Noein

Valdoom 06-27-2007 09:14 AM
I noticed there wasn't a topic for this So I decided to start one.

Has anyone here been watching scifi's Ani-Mondays? I was surprised to not see some kind of discussion. Anyway, I'm really like Noein because they are throwing out a bunch of interesting questions, and it's only the second episode. The Main characters seem solid so far, but it is the second episode.

...Is anyone else watching this?
Sharpshooter005 06-27-2007 07:22 PM
quote:
Has anyone here been watching scifi's Ani-Mondays?

I want to viscerally stab whoever concieved of those little bumps with the "ME RIKEY FRIED LICE" sounding voiceover.

quote:
they are throwing out a bunch of interesting questions

Watch, it'll probably just end up being weird for the sake of weird.
Nine Kuze 06-27-2007 09:10 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
quote:
Has anyone here been watching scifi's Ani-Mondays?

I want to viscerally stab whoever concieved of those little bumps with the "ME RIKEY FRIED LICE" sounding voiceover.

DAMN IT MAN, SHE'S YOUR SISTER!

I agree wholeheartedly on this front.

And damn it, I forgot about the whole Sci-Fi anime thing (Monday wasn't a good day... CRIPPLER! ;_; ) but the series sounds interesting enough.

quote:

Dear God, this isn't... isn't another Evangelion is it?
Peace.
Sharpshooter005 06-28-2007 03:15 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
quote:

Dear God, this isn't... isn't another Evangelion is it?
Peace.

At no point have I really felt like putting a bullet into my television screen while watching it.

So no, so far it isnt
Schoolie 06-28-2007 07:03 PM
I caught the first episode - seemed interesting (a ghost story with much more to it) and fun (school friends out on a Scooby-Dooish ghost-hunt walk).

I missed the second episode. Can someone give me a recap?
Sharpshooter005 06-29-2007 09:12 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Schoolie
(school friends out on a Scooby-Dooish ghost-hunt walk).

Yeah I'm really, really hoping this was just sort of a one-time thing

I'm not putting up with this show if it insists on veering from "sort of interesting and mysterious" to "The writers smoked alot of pot while watching hanna barbara cartoons, when they woke up the next morning the script was just sort of sitting there" "

edit: Also. Dear whoever came up with tokko.

When the first five minutes of your show is an incest gag you'd literally better have somehow then made up for this with the best idea and implementation of said idea EVER in a later episode or else you've failed horribly. So far? Not seeing it going that way..
Sharpshooter005 07-23-2007 10:09 PM
Update:

This seems to have veered away from scooby doo-esque sh** that was the first two episodes. So I guess its...kind of okay, maybe.

Also tokko is still complete trash but I think the production team just sort of went "yeah f*** it this is trashy so lets make it violent". It's entertaining in...if you just leave it on in the background, and basically ignore it, and then turn your head and theres some monster getting sliced into oblivion. It's entertaining in that respect, it's background noise.

The incest thing in the first episode didn't ever resurge.

Also this street fighter thing they're airing in this block now...I watched like 2 minutes of it, it seemed like a "IMMA CHARGIN MAH ATTACK FOR 40 MINUTEZ" sort of animu. So I didn't watch it and don't give a flying f*** about it even if any of you say its good, sorry, it's not my kind of good.

edit: Overall, because both noein and tokko are on at 11/11:30...if I had to reccomend something, you should probably just go watch the daily show and more specifically the colbert report. They're better

edit 2: Also hilariously enough, apparently they decided it'd be cool to use the name tokko for the series, when there actually was a group named tokko, and it was an organization which was pretty much equivilent to the gestapo. Yeah...what the hell really.