Evangelion Live Action Movie? WTF?!?!?

Ace of Spades 07-15-2007 10:01 PM
Apparently Hollywood has gotten so unoriginal they now seek to make a blockbuster by crapping all over cult classic Animes. Whether or not this will make it out of the studio is debatable in my view.

Trailer from Youtube.
Evangelion Live Action Movie Trailer
Darkside 07-15-2007 10:15 PM
Fake. But either way I kinda hope a live-action movie is NOT made. Does the whole world a favor, bad enough the anime's getting a rework.
Sharpshooter005 07-15-2007 10:16 PM
1. Hello and welcome to four years ago, may I take your coat.

2. This is a fake trailer, the tidal wave scene from day after tomorrow (or some similar nonsense) should have clued you in...after all its the very start of the trailer.

quote:
cult classic

Ahahahahahaha...

Yeah Im pretty sure evangelion accurately fits neither of those adjectives.

edit: Well it damn sure dosen't belong anywhere near the word 'classic'..

quote:
bad enough the anime's getting a rework.

Oh you mean like this, or this, and I can't forget about this.

Oh wait I guess thats fine, since its gainax and not those EVIL WESTERN HOLLYWOOD TYPES right?
Big Money 07-15-2007 11:40 PM
Did I just see Agent Smith with a ghetto shopped beard?

No, did I? Seriously, is that what I saw. Someone tell me that's not what I saw.
Generalissimo D 07-15-2007 11:42 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Big Money
Did I just see Agent Smith with a ghetto shopped beard?

No, did I? Seriously, is that what I saw. Someone tell me that's not what I saw.

You saw it.

That was pretty horribly shopped.
Ace of Spades 07-16-2007 12:58 AM
Well its good to know this is one child Hollywood has aborted and chucked off a cliff.

quote:
This is a fake trailer, the tidal wave scene from day after tomorrow (or some similar nonsense) should have clued you in...after all its the very start of the trailer.

Never saw that movie.
Sharpshooter005 07-16-2007 01:00 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Ace of Spades
Never saw that movie.

I turned it off when they were running from CGI wolves and cold air. yes, air of a low temperature. They were being chased by air.
Nine Kuze 07-16-2007 01:35 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Sharpie, remember when I said that Lindsay Lohan reminds me of Asuka Langley Soryu and that you said from that they should cast her as Asuka just to f*** with the fanbase?

If they do an Evangelion picture, I still hope they do this.

Also, I'm not clicking the link. Hatred of YouTube and all. And I hate to admit but Evangelion is kind of a cult classic, with a very loose use of the phrase. And I'm not even sure in the type of good sense either.
Peace.
Sharpshooter005 07-16-2007 02:11 AM
quote:
I hate to admit but Evangelion is kind of a cult classic, with a very loose use of the phrase

Yeah apparrently its initial popularity did come from word of mouth, so I suppose it fits the definition.

Then again "cult classic" is one of those terms which is just thrown about so freely that any concrete meaning is seemingly elusive at best.

quote:
remember when I said that Lindsay Lohan reminds me of Asuka Langley Soryu and that you said from that they should cast her as Asuka just to f*** with the fanbase?

It'd be fairly perfect casting also. I mean if you want someone to play an emotionally shattered, uppity bitch why not find...an emotionally shattered, uppity bitch with even the same hair color.

edit: Also hideako anno is still a hack and I'm fairly certain I could write a better animu in my sleep, with a massive fever, after having downed half a bottle of nyquil, but the fact he apparently just went around after evangelion finished telling the fanbase to "grow up" and calling them repugnant and apparently comparing the internet to graffiti on the wall of a public restroom is pretty LOL.
Darkside 07-16-2007 02:58 AM
quote:

2. This is a fake trailer, the tidal wave scene from day after tomorrow (or some similar nonsense) should have clued you in...after all its the very start of the trailer.

quote:
cult classic

Ahahahahahaha...

Yeah Im pretty sure evangelion accurately fits neither of those adjectives.

edit: Well it damn sure dosen't belong anywhere near the word 'classic'..

quote:
bad enough the anime's getting a rework.

Oh you mean like this, or this, and I can't forget about this.

Oh wait I guess thats fine, since its gainax and not those EVIL WESTERN HOLLYWOOD TYPES right?

No, I mean like Evangelion sucks IMO and I dont see why its labelled as like one of the greatest anime's ever made. I can see what it has going for it but I'd rather rape myself with a cactus then watch the whole series again.
Sharpshooter005 07-16-2007 03:08 AM
...I'm confused, this place is usually fairly straightforward and free of sarcasm.

