Future of the Forums - Help Wanted

X Prime 07-22-2007 03:07 PM
Ergh, no.

The MFL was almost nothing but problems that led to endless stupid grudges that for some inane reason extended into other boards.

For example, D banned me from Finale's boards twice, and I don't even definitively remember registering for it the first time or doing anything if I even did (I know for a fact that I didn't on the second ban). In other words, I had done absolutely nothing of note to their board and had no intention of doing anything. Finale, unfortunately revealing that he has a fairly weak sense of justice when he wants to, refused to strike it down because of the fact he simply doesn't like me very much.

If insanity of that nature can arise when doing nothing of note, I shudder to think of what could emerge out of something else. Especially since your idea of an MFL mod is bound to be buggy for awhile if newly coded.

So no.

A thousand, million times: no.
Generalissimo D 07-22-2007 03:16 PM
Though his perception of the banning situation is skewed, I'll have to agree with X on no MFL.

I've definitely decided that there will be a section for Big O RP's if people want them, but nothing like the MFL.
X Prime 07-22-2007 03:18 PM
If you're going to claim it's skewed and make yourself out to be a liar, you may as well elaborate further on how you banned me the first time on a 'precaution', nevermind all I really did was read it as a guest since I like reading far too much for my own good sometimes.

Kindly don't start inserting your own biases into the utterly true history lesson of what an MFL does to people.
Generalissimo D 07-22-2007 03:29 PM
I haven't lied.

I banned you as a precaution seeing as you don't seem to change your behavior very much, plus the whole spamming incident pretty much soured everyone on the board.

According to you, if the 'just' thing had been done I would have let you in, you who did not even feign to condemn that.

The second banning was done by Finale, who caught you by way of Mr. Starluck. You can try to use the rules to your advantage, as you did so for way too long in the MFL, but I'm not the only one who can see right through that.

Edit: To nip this at the bud, I'd like you to PM me an instance of a lengthy argument in the MFL that didn't involve either you or Seraphim. If you can produce three of these, I'll unbar you from my boards.
X Prime 07-22-2007 03:43 PM
If you insist...

The problem with that logic is that I didn't even lift a finger to spam your boards since I have a powerful distaste for doing such things, which you yourself know extremely well. I simply watched, and spoke with 4channer about an RP he was thinking of making. I saw no reason to waste my breath condemning it when I was blamed for it and generally slandered when not having done it. They would have done it even if I had told them not to, so why bother?

And actually, according to me my IP should not have been futilely banned for doing little but leisurely reading. I have and had no intention of doing anything else, and unlike you I speak the truth without obfuscation.

Ah yes... caught me... reading some crap he was spewing about something I made in the MFL that I thought I should comment on to him over IM. What a shame.

EDIT: Cute. Edit as I was posting. Sure, I'll get right on that... or not, for two reasons.

1) That is coming from a guy who deliberately antagonized me in the MFL to get a rise out of me, to 'liven the place up', by your own admission later on, which unfortunately succeeded.

2) What occured on another medium is not a justification to begin with. I learned that when I was... what, 16, 17? And all I did was demod SZO, a far less heinous action and I still figured it out. Come now.

EDIT2: One thing bothers me... Dungeon Master relayed a message from Finale effectively saying you did ban 2, yet now you're saying Finale did it. Somebody's lying here.
Generalissimo D 07-22-2007 03:49 PM
Think what you like, my offer will stand until the 25th, 5:55 PM CST.
X Prime 07-22-2007 03:51 PM
Denied, I have no need of it for the reasons stated above, nor do I really care. My only goal here today was to offer a history lesson on why not to resurrect the MFL, when you unfortunately decided to argue with the truth.
Hollow XXVI 07-22-2007 04:14 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Generalissimo D
I haven't lied.

...um.

quote:
I banned you as a precaution seeing as you don't seem to change your behavior very much,

Do I have to post your quote again that banning X "filled you with glee"? Surely doesn't sound like you were looking out for your board, personally.

quote:
plus the whole spamming incident pretty much soured everyone on the board.

Right, the spamming incident that X had ABSOLUTELY NO INVOLVEMENT IN. Sharp, 4channer/Herb and I were the only ones part of that. I posted as X and Herb posted as me. We were mocking each other. Again, I take pride in knowing I can do such a good X impersonation if indeed you all thought I was him. But it's disappointing that you're taking what I did as an excuse to keep banning X over and over.

quote:
The second banning was done by Finale, who caught you by way of Mr. Starluck.

X IMed him, made one comment about Starluck's blatant mockery of some of X's RP classes on your board...and this is somehow enough to get someone banned on your forums? Nevertheless that it was done OUTSIDE of the forums? Nevermind that Starluck was the one belittling X?

That's like if Krang banned me, Nine, Sharp, X, and hell even YOU for mocking members of PCF on X's board..isn't it? By jove I think it is.

quote:
Edit: To nip this at the bud, I'd like you to PM me an instance of a lengthy argument in the MFL that didn't involve either you or Seraphim. If you can produce three of these, I'll unbar you from my boards.

PROTIP: X isn't stupid. Your "precaution" is ridiculous.

As noted in his adamant "hell no" on anything MFL related. (If he had the "power" over the MFL as you all always claimed and was "using the rules to his advantage", wouldn't he want it back?)

Again, anyone can start a story-based RP but there should be definite, lengthy rules that state no fighting...in the RP -or- out. The kids here just can't handle the idea of losing, so make sure there are no losers and you can have a swell RP that will last a while. Smile
evanASF27 07-22-2007 04:25 PM
Well, if X hates the idea of the MFL so much, what does it matter if he is no longer involved in it? If he doesn't like the MFL's stupidity or how it works (or doesn't work) then this really shouldn't be an issue for him.

