PCF, Going Out Like Billy Wilder - The Goodbye Thread

Nine Kuze 07-25-2007 02:25 PM
This may sound a little... melodramatic, but remember in school those "pen parties" the student body would have so all the students with yearbooks can hang out, sign each others books and say goodbye for the year before heading off into the summer?

Well, this thread is kind of like that. Except without the annoying kids, the overpriced, grammar-incorrect picture books they call yearbooks these days and those goddamn teachers lurking over you.

So basically, this was my first message board and I'll miss this place and you fine, adorable people as well. I'm sure the new place will kick ass in its own right, but still, we'll always have PCF.

Hope to see a lot of you guys over at the new forums!

...oh, and don't mind the Wilder thing in the title there. :o
Peace.
The Baker St. Irregular 07-25-2007 05:02 PM
I feel I need to get in here before I get lost in the rabble. Even though I don't feel like I stood out much here, I still enjoyed being a part of it all. This place was definitely the highlight of my Internets, and will always hold a special place in my heart.

It's been a long time since I first came here. Although I was out of the loop on TBO II, it was still fun to see so many people rallying around our favorite anime. It's a shame that we haven't had that kind of excitement since then...

Naturally, I'll be moving over to the new forums. I think a fresh start will do all of us good over there.

Krang and Shredder, you two were the best admins a girl like me could ask for!

Nine, you're going to the new forums, so you don't get any tearful good-byes. Tongue

Everyone else, hope to see you soon, and thank you for all the awesome times!
harshfire 07-25-2007 05:10 PM
I've already said my piece in the other forums, so maybe the remaining Mods or Krang or Shredder would be nice enough to move those posts here?

But to sum everything up:

I love you guys; you're like my online family.

Much love and Later days,
harshfire
snakemarcato13 07-25-2007 05:13 PM
I'll sign anyone's yearbook that wants me to, but I won't say goodbye. Not just yet.
The Ghost of Ember 07-25-2007 08:42 PM
My hundredth and last post. It's been interesting, if nothing else. Caio guys, see you on the other side.
Hollow XXVI 07-25-2007 08:59 PM
I only came to PCF because Nine wanted me to. I signed up as Nightmare, then he wanted me to..borrow his "last name" so I changed it. Lol.

Yeah long story short, I'm not going to sign up to the new one until Nine bugs me to death about it...again. If he even does so. So yeah, enjoy your few months/years without me!
dominusofdeath 07-25-2007 09:30 PM
Half of PCF was losers and c**ts. The other half was alright.
Big Money 07-25-2007 09:53 PM
quote:
Originally posted by dominusofdeath
I wanna know what Krang and Shredder look like.

Shredder I can't do, but I have it on good authority that this is actually Krang:

Couldn't resist.

Au Revoir, good forum! May you have a long and happy archival.

PS, its not Krang.
Tickle Tickle 07-25-2007 09:56 PM
Eh, oh well. I still talk to some of the cool members on AIM. Everyone else sucks. Or left.

Farewell, Paradigm City.
088nd 07-25-2007 10:06 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Big Money
quote:
Originally posted by dominusofdeath
I wanna know what Krang and Shredder look like.

Shredder I can't do, but I have it on good authority that this is actually Krang:

Couldn't resist.

Au Revoir, good forum! May you have a long and happy archival.

I'm not sure what surprises me more, the fact that that's Krang, or the fact that you saved his picture to your photobucket.

Later everyone. I will bug you more on AIM Nine.
evanASF27 07-25-2007 10:38 PM
Bon Voyage, PCF. Everybody (for the most part) I'll miss y'all, old and new. PLEASE! Stop by the new forums once a blue moon Wink It's good to reminisce. Anime Smile

These little town blues, are melting away
I'm gonna make a brand new start of it - in old New York
And if I can make it there, I'm gonna make it anywhere

It's up to you - New York, New York!

NEW YORK!

PARADIGM CITY!
Jonny Axehandle 07-25-2007 10:40 PM
quote:
Originally posted by evanASF27
Bon Voyage, PCF. Everybody (for the most part) I'll miss y'all, old and new. PLEASE! Stop by the new forums once a blue moon Wink It's good to reminisce. Anime Smile

These little town blues, are melting away
I'm gonna make a brand new start of it - in old New York
And if I can make it there, I'm gonna make it anywhere

It's up to you - New York, New York!

NEW YORK!

PARADIGM CITY!

You'd better get to work on that 9000+ post count over at the new forum. Tongue (insert over 9000 joke............now...)
Mike 07-25-2007 11:01 PM
his post count is OVER NINE THOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSAAAAAAAAAAAANDDDDDDDD

But yea...this place ruled. Then it kind of died down, then it got cool again, lately it's been weak. Hopefully the new place will be cool. I remember the summer of 03 when it was basically like 10 people, and I didn't even know there was going to be a second season of Big O.
Jonny Axehandle 07-25-2007 11:03 PM
Heh, ironic that when the place decides to close traffic skyrockets. If only that convinced K&S to keep it alive. Frown
Zopwx2 07-25-2007 11:05 PM
so what are we now T-one hour or soemthing?
Dude Love 07-25-2007 11:05 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Jonny Axehandle
Heh, ironic that when the place decides to close traffic skyrockets. If only that convinced K&S to keep it alive. Frown

Like a quota system? Have this many quality posts each day or else it gets closed?

---

I filmed a tribute video to Krang and Shredder and the rest of PCF expressing my thanks. I really mean it. It's been a good place.

EDIT: This is my last post, as it puts me at 3232 posts, which I think is kinda cool (Wish it was 4747 for school pride, but can't always get what I want). Just again, I wanted to say thanks a bunch for all the good times. The headaches were annoying, but the good outweighs.
evanASF27 07-25-2007 11:05 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Mike
But yea...this place ruled. Then it kind of died down, then it got cool again, lately it's been weak. Hopefully the new place will be cool. I remember the summer of 03 when it was basically like 10 people, and I didn't even know there was going to be a second season of Big O.

And that's why it was so exciting.... it was an adventure. A long, amazing adventure... but it's also unpredictable, which is part of the thrill.

"Hell I've been with you all this time and I don't even understand it" ~ Marty McFly
Zopwx2 07-25-2007 11:10 PM
ha I used to use that schwarzwald avatar.
Jonny Axehandle 07-25-2007 11:12 PM
Anyone remember when I was the ultimate troll? Tongue
The Fallen Phoenix 07-25-2007 11:13 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Jonny Axehandle
Anyone remember when I was the ultimate troll? Tongue

Nah, that was always el_w00t.