Manga Discussion

Wazpy 01-26-2004 08:07 PM
Well it's not like Beck's girlfriend being nude is any less suggestive. It was just more direct Wink
Lady Tesser 01-26-2004 08:18 PM
I thought the most incredible image in that whole story was the end when Roger 'could never forget that face'. Damn, that could give nightmares!

Although the last one - about the little girl - was the best out of the three. Dastun proved to be more human than anyone else when it came to what is Right and what is Wrong.
Tony Waynewrong 01-28-2004 09:59 AM
I just purchased volumes 1 - 5, and I must say I really like them. Beck is a lot more ruthless in Manga than Anime. Also, Dorothy is a lot less involved with Roger's work too.

As for Beck's female sidekick, she is as dense as Dove and T-Bone. Attractive, but dense. Smile
L_Master562 02-06-2004 10:59 PM
Beck's female sidekick,

spoiler (highlight to read):
She also filled in for him in his Super Beck seat while he was busy. That one head of the Gigadeus reminded me of the Leviathan and the surrounding Archetypes(So many gods of death it seems could with that gigadeus compose a small but world destroying army. I have to say that the Gigadeus size is tremendous, not Behemoth big, but still. Memories appear like nightmares and as the fight progressed Beck lost his grip on reallity(quite small as it was) and Roger seemed to have begun to freak out. Nothing but the chromebuster worked proving it was a durable machine. My favorite part of the whole fight/series of hallucinations had to have been the progression of millitary weapons. If those tanks had become Big Os it would have been more satisfying. I still have yet to see the manga Big Fau. If that too had been put in it would have had a big effect on Roger as well. Still, the sheer impact everything had on Roger was good enough. I wish someone would just post a picture of Big Fau. Would be nice.
Tickle Tickle 02-07-2004 03:13 PM
Color edited picture of Big O and Big Fau
    Jeff 02-07-2004 03:34 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by R. Umino
    Color edited picture of Big O and Big Fau

Is this in the next Volume!?!? Shocked

*screams like a school girl* Ooooh, I can't wait!!!

Volume 5 was great overall. Quite possibly my favorite of them all.(though I can't get ahold of volume 1..)
    spoiler (highlight to read):
    The gigadeus was....massive! One thing I don't understand though...it seemed to be destroyed too easily. I know the chromebuster is incredibly powerful and all, but never has it shattered a megadeus like it had the Gigadeus. Makes you think there could be a relation between the Gigadeus and Behemoth...hollowness! The memories depicting the evolution of warfare were also great. An original Wright brothers plane all the way to an advanced warplane...and finally Big Duo!! Great part. Past Lives was also a great one. Dastun really shined in this one. Was it just me or was the manager of that little girl....unfitting. The way he was drawn totally did not fit in with the Big O Universe, he resembled The Penguin! Not a bad thing though, it made it all the more interesting. it seems a major focus of Volume 5 was memories of "The War of the Bigs".
    Tickle Tickle 02-12-2004 04:36 PM
    Since Volume 6 is coming out in about 3 weeks (right?) here a little treat.

Looks like Alex got Dagon!

Zopwx2 02-14-2004 02:09 AM
    I'm posting this pictures just becuase it is a cool picture:

R and D 02-16-2004 06:17 PM
    dudes i just purchased big o vol.5 cause i finally had the money.
    i luv the first story.
    U TELL'EM NORMAN! Big Grin Anime Smile
    can i get a pic of the parts where he's shootin the gun, dorothy and the guys on the walls looks, and them gettin him sayin that's how used a machine gun? PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE?! Smile ) PRETTY PLEASE?! Smile ) PRETTY PLEASE WITH SUGAR ON TOP?! Smile ) GOD DAMN ME! Mad I DON'T HAVE A SCANNER YET! Crying
    BabyGhia 02-18-2004 01:27 AM
    Bought 1-5. I was surprised how much I like the manga. Dare I say... like it more than the series in some ways. Roger can't pick up the ladies. Norman actually does things out of the house. Big Ear has a sense of humor. Dastun complains about wrecking the buildings. Big O has some different arms. Angel is harder. Beck can't seem to build anything to beat Big O but he keeps trying. But then again... the manga is missing someone of the one liners in the anime.

Can't wait til Vol 6. Seems so far away.

BabyGhia
    Tickle Tickle 02-18-2004 08:35 AM
    quote:
    Originally posted by BabyGhia
    Angel is harder.

O.O
    BabyGhia 02-18-2004 09:06 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by R. Umino
    quote:
    Angel is harder.

O.O

Sorry... that could be taken the wrong way...

I meant that her personality seems to be tougher... she's not as soft as the anime... I'm stopping this.

Rephrase: The Manga Angel is different than the Anime Mange.

BabyGhia
    Jeff 02-19-2004 07:42 PM
    quote:
    Big O has some different arms.

Gotta love all of Big O's attachments from the manga! In volume 2 Big O "swims"! Take that Fau! Could this foreshadow a water battle between Big O and Big Fau? That would kick so much ass!
    Big Neo 02-19-2004 07:44 PM
    I cant find Big-O manga at any of the stores near my house so can yall show me a website to buy them. Any help would be appreciated.
    Jeff 02-19-2004 07:47 PM
    Try http://www.viz.com
    Its the same company that publishes the mangas.

And if all else fails, theres always ebay!
    Big Neo 02-19-2004 07:51 PM
    oh yeah ebay. . . i forgot about them. . .sorry to waste the oxygen here with my stupid question.
    Sephiroth 02-20-2004 04:35 PM
    People the gigadeus is awesome i am a huge fan of it but i had mentioned it in a few posts and people want a picture of it, does anyone have one?
    Tickle Tickle 02-22-2004 01:30 PM
    Does any know the date for Vol. 6?

I keep hearing its either March 3 or March 17.
    Wazpy 02-22-2004 01:40 PM
    I don't know...but whatever the right date is...add two weeks Wink
    As I can recall, I was the first to post about the translated book 5, and that was way after it came out. and I had to hunt it down and go to a special comic store too...
    Jeff 02-25-2004 07:42 PM
    I must say...I really love the cover art of Volume 6!

Mmmmm....angel...pink jumpsuit...mmmm...Drooling
    errr...yea..so it seems she'll have a big role in this volume. Hopefully we'll learn more about her relation to the city than we did in the anime. I'm really looking forward to this one. Big Fau...Angel...could be the best volume yet.