Big O Model

Name Of God 10-15-2003 06:32 PM
Wow... thats alot for just a model. I does look pretty nifty, though. Smile

I'd have to say that if I wouldn't buy it myself. If you want to, however, then be my guest. Big Grin

Now that 1/8th size Dorothy and Pero, I'd buy that.Anime Smile
R.Smith 10-18-2003 06:27 PM
well, good news thanks to GAT-X105 help, i knew what type of paint to buy, and i've got oh...nine paints, and three different greys Tongue so, i'll take pictures of the pieces, and then i'll put it together, so, in about a week or so, i'll post the pics up, and i'll also post a pic of the compeleted model Big Grin
R.Smith 10-21-2003 09:45 PM
=just a small update=

i'm taking the pics tonight, and also, i've realized how small some of the pieces are

example, see the "bolts" that go on the glass chromebuster thingy?

well, there small enough to fit inside the letter "o" on your keyboard, heck, they might have some space left between it and the letter

also, the face of big o is small as well, example, it's just about the height of one of the number keys, or any of the small square keys, but it's width is smaller

also, thanks very much to GAT-X105, for telling me what brand of paint to get, and to Sixfortyfive, for translating the paint colors from japanese to english (of course i had the idea to ask him AFTER i bought what i thought were the colors, but i think i can still make do)
Mike 10-21-2003 09:47 PM
Wow, that's really small. But it looks like the joints are poly-cap pieces, so they won't wear out easily.
Name Of God 10-21-2003 09:56 PM
quote:
Originally posted by R.Smith
see the "bolts" that go on the glass chromebuster thingy?

well, there small enough to fit inside the letter "o" on your keyboard, heck, they might have some space left between it and the letter

I know what you mean. Ever try to set the landing gear in airplane that is about 2 inches long? It's just like what you described. Frown

Anyways, I'm glad you're enjoying the model. Tell me your thoughts on it once it is finished.
trekkieb47 10-22-2003 09:33 AM
quote:
=just a small update=

also, thanks very much to GAT-X105, for telling me what brand of paint to get, and to Sixfortyfive, for translating the paint colors from japanese to english (of course i had the idea to ask him AFTER i bought what i thought were the colors, but i think i can still make do)

For all the rest of us who also have the model kit, like myself, what brand of paint is it?

Berry
R.Smith 10-22-2003 12:38 PM
quote:
Originally posted by trekkieb47
quote:
=just a small update=

For all the rest of us who also have the model kit, like myself, what brand of paint is it?

Berry

Tamiya Acrylic Paint, you can get at http://www.gundamshop.com but, i got mine at the "local" hobby shop Big Grin
R.Smith 10-29-2003 09:23 PM
=yet another small update=

well, i'm almost done painting, i've taken some more pictures of the pieces painted, and i'll be putting it together sometime soonBig Grin

Also, I was thinking, the American Fans got the continuation of Big O, so, why not try to see if we can get BanDai to make some Big Duo, Big Fau, and more Big O model kits, or action figures? I'll look into BanDai's email address for suggestions or something like that, and maybe we all can send something??
Name Of God 10-29-2003 09:39 PM
That would be excellent! I'd love a Big Duo, or Big Duo Inferno.

I wonder if it would come with a little fadora. Evil
Mike 10-29-2003 09:42 PM
Man, it would be sweet if they made Duo and Inferno with Transforming Action, and Big Fau with an opening chest to show his big guns, and his
spoiler (highlight to read):
hand missiles of DOOM!

One of these days...probably around Thanksgiving...I'm gonna get one of those Big O bad boys.
R.Smith 10-29-2003 11:12 PM
here's a good question, should i look for bandai of america's email address, or bandai of japan's?
Sharpshooter005 10-29-2003 11:46 PM
Somehow I'd rather buy THIS model...

Dorothy, now with 20% more WHIRRING

Big Grin
THE FLYING ANTHONY! 10-30-2003 02:31 AM
Wait...are there ACTION FIGURES somewhere, or just models?
StevieV019 10-30-2003 07:41 AM
There are action figures, but they came out and were released about 18 months ago...they have little "sets"...i.e. Big O comes with Roger and Dorothy, Big Duo comes with Roger and Angel...I havent seen a Big Fau figure yet, but Im sure they'll re-release everything with Big Fau included at the conclusion of the series...
Advinius 10-30-2003 03:13 PM
so the one model is about 68$ and the big one is 98$... or am i off on this? also, there is a theird one that is only like 15$(???) if my yen-to- dollar is on target. what is it, 2 inches tall? or jsut crappy....

was hoping to find a good basic kit for 30-45$...
neverwhere 10-30-2003 04:11 PM
The model with the season one cover art is the one I bought at the SD Comic-Con for $30, and the action figures are the ones that sell for about $15-$20.

And about that garage kit... I posted that in the funny pics section and I can't believe the response it got. Personally, I never knew Dorothy could look *that* sexy, lol. Though isn't the garter supposed to go *over* the panties, or am I just totally not in the know? Big Grin
Sharpshooter005 10-30-2003 04:23 PM
quote:
Though isn't the garter supposed to go *over* the panties, or am I just totally not in the know?

Somehow with that, Im not inclined to care much about inaccuracies. Drooling
neverwhere 10-30-2003 04:59 PM
Nope, I didn't think you (or the rest of the guys) would be. Tongue

*sigh* Now where's the Roger-in-boxers garage kit, huh?! But no garters on him, thanks.
Advinius 10-30-2003 05:01 PM
um, the panties generally go over the garter, from what i hear. it makes trips to the ladies room much easier.
Zola 10-30-2003 05:10 PM
quote:
Originally posted by neverwhere
Nope, I didn't think you (or the rest of the guys) would be. Tongue

*sigh* Now where's the Roger-in-boxers garage kit, huh?! But no garters on him, thanks.

I have a pic! How much am I offered to post it?