Future of the Forums - Help Wanted

Zopwx2 07-20-2007 02:33 AM
Whats the timeframe on this closing.

Has a final forum end date been cooked up yet?
Hollow XXVI 07-20-2007 02:36 AM
quote:
I'm sure we can all be thankful for that.

Yes, we are all thankful for cuteness and getting along. Smile

(shut up X, ahahahaha)
X Prime 07-20-2007 02:37 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Zopwx2
Whats the timeframe on this closing.

Has a final forum end date been cooked up yet?

Krang has stated he will post when this is decided.
evanASF27 07-20-2007 02:47 AM
Now that all the flaming of me has died down after one comment which can be shrugged off in a blink...

Krang, will the PCF Email also be sustained? Or is that feature to be taken down with the closing of PCF1.0?
Krang 07-20-2007 02:50 AM
Since the P-C.net domain now has more of a purpose and since the email costs nothing to run, I can keep it going for as long as people continue to use it.
Jonny Axehandle 07-20-2007 11:20 AM
Well this sucks. So much for ever making it to forum Veteran -_-

If you need help with the new forum you can count me in. Tongue
Delirious 07-20-2007 06:21 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Jonny Axehandle

Right? lol. I know it didn't help that I took my own LOA from the forums, but I was hoping to one day have lots of pretty stars by my name. Perhaps in the next cycle. Anime Smile
Shredder 07-20-2007 06:30 PM
Okay, Krang and I have come up with some questions and scenarios that anyone who is interested in the admin position is welcome to answer. We hope that this will help us to narrow down our choices and choose someone to help us out. Please PM your answers to me and both Krang and I will review them. DO NOT post your responses in this thread. Any replies to the application posted here won't be considered. Thanks!

1.) Why are you interested in an administrator position?

2.) Describe any applicable attributes/experiences you have.

3.) What qualities would you look for in choosing moderators or co-admins?

4.) What are your opinions about the Big O anime? Anime in general?

5.) What do you plan to do to keep/revive interest in the forums and/or Big O?

6.) How would you deal with the following hypothetical situations?

a.) A week has gone by and practically no one has posted on your forums.

b.) Two people bring their personal grudges to the forums and continually insult and argue with each other in threads.

c.) A group of people begin talking in a thread with personal and off-topic conversations, as if in a chat room.

d.) A new member joins, doesn’t feel very welcome, and begins to attack the forum in general, saying things like it “sucks.”

e.) Someone posts a thread unknowingly bashing something you like (such as your favorite show, band, game etc.)

f.) Someone who you've banned from the forums signs up again under a different name.
Nine Kuze 07-20-2007 06:37 PM
quote:
A new member joins, doesn’t feel very welcome, and begins to attack the forum in general, saying things like it “sucks.”

Lol, this reminds me of corrupt, who was such a lace-curtain guinea.

quote:
Originally posted by Hollow XXVI
This may be stupid to do and I may be punched in the throat by the person I'm about to mention but I do believe Nine will be a good moderator if you do indeed need one.

*braces for left hook*

Left hook? Hon, you know I hit with my right fist... no wait, that didn't come out right. Especially here, where that might be looked at wrong like domestic abuse or something :o

quote:
Originally posted by dominusofdeath
I agree with Hollow

We still need to have that fight, Cap'N.

quote:

Yeah, I've always wondered about that. You've been here forever, yet you don't have that many posts. Post moar Jonny, post moar. Well, not here since we're going out like Little Casear but at the new place coming up (mother of mercy, is this the end of Paradigm?)

quote:
Originally posted by +KIRA+
[quote]Originally posted by dominusofdeath
And just so my 2 cents is out there, no offense to Nine, but I don't see him as admin material... at least for this forum. Good guy, but not the one I'd expect to be an admin.

Evan, is this still about the "internet defamation" thing? Because I thought we settled out of court about that... issue.

Also, I agree with Evan's stance here. I don't think I would be that all of an effective admin (I'm not all technical savvy like some of the others mentioned here, like say Xy-poo or DM for example)... hence why Holleh and Cap'N didn't nominate me for admin of the next board, but that of a moderator. Ghod, read the posts before you let your internet grudge and bias out, man (also, I'm going out on a stretch here, but I reaaaaaly hope you know that I'm kiddin' and playin' with you :o ).

Anyway, even though it would be up to the new admin eventually decide who is going to be a mod at the version board, I would like to throw my name up as a nominee for being a moderator. I've had experience with other websites in being a mod, I'd like to think that I'm a responible, caring and understanding person with everyone here, I don't go over budget or over schedule and I don't usually have a problem with the studio's producers as well. Wait, that's shifted focus there. But anyway, I'd like to throw my name out there for being a future mod and I'd like to thank my fair Holleh and Cap'N for nominating me in the first place.

I was going to post how we could effectively recharge the forums with posting and new subjects for threads, but I guess with all that's going on now, that kind of makes it nullified. I haven't been here as long as some of you have, but I love this place. I've always loved the members here and I'm always interested in seeing this place active and flourishing. That's why, even though it sucks to see the end come, I see where Krang and Shredder are coming from with this decision (also Krang, I've always felt bad for never giving some kind of donation to help fund the site. In my defense though, I'm only a poor, struggling handsome college student... not a rich one).

