'stryder's Dreamtime (story circle)

dawnstrider 10-07-2003 12:40 PM
Jo. Cosidering some of the less-than-desirable vibes that's been circulating as of late, I'd figure that I'd start this thread for everyone's fun and communion Smile .

Okay, the name of the game is storytelling. The Dreamtime is an Aboriginal concept relating to all of the storytelling myths of creation and their interconnectedness with all things. So, how this works is that in turn order, someone (inthis case, me) will start a creationy-type myth of any way, shape, or form. The myth will be left incomplete, and the next person will continue it. It does not have to be along the same lines as the previous (you can add in a giant robot, or whatever you like Smile ). Multiple story arcs (like when two people post at the same time) are alright, and either can lead to a new story chain. The only limits are those of your imagination, and the only judge is yourself. The only rules are to keep it clean (of course Wink ) and you can't go twice in a row. I'm sure this sounds familiar to most of you. I hope anyone finds some enjoyment out of this. Okay, I'll go first....

In a dark cave on the far side of the world, lived a boy and a lone wolf. They have been partners in hunting and living far longer than even they can remember. One day, a great darkness descended on the world. As the boy and the wolf emerged from their cave, they witnessed a site they could not believe.......
088nd 10-07-2003 12:47 PM
The world was blackened by the evil cloud. It was a cloud that had the legs of an antelope, and the eyes of a donkey.
C.R Foxhound 10-07-2003 02:50 PM
yea and theres this chick with no arms, yet her hair is like so long man , its like 20 feet long, blowing in the wind, and this chick is like staring up at the donkey going

"Dudeth, thy cloud looketh like a donkey man"

And so like the kid and his wolf stare at this chick and the boy goes

"My goodness boy, the world is quite strange today, it must be a symbolic commentary of the state of the present dimension"

and wolf is like

"The hell you talking bout?"
Schwarzwald 10-07-2003 03:00 PM
quote:
Originally posted by C.R Foxhound
yea and theres this chick with no arms, yet her hair is like so long man , its like 20 feet long, blowing in the wind, and this chick is like staring up at the donkey going

"Dudeth, thy cloud looketh like a donkey man"

And so like the kid and his wolf stare at this chick and the boy goes

"My goodness boy, the world is quite strange today, it must be a symbolic commentary of the state of the present dimension"

and wolf is like

"The hell you talking bout?"

The boy replies...

"ummm nothing..."
hiding a lighter under his coat he walks toward the dark cloud of donkey

"oh great spirt from eternal beyond what is thyn purpose? What is thyn name?"
StevieV019 10-07-2003 03:34 PM
the cloud gets made because the lighter doesnt produce enough light to brighten the day that the cloud is darkening...

he replies, "its too dark to talk now...come back later"
Jeff 10-07-2003 04:29 PM
The boy then replies "Oh, its too dark, huh? I drag my ass out here to have a nice heartfelt conversation with an evil spirit as mighty as you, and you say its too dark? Is this bright enough for ya?"

*the boy flips him the bird*

Cloud: Now you've done it you brat.That was a terrible thing you just did. Hasn't your wolf ever taught you manners? You will be punished with a nevering curse, and that curse is...
The Fallen Phoenix 10-07-2003 04:36 PM
"For the rest of your days, you shall live your life as the slime of the earth, as a wretched being which shall fear both light and day, both love and hate, both life and death. You will be trapped in such a state for the rest of your pitiful life, and all the souls of the earth will look down on you with despise.

You will be filled with nothing but sorrow, and you will never feel warmth in your heart again."

So it was, and a a bright light descended from the heavens, engulfing the boy. His cries of pain and terror echo throughout the land, as a great wind embraces him, chilling him to the bone...
Jeff 10-07-2003 07:11 PM
The boy now had no reason for living, but at the same time feared death. He was trapped in a state of eternal hell.

But just then...
Schwarzwald 10-07-2003 07:41 PM
quote:
Originally posted by jeff 25
The boy now had no reason for living, but at the same time feared death. He was trapped in a state of eternal hell.

But just then...

His wolf friend protested to the dark cloud.

"What... WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!"

"exactly what i said" The donkey cloud replied.

"Just because some kid flips you a pet bird doesn't mean you can do such a thing!"

