Season 3 Snail Mail Campaign

angelcakes 10-01-2003 06:23 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Surtur
quote:
Originally posted by angelcakes
I like the way your mind works Surtur. Big Grin

It's why you fell in love with me Big Grin

The single letter with all supporters and a few paragraphs from choice people is a good idea, but I think signing with our screen names may be bad. They may not take us seriously if they see 50 Roger Smith variants and 80 Dorothy variants under it. We may want to sign with our real names.

Maybe it is Big Grin

I think that's one of the best idea's I've heard all day. Our really names would show our true dedication to the Big O. But as i said before only if needed.
Rouge 10-01-2003 08:07 PM
I think we should all wait for the ending of Season 2, and then decide if we want a Season 3.
Shredder 10-01-2003 08:45 PM
Actually, I was going to post this in the "Season 3 is a Possibility Thread," but I might as well post it here. My interest in a season 3 depends on what the creators of the series have planned. I'd really like to know if they have other ideas for the series or really did intend it to end with 26 eps and anything beyond that would be forced. My guess is that CN couldn't say anything about more seasons without having some idea of the creators' plans, but who knows? I don't know anything about the ending, other than that I've heard some mixed opinions (it's great, it's disappointing, it can't be continued, it should be continued), but I do know that I'm having too much fun for it all to be over for good! Tongue I hope that the creators do have plans for something else in the series, whether it be a continuation, a prequel, a movie, an OVA, or something, but just like everyone else, I'll just have to wait and see.
088nd 10-01-2003 09:02 PM
Prequel! *thinks of the possibilites* Drooling
Zola 10-17-2003 07:11 PM
I am kicking this back up to the top because it's time to start thinking about this.

Just a reminder. As many of you have seen from the Adult Swim Forums, ANY jerk can make up a screen name and post, usually drivel.

Now that we are in the home stretch, if you want a season 3, forget anything online. The way to go is with a letter that is sent by mail.

There was some talk about doing a letter everyone can copy, but now that I have thought about it, I think it's a bad idea because if they get 100 copies of the same letter, again, they won't take it as seriously because it's easy just to paste and print.

The most effective thing will be a large number of letters in people's own words. If you have bought Big O merchandise, you should let them know that, too.

Here's the address again. Get ready to write!

Cartoon Network Programming
1050 Techwood Drive
Atlanta, GA 30318

EDIT: Will one of the mods "sticky" this for say the next month so the addy is right there?
Shady Dark Lady 10-17-2003 07:40 PM
I intend to write a letter this weekend..Then I will make my husband write one too Big Grin I WANT A SEASON THREE, DAMNIT!!!
Black Phoenix 10-17-2003 07:44 PM
I'm with Zola on this one. I do, however, understand all of the people who argue to wait for the end of season two before deciding whether to begin a mass mailing campaign. However, I'm 99% in favor of season three. I posted all my reasoning in the other thread so I won't repeat it all here . . .

The other thread:
http://paradigm-city.com/forums/thread.p...htuser=0&page=1

Basically, I argue that I really can't see the story that began in act 1 being drawn to a reasonable conclusion over the course of the next two episodes. I can be an impatient person, and since I'm almost positive that I'll be clamoring for one more season in a few weeks, I'm thinking I might as well start to write something . . .

One thing is for sure though . . . after act 26, if we have a general consensus that season three is a good idea we should organize some sort of collective petition for it. Individual snail mails from people would be extremely important too (I'm a strong believer that quantity is far better than quality in almost every context . . . maybe not an ideal situation but it's how the world tends to work . . .)
Schwarzwald 10-17-2003 07:55 PM
hmmm... im not sure if there even should be a season 3... i mena... from what i see from the spoilers... there is no way to have a good quality story after that ending...

well... mabey a movie... or extra epiosde adventures... ya know... another beck thing....

mabey something when roger smith was in the Military Police...

But no... i cant see anygood story for a third season... man... I dont want the rest of big o ruined after such a great ending... Alot like the various Tenchi Versions...

EDIT: for the movie,... they could have Michel Seebach researching a certain case that roger is assinged to... but of course they dont actually meet...
Black Phoenix 10-17-2003 08:01 PM
Schwarzwald:

If that turns out to be the case then I'll take back what I said. (I am mostly unspoiled, obviously)

However . . .

I can't see any sort of conclusion on the horizon . . . unless it's something really really really screwy . . .

Still, would the producing studio have offered AS the option to order more seasons if they'd ended it already. I'm with you . . . I don't want to see Big O get ruined by falling into the "endless episodes" trap . . . But if the story is not finished, then I demand to see the real ending! Big Grin
Zola 10-17-2003 08:03 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Black Phoenix
Still, would the producing studio have offered AS the option to order more seasons if they'd ended it already. I'm with you . . . I don't want to see Big O get ruined by falling into the "endless episodes" trap . . . But if the story is not finished, then I demand to see the real ending! Big Grin

That is exactly what I have been saying. If they knew at episode 13 that not only would there be 13 more episodes, but also there was a possiblity that there would be 26 more, I really, really don't think they would write themselves into the proverbial corner.

