Fallout 3 teaser

Sharpshooter005 06-05-2007 11:00 PM
Official fallout 3 site

Or this

Neat, they managed to get "I don't want to set the world on fire", when fallout 1 was made that was what they wanted for the opening theme, but they couldn't get the rights
The Ghost of Ember 06-05-2007 11:46 PM
Ah snap! I was following this so faithfully and then I got Odin Sphere and completely forgot! Right. Well, after downloading the thing I've got to say I'm not terribly moved in any direction. It's clear they're at least hitting the atmosphere of Fallout right, and the graphics are impressive, but that was never what I was concerned about. Actual game play footage, please! Oh well. Might have to upgrade my PC for this, since supposedly that trailer was in fact rendered by the actual games engine.

Here's hoping they can replicate the dialog and story of Fallout as well as they have the atmosphere. Dialog hasn't exactly been Bethesda's strong point the past few games. I saw a rad scorpion the other day. Disgusting Creatures.
Sharpshooter005 06-06-2007 12:27 AM
quote:
Actual game play footage, please!

Teasers never really do this so...I wasn't surprised.

Next month/late this month I'd expect to see more. Alot of gaming magazines seem to be hyping huge sections on FO3 for their next issues

edit: Also, I never played oblivion or whatever. Apparently though the lead designer for this is responsible for one of the parts that most people who played oblivion said was like one of the best. The...dark brotherhood(?) subplot or whatever, I think it was?

edit 2: Even if this does suck, the setting alone makes it...automatically get points, I guess
Sharpshooter005 06-15-2007 06:21 PM
10 days until gameinformer with info on the game itself comes out. Though bethesdas pretty much legally obligated to remain mum until then, information has apparently leaked, and is on their forums.
The Ghost of Ember 06-15-2007 10:54 PM
No Mutants Allowed also has the scans. Oblivion with guns regarding the camera and overall play style seems confirmed, albeit with special and the like. They're promising better dialog and whatnot, but we'll see if they deliver. The VATS system seems to be an attempt to appease the turn based crowd, but is largely pointless and is more or less Real Time with Pause. They're promising a more Fallout style delivery, with things changing with your choices, as opposed to the Morrowind style where you can be everything to everybody.

At least the atmosphere seems mostly intact. Bloody messes and fifties look and all that. The whole drinking thing has kind of thrown me through a loop, but it might seem more intuitive from within the game. The introduction also seems bizarre, and I've got to wonder how they're going to manage the age gaps.

I'm still cautiously optimistic.
Sharpshooter005 06-16-2007 02:45 AM
quote:
Oblivion with guns

I never played oblivion, but...yeah I hear apparently "OBLIVION WITH GUNS U GUYZ" is an NMA catchphrase. And their forum is seriously one of the stupidest fanbases I've ever come across (some of them hate the preview screens because the vault jumpsuit isnt skin-tight.) ...so...

Someones going to need to explain to me how oblivion is similar to this VATS thing or what about it should worry me.

quote:
The VATS system seems to be an attempt to appease the turn based crowd, but is largely pointless and is more or less Real Time with Pause.

I'm completely withholding judgement on this until I see a better explanation because I honestly only THINK I grasp what they're saying its going to be from how that article detailed it.

Keep in mind, I own fallout tactics also (and I didn't hate it that much either, gasp, shock) and I'm...I'm ASSUMING that it's maybe slightly like the continuous turn-based thing. Except it dosen't even sound terribly similar to THAT.

What I'm guessing it is, will be "aimed shot, then run, if you keep shooting it takes longer to muster up the APs for another aimed shot".

quote:
The whole drinking thing has kind of thrown me through a loop

Actually this may be my favorite part. For a game where the setting seems so given to "radiation is bad, you want to avoid it", you could pretty much get irradiated and just walk around without a care in the world for the most part in the last two. I'd rather have this game be less about acquiring PHAT LEWTZ and more about...yeah, not dying in some irradiated hellscape.

edit: I've even come to terms with the "handheld nuclear catapult" which...yeah..I wouldn't be surprised if the author interpreted what they saw as that, thought it sounded neat, and it winds up being something very different.

edit 2: Please, please let the 'pipboy radio' thing function like the one in GTA. I'd dearly love to blast a mutants eye out while a louis armstrong or ink spots song is playing in the background. That alone might sell me completely on this.