"of course i can... im a god"
The wolf looks in his pocket...
"what if i gave you this in return?'
The wolf pulls out of his ominous troser pants...
dawnstrider 10-07-2003 07:56 PM
The wolf presents the donkey cloud a clockwork nightingale.
"Wind up this mechanical bird", said the wolf,"and you will have a companion to sing to you all of your days. Even a god must be lonely, and this bird will never grow tired of your shape or your manner"
The cloud-god looked this gift over, and said....
The Fallen Phoenix 10-07-2003 08:13 PM
"Do you take me for a fool, animal of the ground?" the voice boomed over the landscape. The very ground trembled at the sound of the cloud...

"For your insolence, wolf, I shall make you another of those cursed of the earth...though you shall be feared by many, ultimately you shall find yourself the very slave of that which you attempted to subdue! Nature shall be your rival, never to be overcome, and the children of that boy you once loved so will hunt your brethren and kill them, until all of your race is wiped from the earth!"

The wolf looked away from the cloud, and...
BoneDaddy 10-07-2003 08:36 PM
quote:
Originally posted by The Fallen Phoenix
"Do you take me for a fool, animal of the ground?" the voice boomed over the landscape. The very ground trembled at the sound of the cloud...

"For your insolence, wolf, I shall make you another of those cursed of the earth...though you shall be feared by many, ultimately you shall find yourself the very slave of that which you attempted to subdue! Nature shall be your rival, never to be overcome, and the children of that boy you once loved so will hunt your brethren and kill them, until all of your race is wiped from the earth!"

The wolf looked away from the cloud, and...

then the ground opened up and swollowed the cloud and it was never heard from again. but in the clouds place there was left a mighty demon with the power to grant wishes to the most worthy of a species..
dawnstrider 10-07-2003 08:42 PM
quote:
then the ground opened up and swollowed the cloud and it was never heard from again. but in the clouds place there was left a mighty demon with the power to grant wishes to the most worthy of a species..

The demon looked upon the wolf and said, "I must thank thy, oh noble beast, for your generosity - and the anger that thou hath incited - hath freed me from my subordination to that devil cloud. For your act, I'll grant thy one wish" The wolf thought, and said...
Mr. ? 10-07-2003 08:43 PM
Many years have passed without the demon being disturbed. But one day a young man was walking in the area. He came across the demon. "I SHALL GRANT YOU A WISH" The man thought to himself "riches?, fame?" But then the demon finshed his sentece "If you do me a favor......"
re-animate 10-07-2003 08:53 PM
"i need you to cut down the tallest tree with.......THIS HERRING!!!!" the demon concluded.
dawnstrider 10-07-2003 09:36 PM
quote:
i need you to cut down the tallest tree with.......THIS HERRING!!!!" the demon concluded.

"But, that is impossible!" shouted the young man. "How can a mere mortal accomplish such a task!"
"That is on your shoulders to bare" the demon responded in a commanding bellow, "if thou desires the the wishes that I grant" With that, the demon vanished. The young man, mind distrought at the task ahead of him, thought long and hard of what he must do...
088nd 10-08-2003 12:25 PM
"Aha!" The man said. "Hath not the Herring bones? Yes it hath bones! I shall produce a herring spoon to spoon through the strongest tree! Then demon, you shall see man's glory!"
dawnstrider 10-08-2003 12:42 PM
The young man, full of renewed confidence, quickly set to work. He painstakingly removed all of the bones from the herring and used the scales and muscle tendons to sew the pieces together. Upon completion of his spoon, however, he heard a sound in the distance....
088nd 10-08-2003 12:54 PM
It was the terrible horn of the Donkey Cloud! He had escaped from the earth and was coming to steal the herring spoon.
Jeff 10-08-2003 02:41 PM
quote:
Originally posted by 088nd
It was the terrible horn of the Donkey Cloud! He had escaped from the earth and was coming to steal the herring spoon.

The boy was panick stricken. Unable to combat the Donkey Cloud with a mere herring spoon, he cowered in fear. Just as the Donkey Cloud was about to strike, the herring spoon began to glow, and cast an illuminating light energy from it. The boy, completely bewildered as to what was going on, looked at the herring spoon, which was now a sword. Realizing the power that he now wieled, he lifted the herring sword in the air and.....