If you're serious though, I'll one up the cactus sodomy thing, I've often wanted a time machine so I can go back and just savagely beat the 14 year old me who thought the ending was somehow "brilliant", with a baseball bat, while screaming "You insignificant ant. You'll eventually know who tarkovsky is, thats brilliant. Go watch citizen kane six hundred times until you've corrected this massive defect in your thought process"

edit: And screw time paradoxes, if I accidentally off myself in the past..maybe time works on divergent lines, I might still be here, and even more awesome for having offed the past me, who sucked comparatively.

edit 2: Better yet, go back slightly further, and just go "you, fourteen year old me, this thing you've just seen only SEEMS interesting now. You'll grow to loathe it. Heres a dvd, its called serial experiments lain, its even more whacked out than this but not as inane as this crap. Ignore this, pretend you never even saw two seconds of it.". I'd also relate a warning that inuyasha is f***ing trash, and at no point will it ever pull a 180 and just have the only remotely interesting character, sango, ever do anything or really annihilate sh** in a suitably awesome manner. That'd save me some disappointment also.
Nine Kuze 07-16-2007 03:26 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Darkside
No, I mean like Evangelion sucks IMO and I dont see why its labelled as like one of the greatest anime's ever made. I can see what it has going for it but I'd rather rape myself with a cactus then watch the whole series again.

I can see why. I mean, despite its fashion, Evangelion does have a lot of interesting material to work with. Its just the direction (blame Anno as usual), the constant references to Freud and Christianity and the sake of trying to be edgy, weird and depressing for the sake of just being edgy, weird and depressing really work against it in the long run.

quote:
"Go watch citizen kane six hundred times until you've corrected this massive defect in your thought process"

Everyone should do this. And yeah, InuYasha was a f***ing disappointment. It started off so promising too, but then it didn't realize how to end, crammed itself with too many fillers and didn't have the plot detail to last that long of a span anyway.
Peace.
Sharpshooter005 07-17-2007 01:56 AM
quote:
started off so promising too

Debatable. I guess if you totally, totally changed the entire tone and direction of the series it maybe sort of could have been.

quote:
Everyone should do this.

Seriously

quote:
(blame Anno as usual)

The best thing he did in terms of that series was, again, pissing off his idiot fanbase enough to recieve death threats from them, then responding to those by insulting them.

Otherwise he's just some random jackass who guzzled a bottle of prozac while feeling emo and decided he should go make an anime.
Raven 07-17-2007 02:52 AM
It had me for the first 5 or so seconds. Very inconsistant though with the CGI and such.
SEELE 08 07-17-2007 05:09 AM
quote:
The best thing he did in terms of that series was, again, pissing off his idiot fanbase enough to recieve death threats from them, then responding to those by insulting them.

No, no, no that only inspired more fanwankery. Some folks over at Evamonkey.com and animenation forums were pretty damn sure they were hot on the trail of the metaphysical mechanics of 2nd and 3rd impacts. What doesn't kill them....only makes them stronger!
Sharpshooter005 07-17-2007 06:17 AM
quote:
Originally posted by SEELE 08
What doesn't kill them....only makes them stronger!

Fire, and lots of it.

I'm aware of how they operate, fire would work on them
SEELE 08 07-17-2007 08:10 AM
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SEELE 08
What doesn't kill them....only makes them stronger!

Fire, and lots of it.

I'm aware of how they operate, fire would work on them

Do flames count? Because I waged a six month flame war with one of their leaders across three boards.

Also has anyone seen the new trailer for the "Rebuild of Evangelion"? They are totally reanimating it from start to finish.
Trailer is here Trailer at Evamonkey
for anyone who wants to see it.
Ace of Spades 07-17-2007 10:58 AM
quote:
Do flames count?

As the saying goes SEELE. If you can dream it. It can be done. And that includes killing.
seraphjei 07-19-2007 12:06 PM
quote:
Go watch citizen kane six hundred times until you've corrected this massive defect in your thought process

Listen to the man, this statement is 100% true.

Or better yet.

quote:
Heres a dvd, its called serial experiments lain, its even more whacked out than this but not as inane as this crap

I have come to call Evangelion the cheap 10 dollar handjob of philosophical anime. It has all the aspects and elements of an anime that should entertain, excite, and be a pleasure to watch. But instead, it just sucks.

P.S. Shinji is a douche. I hope he asphyxiates to death in rebuild of Evangelion.
The Baker St. Irregular 07-20-2007 10:39 AM
quote:
Originally posted by seraphjei

quote:
Heres a dvd, its called serial experiments lain, its even more whacked out than this but not as inane as this crap

I have come to call Evangelion the cheap 10 dollar handjob of philosophical anime. It has all the aspects and elements of an anime that should entertain, excite, and be a pleasure to watch. But instead, it just sucks.

Agreed.

This stuff got my motor going when I was in ninth grade, but I don't think it could pull through now. I've migrated to better climes (Ghost in the Shell).