myspace.com

maid to last 10-01-2003 09:07 PM
i was just curious as to if any of u are on the myspace.com thingie?
i joined a while ago cuz i think someone told me i could share files through it...but i don't know...i put my picture up and now all i get are people wanting to be my "friends"...but once they are my friends they don't really do anything...so i'm totally confused...

i'm probably just a dumbass...but does anyone understand the point of myspace? (i could prolly look it up on the actual site, but its too slow on my comp, & plus i'm here now, & too lazy to haul my butt over there...)

ty for reading Big Grin
088nd 10-01-2003 09:10 PM
Im not a internet community buff so i don't know wtf you're talking about.
dorothyrocks 10-02-2003 11:06 PM
Never heard of it. And my dad watches A LOT of TechTV.....and they're always talking about the latest junk on the internet....
Blue Crow 01-30-2006 06:39 PM
i figured i'd revive this thread because the last post was in 2003 (when i joined) and myspace has grown a lot since then.

from a small internet community to somewhat of a national craze.

so, i'm not even going to ask what everyone thinks i'm going to ask. because i already know the answer. myspace is like masturbation. everyone does it, but no one will admit it.

-BC
Generalissimo D 01-30-2006 06:45 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Crow
myspace is like masturbation. everyone does it, but no one will admit it.

-BC

I've abstained so far.
corrupt 01-30-2006 06:47 PM
Infernal my space, if its anything like xanga it deserves to be shot
Blue Crow 01-30-2006 06:52 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Zaphod Beeblebrox
I've abstained so far.

oh, it will get you, my friend.

maybe not today. maybe not tomorrow. but one day your curiosity will get the best of you, and the next thing you know you'll be checking your profile 12-13 times a day.

anyways, anyone here not too timid to share the link to their profiles? come on, guys, i know you have them.

hell, even my grandmother's got 204 friends on her profile.

-BC
dominusofdeath 01-30-2006 06:54 PM
quote:
quote:
I've abstained so far.

maybe not today. maybe not tomorrow. but one day your curiosity will get the best of you, and the next thing you know you'll be checking your profile 12-13 times a day.

anyways, anyone here not too timid to share the link to their profiles? come on, guys, i know you have them.

-BC

I only have 30 friends...............But only add people I know...........
Mike 01-30-2006 06:54 PM
I have around 14 friends and I check my profile once a week or less. But I actually know those 14 people.
Travis Bickle 01-30-2006 06:59 PM
I think I'm already friends with you on it, Blue Crow.

Everyone I added I know except for a few people from on here.
Generalissimo D 01-30-2006 07:00 PM
quote:
quote:
I've abstained so far.

-BC

I think I mayhaps made a fake profile for the sake of looking at some rather nasty things an idiot airhead mexican girl(trust me, these are the WORST) wrote about me. But I ended up giving up halfway through the process after someone just told me what was said.
Mugiwara Luffy 01-30-2006 07:01 PM
Yeah...I'm addicted. I check every time I come back to my computer. I can't really go more than twenty minutes without checking it.

It's pathetic.
Zopwx2 01-30-2006 07:04 PM
I don't believe in myspace, I have a fake account in order to view more pics and such.

although you can call me slightlyhypocritical for maintaining a Facebook.
Blue Crow 01-30-2006 07:09 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Haruka
I only have 30 friends...............But only add people I know...........

i only have 54, but i know every one.

quote:
Originally posted by Cerpin Taxt
I think I'm already friends with you on it, Blue Crow.

i think so, too. unless i accidentally deleted you (which is possible). : /

quote:
Originally posted by Lt. Sanji
Yeah...I'm addicted. I check every time I come back to my computer. I can't really go more than twenty minutes without checking it.

It's pathetic.

yeah, i'm the same way somedays. a friend of mine is somewhat of a legend on myspace. he spends pretty much 90% of his free time on it, and has managed to do some amazing things with it. he's attempting to gain so many friends, and popularity on myspace that he will one day overthrow tom.

haha. i know that sounds unbearibly pathetic, but he's actually been making a lot of progress.

-BC
Randolph 01-30-2006 07:32 PM
http://www.bobandgeorge.com/Subcomics/Ka...dex.php?num=238
(Contains some strong language)

I think Karnak summed it up better than I could.
NVWC2006 01-30-2006 07:47 PM
i'm a member of both xanga and myspace. myspace's blog section appears to be like EXACTLY THE SAME as xanga. i started w/xanga, so i'm mostly 'loyal' there, but i'll admit myspace has a ton of cool features.

currently with 83 friends. http://www.myspace.com/nvwc2006
Blue Crow 01-30-2006 07:55 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Randolph
I think Karnak summed it up better than I could.

yeah, but that's one of the greatest things about myspace.

instead of having to look through large groups of people to find nerds to laugh at, myspace brings them right to you with just one click of the mouse.

best of all, it brings them to you wrapped up in one neat little package decorated in the hilarious quirks and poorly taken pictures of people all over the world.

hahaha.

-BC
Randolph 01-30-2006 07:59 PM
quote:
yeah, but that's one of the greatest things about myspace.

Very true. Very true indeed.
Without it, Karnak would have much less to hate.
I salute you, myspace.com.
Big Money 01-30-2006 07:59 PM
My friend has a goatse myspace and he friended everyone at my school Laughing ...
Blue Crow 01-30-2006 08:09 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Big Money
My friend has a goatse myspace and he friended everyone at my school Laughing ...

ewww. Frown

why would you add that?

-BC