Season 3 Snail Mail Campaign

Rouge 10-18-2003 05:08 PM
I would so sign something like that, count me in!
BigO-SHOWTIME 10-18-2003 05:55 PM
Maybe if we are really really nice, they can have Season 3 with cel-animation style Big Grin
Mega Dominus 10-18-2003 10:25 PM
Cell animation? That would be cool to watch for a few episodes (OVA maybe?), but for a whole season? Hmmm...have to think hard about that.
Aliao 10-19-2003 11:57 AM
Wow- I haven't been able to get on this for longer than I thought.

Anyway, I would be willing to write/edit a group letter to CN either to thank them for producing Season 2 and/or, after 2 is over, to ask for a third season/movie/OAV, whatever we decide on. I'm an English Major taking Business Writing 2 next semester, so I could use the practice. Smile )

I think the idea of a letter of appreciation is a good one, as is sending a group letter rather than individual ones, although I would encourage you to send individual letters if you're not comfortable signing your real name to the group one.
Zola 10-19-2003 12:24 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Aliao
Wow- I haven't been able to get on this for longer than I thought.

Anyway, I would be willing to write/edit a group letter to CN either to thank them for producing Season 2 and/or, after 2 is over, to ask for a third season/movie/OAV, whatever we decide on. I'm an English Major taking Business Writing 2 next semester, so I could use the practice. Smile )

I think the idea of a letter of appreciation is a good one, as is sending a group letter rather than individual ones, although I would encourage you to send individual letters if you're not comfortable signing your real name to the group one.

While there is nothing wrong with a group letter, it will mean a lot more to them to get individual letters. Think about this for a minute. I brought up that any fool could get a log-in and post to an internet board, and many do.

If they just got the group letter, how do they know that all the names on it aren't made up? They don't!

If they get a group letter and every single person signing has also sent a letter on their own, THAT will mean something to them. It shows them that we are serious.
Black Phoenix 10-19-2003 01:29 PM
Yeah, no reason in my mind not to do it both ways. Many of well written individual letters stand a good chance of being noticed. However, I also think that a group letter from a well established, intelligent community such as this one would also carry a little weight.

I shouldn't write the group letter since I'm relatively new around here (well, I lurked for a long time before . . . but still . . .). I would be willing to edit/offer suggestions on the letter though . . . but I realize that we can't have too many editors or the thing will never get written.
BigO-SHOWTIME 10-19-2003 05:17 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Mega Dominus
Cell animation? That would be cool to watch for a few episodes (OVA maybe?), but for a whole season? Hmmm...have to think hard about that.

cel animation is season 1's animation.
evanASF27 10-19-2003 05:19 PM
WE MUST HAVE A SEASON 3!!!
Evil Evil IF NOT I WILL GO SCHWARZWALD (act4) ON THEM!! Evil Evil
Schwarzwald 10-20-2003 07:01 PM
I saw on one of the adult swim cards that they were going to ask for a 3rd season...

errr...... for one i want to stat that a 3rd would be cool.... but if there was anything left for a story... if everyone remembered the event mabey... but if only dorothy roger angel and such? no i dont see anything....

well.......... if this gets through...... think that there COULD be a 3rd season... with out destroying the 2nd's ending?

I mean even if this gets good influence in adult swim... it doesn't mean there could be one... atleast not a good one....

mabey we could make suggestions for stories... if possible...

i can only think of a story for a movie.... but no season 3...
Zola 10-21-2003 01:33 PM
Okay, guys.

I picked up two thank you cards today and as soon as Falcon7 signs them they are going out to the mailbox.

One is for the Adult Swim network
the other is for Sunrise
Thanks to babelfish, I have added a translation to the card.

Sunrise Inc.
2-44-10 Kami-igusa, Suginami-ku, Tokyo Japan 167-0023

is the address.

I also have the addy in Japanese, you might want to print it and paste it to the envelope next to the address in English as a courtesy:

Chibi Dorothy 10-22-2003 01:14 AM
I think a thank you card is a great idea I'll send one out this week.
This will definitely make an impression.
Black Phoenix 10-22-2003 03:43 PM
Ah, the Sunrise addresses! Excellent.

Wait a minute. I don't know Japanese, and I doubt they'd appreciate a letter in English . . . even though I get the impression that everybody in Japan is at least halfway fluent at English . . . enough to decipher a letter anyway . . .

Oh well, Adult Swim will have to do for me . . .
Shadow00 10-29-2003 07:48 PM
I think they will make a third season because:
spoiler (highlight to read):
if you saw the last episode it never shows the Big Venus actualy reversing time or what ever it does to make the people forget their memories!
Zola 11-03-2003 03:35 PM
Okay, we've seen the finale and decided, or will be deciding.

I hope you guys are ready. I think that when the Big O runs completely over the next few months, we're going to find a whole new set of fans who didn't watch it before because it was Sunday night.

If you do want a season three or just want to say thank you, write!!!!!!!!! Big Grin
dtk91 11-03-2003 04:14 PM
WE SHOULD MAKE A PETITION!!!!!!! somehow... Any ideas?
RyuHayabusaDOA2 11-03-2003 04:21 PM
online petitions don't work...snail mail ones do work, if enough people sign up, but is better to snail mail the respective companies that produced the show. Each individual letter does count and it is a voice, so if you want to do that way, then is ok. Big Grin
dtk91 11-03-2003 04:38 PM
no no no... i think id take a while but mail the petition from person to person on the forums and then send it in... it would take too long though...
Zola 11-03-2003 04:41 PM
quote:
Originally posted by dtk91
no no no... i think id take a while but mail the petition from person to person on the forums and then send it in... it would take too long though...

Just send a letter in your own words. Smile

It's something the AS folk can show corporate. "Look! we have 5000 letters!"
Tony Waynewrong 11-03-2003 05:50 PM
Come on, guys. I believe that the majority of us wants a third season, right? Let's do our part and submit a personal petition.
Jr. 11-03-2003 06:31 PM
After act 26, the biggest letdown ever, you still want a season 3? I can't see why.