DBZ Ocean dubs! Yes!

Sharpshooter005 07-14-2007 01:12 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Inigo Montoya
There have been five or six English Goku voices... I'd have to search for them.
War.


OVER FIVE THOUSAND?
Tickle Tickle 07-14-2007 01:13 PM
quote:
Originally posted by X Prime
What the blue hell was wrong with FUNimation Frieza?


She wasn't Ryusei Nakao.
X Prime 07-14-2007 02:08 PM
In other words, not something anyone with a brain would give a damn about. Gotcha.
Inigo Montoya 07-14-2007 02:28 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Tickle Tickle
quote:
Originally posted by X Prime
What the blue hell was wrong with FUNimation Frieza?


She wasn't Ryusei Nakao.


See? This is something most annoying.

JUST BECAUSE THE VOICE ACTOR IS JAPANESE DOESN'T MAKE THEM GOOD, PEOPLE. LISTEN TO THE ORIGINAL DUB OF BIG O IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE ME.

Japanese actors can suck just as bad as American actors. And many do.
War.
Tickle Tickle 07-14-2007 07:23 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Inigo Montoya
Japanese actors can suck just as bad as American actors. And many do.
War.


But not Ryusei Nakao. Not Ryusei Nakao.
Inigo Montoya 07-14-2007 07:56 PM
I've HEARD the Japanese DBZ dub.

It is not that great. Yeah, Freeza sounded deep and manly, but otherwise he was pretty bland.

Like if the teacher from Ferris Bueler did the voice of Freeza.

"Goku...

Goku...

Goku..."
War.
Big Money 07-14-2007 09:08 PM
Old Vegeta > New Vegeta
Tickle Tickle 07-14-2007 09:13 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Inigo Montoya
*The usual crap*


=/
Inigo Montoya 07-14-2007 10:58 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Tickle Tickle
Idiocy accompanied by a biased weeaboo viewpoint


I'm sorry, I couldn't hear what you said over the sound of your stupidity.

Maybe if you could actually defend the actor, Tickle.
War.
Sharpshooter005 07-15-2007 01:05 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Inigo Montoya
quote:
Originally posted by Tickle Tickle
quote:
Originally posted by X Prime
What the blue hell was wrong with FUNimation Frieza?


She wasn't Ryusei Nakao.


See? This is something most annoying.

JUST BECAUSE THE VOICE ACTOR IS JAPANESE DOESN'T MAKE THEM GOOD, PEOPLE. LISTEN TO THE ORIGINAL DUB OF BIG O IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE ME.

Japanese actors can suck just as bad as American actors. And many do.
War.


I can't answer to this since...the fact you all watch DBZ and enjoy it makes me think the NSA should compile a list of you for some purpose. I'm not sure of the purpose but you need to be watched, I do not trust you.

As far as dubs versus subs though. The only time a dub has ever been offensively awful that I've encountered was the ghost in the shell movie, whoever did the major's voice was on heavy amounts of tranquilizers, its the most flat and awful performance I think I've ever heard or seen in anything.

I didn't watch it with the dubbing turned off, cause frankly I didn't feel like watching it twice, awful voices aside I'd absorbed the plot (which I didn't hate)
Raven 07-15-2007 01:55 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
As far as dubs versus subs though. The only time a dub has ever been offensively awful that I've encountered was the ghost in the shell movie, whoever did the major's voice was on heavy amounts of tranquilizers, its the most flat and awful performance I think I've ever heard or seen in anything.


Oh my God yes. Motoko's VA was just sickening. I wanted to puke when she was describing how it felt when she was under water. If it wasn’t for that and the unnecessary nudity, I might have liked that one a lot more.
Inigo Montoya 07-15-2007 02:15 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Raven
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
As far as dubs versus subs though. The only time a dub has ever been offensively awful that I've encountered was the ghost in the shell movie, whoever did the major's voice was on heavy amounts of tranquilizers, its the most flat and awful performance I think I've ever heard or seen in anything.


Oh my God yes. Motoko's VA was just sickening. I wanted to puke when she was describing how it felt when she was under water. If it wasn’t for that and the unnecessary nudity, I might have liked that one a lot more.


Nudity? Unnecessary? You don't know Shirow's work very well, do you?
War.
LeedtheParti 07-15-2007 02:59 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Inigo Montoya
quote:
Originally posted by Tickle Tickle
Idiocy accompanied by a biased weeaboo viewpoint

The world would be a better place if all the 4channers in the world were lined up and shot.

And you're all wrong. This is the best DBZ dub.
Inigo Montoya 07-15-2007 03:39 AM
That...

I gotta hand it, that is pretty amazing.

Still like FUNimation, but that dub now holds a special place in my heart.
War.
Sharpshooter005 07-15-2007 01:27 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Inigo Montoya
quote:
Originally posted by Raven
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
As far as dubs versus subs though. The only time a dub has ever been offensively awful that I've encountered was the ghost in the shell movie, whoever did the major's voice was on heavy amounts of tranquilizers, its the most flat and awful performance I think I've ever heard or seen in anything.


Oh my God yes. Motoko's VA was just sickening. I wanted to puke when she was describing how it felt when she was under water. If it wasn’t for that and the unnecessary nudity, I might have liked that one a lot more.


Nudity? Unnecessary? You don't know Shirow's work very well, do you?
War.


Yeah from my understanding that...was just sort of how all that guys work ends up.
Raven 07-15-2007 03:38 PM
I was just saying there was a lot more nudity compared to the series and SSS. I never saw the second one so I can't comment on that. At least they cut the orgies out for the anime though.
Inigo Montoya 07-15-2007 04:06 PM
The series had a lot less nudity because they designed SAC to be released in the states, thus limiting what Shirow was allowed to do.

He still had the Major run around in lingerie for half the series, though. That was even hotter than blatant nudity. And he got away with it for some reason.
War.
Sharpshooter005 07-17-2007 03:26 AM
I apparently didn't mention this on here.

The scenes where the major was wearing a full uniform with medals and all, I think this was in season 2 maybe it was season 1, and it was only in a couple of scenes.

That was somehow even hotter than the season 1 bathing suit and jacket thing, it just was

quote:
The series had a lot less nudity because they designed SAC to be released in the states


Thats still totally negated by how f***ING AWESOME it was. It's literally the only animu ever which can do wordy, drawn out dialogue and have it not suck, and then seemlessly transition into totally badass sh** (I knew I'd love this show when the very first scene of the first episode involved the major blasting a guys foot off, somewhat graphically, then basically saying "Oh f*** your rights, you're a criminal". That was wonderful)
Hollow XXVI 07-18-2007 06:44 PM
Maybe I came in at the wrong time but the little I saw of it nearly put me to sleep, yeah.
Bllue 07-20-2007 01:15 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Inigo Montoya
JUST BECAUSE THE VOICE ACTOR IS JAPANESE DOESN'T MAKE THEM GOOD, PEOPLE. LISTEN TO THE ORIGINAL DUB OF BIG O IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE ME.

Japanese actors can suck just as bad as American actors. And many do.
War.


I actually agree with this. the japanese aren`t as careful about timing the mouth movements as much as those american/canadians do.