Big O Model

Zopwx2 10-10-2003 11:55 PM
That last link has an extremely well detailed model. I would get it if it wasn't 98$.

http://www.splashpagecomics.com/resin/bo.htm
Name Of God 10-11-2003 12:06 AM
The mini Dorothy on that site comes with a mini Pero! Cute. Big Grin

To bad they're sold out.
NVWC2006 10-11-2003 01:57 PM
if someone gets the kit, or has it, and hasn't put it together yet, can we see pics of the pieces? i was thinking about that spray paint idea of mine, and realised the ends of the arms are red, not black-blue, u'd only be able to spray that if it were a seperate piece or if u covered the rest with tape..
evanASF27 10-11-2003 02:17 PM
Hey I just noticed...the hands on that model are TOTALLY out of proportion to the real thing Tongue
Also...where are the hip anchors!!! And
spoiler (highlight to read):
where's the FINAL STAGE attack unit?!?! Wink Big Grin

YOU HAVE TO HAVE THE HIP ANCHORS!!

...and those arms look like they've been squashed >_< ...
*continues being picky Tongue *

If I ever get a kit...I'm painting it brown Big Grin ^_~
The Big Ian 10-11-2003 09:02 PM
*was on vacation for some time*

Actually, the 2nd model is the one I got. It has that funky Season 1 opening background.

3rd is actually a resin model, it appears.

I'm not sure what the first is...

ETA: And according to the listed price in Yen, that first one is higher overall quality than the 2nd.

Yes, sadly, I now remember that on the box it says 1/144th (somewhere, anyway Tongue ). And as I said, no real color detail. Does have springs for the pistons. Have to glue on the head "bolts".
Mike 10-11-2003 09:08 PM
Well, if it's 1/144 scale, it should be in between the size of a 1/144 and 1/100 Gundam model, since Big O is a good 40-45 feet bigger than a Gundam.

I'd say, mail it to me and I'll airbrush it for ya. Wink

And for the faces, a Micron pen is better to use than a Sharpie. I used to use Sharpies, but they tend to run pretty badly, and they usually go on too thick.
R.Smith 10-14-2003 05:24 PM
here's another pic of some verison of the model....looks good...i still don't get why they used clear orange, why not clear red Confused

-credit goes to http://www.starshipmodeler.com for the pic-Big Grin , see, i can give credit where it's due, lol...i have no idea what i'm talking about......

oh, and MY model hasn't come yet...giving it one more day.... Frown
Name Of God 10-14-2003 05:29 PM
quote:
Originally posted by R.Smith
here's another pic of some verison of the model....looks good...

It looks like its ready to knock over some salt shakers! Big Grin
R.Smith 10-14-2003 06:27 PM
quote:
Originally posted by R.Smith
here's another pic of some verison of the model....looks good...i still don't get why they used clear orange, why not clear red Confused

i think i might email BanDai about this, i've been thinking about it...and have no answer....although..if i did email them, i'm sure there response would be something like this...""Dear Sir, we have no idea. We might have been out of clear red at the time. Thank You, and please buy more of our products."
Big Duo Ver. 2.0 10-14-2003 06:36 PM
The silver Big O looks kinda cool accept for the fact that Roger's whole body is 100% black and looks kinda freaky.
R.Smith 10-15-2003 12:49 PM
I GOT IT Big Grin Big Grin I GOT IT!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!

*ahem* i'll see if i can scan the parts, so that i can start building it right away, if anything, i might just wind up buying another one, just because i like it soo muchBig Grin

the reason i say scan it, is beacause i don't have a digital camera, and i doubt you guys want to wait for me to get the film developedBig Grin
neverwhere 10-15-2003 02:34 PM
If your scans don't work out, I'll certainly try to get on the job of taking some pics with my digital camera. I would've offered to do it sooner, but college and my search for a new job is eating away at my time. Just let me know.
R.Smith 10-15-2003 02:39 PM
quote:
Originally posted by neverwhere
If your scans don't work out, I'll certainly try to get on the job of taking some pics with my digital camera. I would've offered to do it sooner, but college and my search for a new job is eating away at my time. Just let me know.

thanks, i'll try the scanner soon...also

quote:
Originally posted by neverwhere
Ooh, ooh, ooh! *points* That's the exact one I have!!! Be sure to tell me how it works out for you.

I haven't assembled mine yet, 'cause I'm lazy and too scared I'll screw it up. Not to mention I can't read the Japanese instructions. Hmmm... Oh, well. Good luck on that!

*grumbles* Stupid tiny little Roger Smith, with all those friggin' details to paint...

ya...paint....i REALLY want to build it now! but...i know i need to paint it Crying ....ahh...i hate this,.......also, i think i've figured out what colors ou need, just go to this link http://www.geocities.co.jp/Playtown-Denei/6558/o02.html then, use Babble Fish http://world.altavista.com/ and at the bottom of the page, it mentions the colors...sigh...i was hoping to build it today...guess i'll have to wait Frown
Name Of God 10-15-2003 02:42 PM
So you got it! Great news.

I can't wait to see the scans. Big Grin
Echoe 10-15-2003 02:53 PM
whats this
final stage attack someone mentioned?
Mike 10-15-2003 02:55 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Echoe
whats this

It's the really huge gun that came out of Big O's chest, obliterated a huge chunk of the city and cut Fau in half.

If that's in the model....OMG, I will NEED to get one!
R.Smith 10-15-2003 03:02 PM
quote:
Originally posted by GAT-X105
quote:
Originally posted by Echoe
whats this

It's the really huge gun that came out of Big O's chest, obliterated a huge chunk of the city and cut Fau in half.

If that's in the model....OMG, I will NEED to get one!

no..so far, no
final stage attack
, maybe in a new model? i'm hopping, that due to the increased popularity of big o, more products will be made

here's what i think the clear orange should really be..i just changed the color to red, what do you ppl think?
Echoe 10-15-2003 03:03 PM
lol yeah! we need a fig with the chest missles, O thunder, working pile drivers, the machine cannons used on big duo (twice) that weird attack he did on hydra, and this
Final stage attack. i think i saw it in a Adult Swim trailer, but they looked like they opened on his shoulders.......
R.Smith 10-15-2003 04:58 PM
would i be over doing it, if i said i might buy this model? http://www.splashpagecomics.com/resin/bo.htm

i know it's expensive and i'd have to paint it, and all...but...what you guys think?
R.Smith 10-15-2003 06:13 PM
ok....scanning the pieces doesn't work....but i'll scan the instructionsBig Grin

i have a regular old camera, so, ....i'll take pics with that Frown