bahness.......well, i hope that eventhough it's 1/144 its big,.....sigh....i hope it isn't smaller then my gundams...that would be funny...heh....sigh
Name Of God 10-10-2003 09:30 PM
quote:
Originally posted by R.Smith
aw....damn it...i don't want a 1/144 scale model....bah!!! Mad

I don't know much about models, but does 1/144th scale mean that if you buy one hundred and forty four of them, you could combine their peices to recreate the actual Big O?

I'm guessing not, but you never know. Tongue

Also, it looks like I may be getting the action figure of the Big Duo in a couple days. I'm not sure about it, but if I do I'll have something to entertain me before the next episode of Big O. Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by Darkside
i will get Big Duo and Big Fau and put them in little cataclysm poses from 40 years ago

Haha. Smile