The thing with spoilers is that sometimes you think you are seeing one thing and it turns out to be something totally different.
Surtur 10-17-2003 08:47 PM
I was just thinking about this earlier this week. I'm glad you've ressurected it.

But as i stated earlier in this very thread, we should wait for the end of season 2 to be sure we are not satasfied. It would be good for an admin to sticky this thread, so it won't die in the coming weeks. If not, I'll just remember to revive it.

i'm not saying to stop talking about it, just don't start anything, ok?
Black Phoenix 10-17-2003 08:54 PM
A sticky would be nice since it seems like the community has an interest in this . . .

However, we can always keep this thing at the top the old fashioned way if we have to . . .

And I agree that we shouldn't do anything collectively (edit: well I guess this should be obvious just by the definition of "collective", heh) until we've all seen episode 26. However, I think it's good that the address is posted now because there are some people whose minds are already made up . . . Might as well let them get started on it . . .

A few letters by themselves probably won't make a difference one way or the other anyway . . . But in the long run, a lot of letters just might . . . The first letters wouldn't be wasted in other words . . .
Chibi Dorothy 10-17-2003 09:10 PM
I know I'm not ready for it to be over either, Season 2 has been way too much fun. But from what I know I don't think Season 2's ending is going to be satistfying. I think Season 3 could focus on what happens after
spoiler (highlight to read):
the reset. You know things could change next time the loop isn't going to go on forever is it?

But even the people who don't think there needs to be a season 3 could write for an animated prequel or movie. I plan to do that if I don't write for a Season 3.

Now to just wait for the end...
Knave 10-18-2003 12:22 AM
I'd say that there's a lot of room left for a season 3, I'll have my letter ready to go when the signal is given.

A lot of people have reccomended sample letters for everyone to send, but I think if the letters are too similar (or, in the case of lazy people, identical), they're far more likely to get discounted in importance. Everybody should write their own, or at least word it in their own way, so a guide sort of letter would be alright for the completely uninspired. Mine is liable to be a bit too unique, I have CCS stationery that I never get a chance to use Smile
Black Phoenix 10-18-2003 01:02 AM
DoctorZhivago:

Agree completely. We're a smart community. We can all put together our own letters, and the effect will be much more powerful than just sending a bunch of form letters.

I think we still ought to do a group one too (if that's what the community decides) . . . That would also have a chance to make an impact.

And thanks for the sticky, guys! Big Grin
Schattenjager 10-18-2003 01:07 AM
As I've already said in another thread, I'm definitely wanting a season three, even with the spoilers I've read, if not more so because of what I've read. What I think season 3 could cover is:
spoiler (highlight to read):
After the reset, perhaps Roger experiences residual memories, or Schwarzwald somehow influences events to try to get Roger to remember. There are still lots of possibilites I'd like to see.
Pygmalion 10-18-2003 07:00 AM
Whether we want a season 3 or not, now is an excellent time to write and thank them for season 2. How often do you think Programming gets well-written letters thanking them for what they've put up? From what I've seen, complaints usually outnumber compliments 10 - 1, so the latter should be that much more noticable.

Then after we've seen Act 26, those who still want to ask for a season 3 can write a second well-written letter on All Saints Day, Nov. 1.

How about that?
Pygmalion
Zola 10-18-2003 09:32 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Pygmalion
Whether we want a season 3 or not, now is an excellent time to write and thank them for season 2. How often do you think Programming gets well-written letters thanking them for what they've put up? From what I've seen, complaints usually outnumber compliments 10 - 1, so the latter should be that much more noticable.

Then after we've seen Act 26, those who still want to ask for a season 3 can write a second well-written letter on All Saints Day, Nov. 1.

How about that?
Pygmalion

Now THAT's a good idea.

I'll do it as soon as I get home from work tonight.

Edit: Whoops. A little too quick with the send button, LOL!

Thanks for the "sticky"
Kittie heavenly6 10-18-2003 09:44 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Pygmalion

How about that?
Pygmalion

That's a great Idea. Some of us in the GI Joe Net Circles did that when they aired GI Joe for a few weeks. Thanks to the letter writing we did thanking them, they brought it back for a few more weeks.
Lady Tesser 10-18-2003 10:00 AM
Should we elect someone to write a 'community' letter, though? Someone who is familiar with the fanbase here at Paradigm City and can express it eloquently as well as enthusiastically? Whoever writes it can have people who want to sign to PM their real names to attach to the letter and such.

I'm all for that, as well as writing individual letters to thank CN programming and asking for a third season. Sometimes CN makes bad choices, sometimes okay, and sometimes they hit pure gold.

With Big O, they hit pure gold.