What gundam am I thinking of?

King_Panther13 06-23-2007 08:00 AM
Hello, long time lurker here, and I apologize that my first post has to be something as stupid as this....but I've had this on my mind for a while, and it's driving me crazy...I remember when I was younger watching a gundam series that had a red suit with two cannons on its shoulders, and I remember it fighting mostly in space....that's all I remember, and I've been trying to figure out which series this is....the main character didn't pilot that suit, it was one of his friends...and I think he piloted a normal gundam. I also remember one of the guntank type things, except not all bland...pained the white/yellow/blue/red colors of the normal gundams, though it was on land, and may not have been in the same series.

Thank you for your help in getting this off my mind Smile .
Wingnut 06-23-2007 09:53 AM
You are thinking of the original Gundam series here, and the mech in question is the RX-77 Guncannon, piloted by Kai Shiden.
That guntank type thing was indeed its name and it showed up in the same series, the RX-75 Guntank.

You were likely watching CN's airing of the original Mobile Suit Gundam back in 2001. It was cut a few episodes short due to 9/11 and only aired up to the Battle of Solomon.
Inigo Montoya 06-23-2007 10:39 AM
Good show, though. The Guntank showed up again, however, in Gundam MS 08th Platoon, so... perhaps he is thinking of that? I know it wasn't the RX-75, but still, it was definitely a Guntank.
War.
King_Panther13 06-23-2007 11:17 AM
Ahh, I never thought it would be the original...yeah that's definitely it, and I remember watching it on CN....

I thought at first it was MS team, but I did a bit of research, and figured it wasn't that...especially from seeing the end theme on Youtube, as I remembered the end theme to original wasn't only on just one person.

Thanks for the help, you just cured quite a bit of headache Smile .