The Madness of a Baseball Manager

Mr. Peabody 06-04-2007 05:07 PM
On June 1st of last week, Phillip Wellman, manager of the Mississippi Braves, a Southern League baseball team, was ejected from a game after arguing a call. Wellman suddenly threw a shocking and humorous tantrum, highlighted by his imitation of a soldier throwing a grenade; in this case it was a rosin bag thrown at an umpire!

The incident was broadcasted by sports programs across the U.S. Wellman has been given a three day suspension, effective June 4th.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4Y2fFsNN...related&search=
Nine Kuze 06-06-2007 01:20 AM
Not touching the YouTube, but recently in the Majors and the minors, there have been a number of managers that have been going buckwild and are getting suspended because of it. There's one I think that's been suspended indefinately.

Also Peabody, why do you hate my Sports Hustle thread so? I'm just saying that this should go there is all.
Peace.
Hollow XXVI 06-06-2007 07:40 AM
And this is only a sliver of the reason I hate baseball. Boy that grenade thing was hilarious though.
Mr. Peabody 06-06-2007 06:22 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Hollow XXVI
Boy that grenade thing was hilarious though.

I wondered what that was about the first time I saw it on the news. When I saw the clip in its entirety I realized he was imitating a soldier sneaking up on an enemy, then throwing the grenade. You've got to give him credit for originality. Laughing