Its sad to see this place go, but we'll get through this and I hope to have your vote for moderator.
Peace.
evanASF27 07-20-2007 06:46 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Nahne Kuze
quote:
And just so my 2 cents is out there, no offense to Nine, but I don't see him as admin material... at least for this forum. Good guy, but not the one I'd expect to be an admin.

Evan, is this still about the "internet defamation" thing? Because I thought we settled out of court about that... issue.

Nooonononoo... you just don't strike me as the admin type, like with what you said later in your post. Moderator perhaps, but not admin.

Pretty much like how I wouldn't consider being a candidate for admin. I'm good with moderating, but the *big* stuff I'm not all that great with.
Nine Kuze 07-20-2007 06:53 PM
quote:
Originally posted by evanASF27
quote:
quote:

Nooonononoo... you just don't strike me as the admin type, like with what you said later in your post. Moderator perhaps, but not admin.

Pretty much like how I wouldn't consider being a candidate for admin. I'm good with moderating, but the *big* stuff I'm not all that great with.

No, I know what you meant and that's my reason too. I'll direct, but someone else can take care of the producing and all that (sorry about the film references >_>).

Its just that Holleh and Cap'N nominated me for mod and mod only, there was nothing mentioned about being an admin at all. Just wanted to highlight that is all.
Peace.
evanASF27 07-20-2007 07:08 PM
quote:
Its just that Holleh and Cap'N nominated me for mod and mod only, there was nothing mentioned about being an admin at all. Just wanted to highlight that is all.
Peace.

Ah gotcha. Big Grin

Okay, move along everyone... nothin to see here Tongue
Jonny Axehandle 07-21-2007 01:23 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Nine Kuze
quote:

Yeah, I've always wondered about that. You've been here forever, yet you don't have that many posts. Post moar Jonny, post moar. Well, not here since we're going out like Little Casear but at the new place coming up (mother of mercy, is this the end of Paradigm?)
[/quote]

Quality over quantity or something like that. Tongue Plus it's been a while since I watched Big O. I was planning to get a box set sometime soon and do what R.Smith did. (watch all in one straight run)

I'll miss this place but I'm glad that Krang's making an official successor to PCF so we don't get spread out across various interwebs.
Mr. Fortnight 07-21-2007 01:54 AM
Well, I get a moment to get near a internet-active terminal and this is what I see.

Crap. I was getting the feeling this was going to happen. I actually thought I wouldn't be able to get in tonight, but the forum was still here.

Oh well, good luck on all future endeavors. I'm sure some people here will know how to find me.
dominusofdeath 07-21-2007 02:55 AM
Ever since I joined PCf. It has been my homepage. In fact. Now I don't know what my homepage should be if PCF goes under.
X Prime 07-21-2007 02:57 AM
Well, you could change to the new forums... although they'll be under different software.
dominusofdeath 07-21-2007 03:15 AM
No. I grew up here. It's not the same. I may not post here as much but the discusion ahs been rather lacking.
Mr. Fortnight 07-21-2007 08:10 PM
If there is a new forum, I wish to pass a note I hope that those who will be running things will take to heart...

DO NOT depend on any one series/subject as a theme. General Purpose forums last longer and stay healthier in the long run.

I may stop in, and if I finally manage to get a home connection instead of traveling from library to library, It might be more often.
Krang 07-22-2007 02:30 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Fortnight
If there is a new forum, I wish to pass a note I hope that those who will be running things will take to heart...

DO NOT depend on any one series/subject as a theme. General Purpose forums last longer and stay healthier in the long run.

I agree, it's definitely not a good idea to limit the subject of the forums too much, and I think it would be necessary to expand beyond Big O if we want the new forums to survive. However, if the new forums expand to cover all anime or become a completely general forum that covers everything, there needs to be some kind of theme or unique concept that sets the new forum apart and that you won't find anywhere else. Otherwise, people won't have much of a reason to spend time there as opposed to the many other general anime/general discussion forums that have been around longer and are more active.
Jonny Axehandle 07-22-2007 09:29 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Krang
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Fortnight

I agree, it's definitely not a good idea to limit the subject of the forums too much, and I think it would be necessary to expand beyond Big O if we want the new forums to survive. However, if the new forums expand to cover all anime or become a completely general forum that covers everything, there needs to be some kind of theme or unique concept that sets the new forum apart and that you won't find anywhere else. Otherwise, people won't have much of a reason to spend time there as opposed to the many other general anime/general discussion forums that have been around longer and are more active.

PCF does have a general anime forum and a random forum. We could simply change our slogan to "PCF: Place for anime fans and Big O's little cult following!"

Has anyone considered the possibility of moding the new forums so the MFL is something more than just roleplay? A turn-based battle system written in PHP where you battle your 'duce with someone else's wouldn't be too big of an undertaking if enough people are interested.