It's not like he's been banned from PCF or PCF2.0.
Hollow XXVI 07-22-2007 04:28 PM
But he ISN'T involved in it.

If you're referring to him being banned from the Kingdoms boards, which I assume you are, we're just referring to how unfair Zaphod is being about the whole thing.

I mean it's like..when you quit the MFL here, if FP banned you from viewing it because you were part of fights in the past. Would that have been fair?
X Prime 07-22-2007 04:31 PM
That hardly means I can't tell you it's a painfully bad idea to revive it, Evan.

Further, kindly do not presume you know anything of how I think, I'm a fair amount too complex for you to analyze. To be perfectly exact, I liked the overall system a lot, certainly enough to learn it better than everyone short of FP himself. My only inherent issue with the MFL is its membership. You all whine too much.

Do end this tangent please, I had no intention of even starting anything. I only explained to Axehandle why an MFL system should not be done, it causes far too much crap.
Dude Love 07-22-2007 04:54 PM
Coincidentally, this is why K & S are shutting down.

---

Frankly, unless whoever is admin wants my help, I have very little interest in anything more to do with this/that place. I wish whoever is the new Administrator luck, and if they ever want to get in touch with me, they should feel free. Otherwise, I probably will not even register. And to think, a few years ago I would have loved the opportunity to make things better/easier... things really do change.
X Prime 07-22-2007 05:01 PM
This is pretty much simply an epic personality conflict, unfortunately.
Mr. Fortnight 07-22-2007 08:11 PM
The way I see it, is the MFL as is was set to fail. A set of rules that simply put became so complex as to become unplayable in a forum thread setting. The 1.0 rules while simpler had too many holes in it to run smoothly.

If the MFL is EVER to exist on the next forums, we should play it more as a freeform, with an agreement not to god-mode and to keep within reason. Numbers didn't help, but perhaps a covenant can.

Quite frankly, now that I look in retrospect on the MFL, I think X was right about more things than some will realize.

Yeah, you heard that from me.

Thing is, the MFL as it stands and as it stood, for me at least, was doomed from it's inception to become a battleground of wills rather than a battleground of imaginations.

Outside of all that though I also think that X, while I now respect you in terms of your creativity and talent, I also have problems with your delivery. Thing is, that point ALSO applies to everyone else in the MFL. I included. We NEVER, even after agreeing to it, saw each other as equal peers.

If we approached it from equal footing, rather than believing yourself to be right (and I infer no one, just stating in general) and no one else is, we would have been more successful. But, we all factioned off and believed in our own illusions.

We brought our own doom. Not one player can be to blame, but ALL of us.

I love you guys, I really do, even after all our disagreements, I finally see what the big picture is. I just wish this revelation was in better times. I really wish WE could work this out.

I just hope after I state this, I'm still welcome wherever we land. I honestly, once I am able, to continue on. I'm willing to put aside all rivalries and what not for the greater good.
X Prime 07-22-2007 08:23 PM
Seems we're destined to branch off...

The thing is, the problem with the 1.0 rules, which may I add I preferred, was that it was like the system you initially described: an unwritten covenant. But it had holes.

Holes are true of ANY vaguely freeform system. Trust me, I know, I've played them for years and years. Every single time it boils down to a battle of wills. Agreeing not to godmode is admirable, the problem arises when you have a disagreement of what constitutes godmoding. Democracy is not always right if elections these days tell you anything.

That's effectively what happened and what would happen again: a disagreement of what constitutes fair play, constitutes unfair play, et cetera. I thought it was fair that I was able to force-challenge Money for the Green Chaos Emerald, because he refused to fight any mech of mine except the one he absolutely knew he could beat, my Big Trigger, whose main attacks would all be absorbed or deflected by the Big Money's absorption system. Obviously he disagreed. Cue argument that he hated me ever after for, which I truly found a shame as I really liked the guy. This kind of thing happened again and again, and no agreement would ever stop such a thing.

I'm truly happy to see that you're in a decent mood Ensign. I don't particularly like you when you blow your top, if you'll forgive the word choice.
Mr. Fortnight 07-22-2007 08:28 PM
Well you see, there's my problem. To be honest, the competitiveness caused a lot of our arguments. If we were working to some sort of plot point, like an RPG, where there was a common goal we all had to achieve, not just one... well, I think we all could have benefited.

Sadly, the only reason why I never fought wasn't any perceived slight, but because I knew I'd get my titanium handed to me as scrap.
X Prime 07-22-2007 08:33 PM
To a lot of people, competition is what makes the game fun. In my case, I vastly liked the building process, which explains why my Megadei's profiles were twice the sheer size of everyone else's.

In a plot RP, you'll still get fights... mainly over whose story is better or whose plot point takes precedence. Again, happens all the time, just very particularly here.

Regardless, I'd truly be happy to let bygones be bygones. It's why I havent banned Money and D from TDotOL, because I have a lot of patience and hope someday everybody will be happy and peaceful, or will at least be able to take the jabs thrown there in a good-natured fashion. Pipe dream I suppose.
Mr. Fortnight 07-22-2007 08:58 PM
Hey, if I can bury the hatchet, well... you get the idea.

I'm just interested what the new Paradigm forum will look like, and exactly what we'll do about how we can keep in touch if we do drift apart to our own corners of the internets.
X Prime 07-22-2007 09:06 PM
Well, Finale seems interested in running the new one if my intuition is right. He alo seems the most out-and-out motivated.
Inigo Montoya 07-22-2007 09:13 PM
quote:
Originally posted by X Prime
Well, Finale seems interested in running the new one if my intuition is right. He alo seems the most out-and-out motivated.

[raises hand]

Uh... hello?
War.