First Transformers, now G.I.Joe!

Schoolie 07-11-2007 07:32 PM
No, I haven't heard of any G.I. Joe movie deal yet. But there should be!

Michael Bay's Transformers movie shows people love the 80s and its toy juggernauts. How about the same director for G.I. Joe?

Bay seems to love showing the military in it's super-coolness. This movie would be perfect for him.

Plus, if handled right, the whole Cobra terrorist force could be extremely antagonizing and threatening in today's society.

Here's what I see as a rundown for characters/actors:

Snake-Eyes: Ray Park (Darth Maul)

Roadblock: Michael Clarke Duncan

Duke: ?

Scarlett: ?

Storm Shadow: Jet Li
(bad for the first movie, moving towards good)

Cobra Commander: Hugo Weaving

Baronness: ?

Destro: ?

Plus, there'd be plenty of G.I. Joe cameos, supporting characters, etc, who may have more prominent roles in future films.

So you can see I don't have a match for every character. Please fill in who you think should be in the movie and who should play the part!
Big Money 07-11-2007 09:25 PM
Only on the condition that the movie is like those fake PA things that went around a few years ago.

Also, anything with more Ray Park is a good idea.
Schoolie 07-11-2007 10:17 PM
Yes, just like the Transformers had some wink and nod moments (e.g. "More than meets the eye."), a G.I.Joe movie could celebrate them too.

"And knowing is half the battle."

Or for a more hilarious variety . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-_Sls1Lz...related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zt_KfBaRW...related&search=
Wazpy 07-12-2007 03:22 PM
I don't think now is the time to make a GI Joe movie. You know it's just going to become some bogus anti-Iraq but support the individuals message.

I want GI Joe to be fighting and unexplained and nonsensical terrorist group that somehow opperates within the United States and has a budget rivaling the Army.
Mike 07-12-2007 05:19 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Wazpy
I want GI Joe to be fighting and unexplained and nonsensical terrorist group that somehow opperates within the United States and has a budget rivaling the Army.

the CIA?
Big Money 07-12-2007 06:03 PM
HAY KID, I'M A COMPUTAH. STOP ALL THE DOWNLOWDIN'.
Wazpy 07-12-2007 06:06 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Mike
quote:
Originally posted by Wazpy

the CIA?

It all makes sense now... Cobra is the CIA