Hey guys, guess what

Generalissimo D 07-23-2007 06:48 PM
Drew Carey is going to be the new host of the Price is Right, replacing long time host and alleged vampire Bob Barker.

Hey!
Jonny Axehandle 07-23-2007 07:04 PM
Put that in the "Top ten things NO ONE saw coming list" This will be massive win if he stays as long as Bob Barker.
Big Money 07-23-2007 07:52 PM

Here's hoping he makes the showcase loser read the credits in a goofy way in every episode.
The Big Finale 07-23-2007 08:02 PM
"Welcome to the Price is Right, where everything's made up and the bids don't matter."
Big Money 07-23-2007 08:05 PM
Wayne Brady can be the announcer, and Colin and Ryan can be the show girls.
Sharpshooter005 07-23-2007 09:04 PM
It's better than the horrifying moment when rosie o'donnel announced she'd like the job
Mike 07-23-2007 09:38 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
It's better than the horrifying moment when rosie o'donnel announced she'd like the job

That explains that YTMND I saw.
Hollow XXVI 07-23-2007 09:45 PM
I'm officially never watching The Price is Right ever again.
Pie_Junkie 07-24-2007 12:09 AM
Shucks, now what is one to watch when sick?
Sharpshooter005 07-24-2007 12:24 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Hollow XXVI
I'm officially never watching The Price is Right ever again.

Same.

I mean...I have no problem with drew carrey he can be funny. It's just..well the price is right is on at what, 10 or 11 am? I'm lazy as f*** but I'm not lazy enough to not either be asleep or busy at that time (depending on my schedule, its flexible you know).

I mean if I was sick I'd watch it, thats what I used to do when I was sick, but...thats cause bob barker can never die, and he wants pets spayed (I spayed all my f***ing cats and it was hell keeping them seperated from each other, now I have another one and it'll be spayed and this will suck doubtlessly...I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY BARKER OKAY). Drew Carrey is, again, okay but he's not compelling enough to make me watch this. Not compared to Barker cause..it's Bob GODDAMN Barker, cultural icon, comeon now.

I'm just still glad rosie o'donnel had zero chance at hosting it. That fat moron believes in juvinile little 9/11 conspiracy theories, she isn't fit to kiss barker's feet.

The show will be fine in the new hosts hands I'm sure...not the same but...it wont die, I trust him enough to say it wont die entirely.
Generalissimo D 07-24-2007 12:32 AM
When Drew Carey settles in and becomes the arch-vampire, Bob Barker will come back and fight him in a battle that will destroy nations.

It's in Revelations, people.
Sharpshooter005 07-24-2007 12:36 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Generalissimo D
When Drew Carey settles in and becomes the arch-vampire, Bob Barker will come back and fight him in a battle that will destroy nations.

I'd buy a TIVO just to TIVO this.

(TIVO is also a verb now, right? I'm not sure)
X Prime 07-24-2007 02:03 AM
That assumes there's even be a battle.

It'd be a f***ing massacre.
Sharpshooter005 07-24-2007 02:21 AM
Well that'd be awesome too.
harshfire 07-25-2007 03:02 AM
Oh, God.

I don't know if I want a lot of over-weight people running down and hugging me to death (but maybe that's one of the top ten on Jim Carey's list of "things-I-need-to-do-before-I-die). Well, that's an odd-bit of information, and hey, I can imagine him saying "Come on down!"

But I've never watched it, never understood it, and hey, that's a toilet bowl in Jim's career.

*is sleepy and tired and probably doesn't mean half the things I'm saying in this post* *cough*

Later days,
harshfire
The Big Finale 07-25-2007 03:04 AM
Drew.

Not Jim.

The fat guy with glasses, not the Mask.
harshfire 07-25-2007 03:11 AM
quote:
Originally posted by The Big Finale
Drew.

Not Jim.

The fat guy with glasses, not the Mask.

*dazed and confused*

Did I say Jim?

I mean Drew.

*falls over*

Later days,
harshfire
evanASF27 07-25-2007 03:59 AM
Well this is interesting news indeed!

I think Drew Carey is an good choice...tho perhaps not everyone's favorite. Sweatdrop

Can't wait to see what kind of tomfoolery goes down on that show now.
Hollow XXVI 07-25-2007 05:52 AM
Perhaps he'll have three other guys on the stage with him being funny while he gets all the credit!