Blizzard Announces... Starcraft 2!!

Big Money 05-19-2007 10:33 PM
Edit: After careful review of the gameplay videos, I've determined that I'm going to play the living sh** out of this game, as per my original statement.
seraphjei 05-20-2007 01:34 AM
My girlfriend is going to have a hard, hard, hard time after this game is released.
Dangerous 05-20-2007 06:01 AM
And now, all post the suggestions.

PLEASE IF THERE IS A FAN OF STARCRAFT WHO CAN WRITE IN BATTLE.NET FOR ME, because i have no access there.

Here are some suggestions :

- Four races : the three ones plus the Xel'Nagas or the Zerg-Protoss Hybrids. Maybe there will be three races in the official expansion set of this future game.

- two gameplays : "classic" strategy game + intergalactic wars in the space between the air untis. Like in Star Wars or Homeworld 2. For the ressources in the space ? I thought to 'flying SCVs'. Blizzard said they will upgrades the classic units. Some ones. They will fly and take the ressources from the destroyed vessels. Like in Homeworld 2. And maybe there can be 'flying' Khaydarin cristals. In the space. I don't mean that SC2 must be a total space war, I just mean blizzard should add this gameplay. In SC1 and Brood War there were already two gameplays : the classic "build and destroy" way, and the installations : you start with units, and they must survive in fighting in spacial installations.

Please if those suggestions interest someone, just post them in battle.net
The Ghost of Ember 05-21-2007 03:30 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Ender von Hellsing
About freakin' time they made it. I knew that Jimmy hadn't had his last word Wink .

Of course not, 'cause he doesn't let anyone talk down to him, not even the protoss.

Man, my nerd level just jumped ten points.

quote:
Originally posted by Mike
I agree with Ember about the heroes. I didn't really like the RPGification of Warcraft 3. And I sucked even worse at that.

According to one of the press releases, I think the one on Gamespot, they're not having a Mother ship-like unit for each race. So we dodged a bullet there. It seems like they're taking everything about Starcraft and pushing it to the extreme. The Mother ship more or less being the ultimate expression of the Protoss Friggin' Expensive and Time Consuming to Build but Powerful paradigm.

Gonna be hard to balance though, the Nukes might be the Terran counter though, because from the trailer it looks like they take barely as much time to drop. Nukes in the original Starcraft where only good at damaging bases because of how long it took one to arrive after initial painting by a Ghost. The enemy army would be gone by the time it hit.

quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
Also fallout 3 but thats been known about a while

I'm somewhat wary about Fallout Three. A lot of Diehard fans are freaking out at the possibility of losing the Isometric Turn-Based Combat system, but while it had it's good points it was also terribly flawed and I can live without it. This is not why I am wary. I'm also pretty sure they can nail the atmosphere as well, because while Oblivion came off as pretty generic, atmosphere has been one of the strongest points of the Morrowind series.

What I am wary about is the dialog and npc's, especially the dialog. It was one of Fallout's Strength's, and more importantly, one of the area's where Bethesda has fallen short more often than not. I'm not sure if they can break free from that.

I've never played the Deus Ex series, but I'm told that it was done by the same people who did the System Shock games, so I'll have to check it out. Speaking of which, EA is supposedly working on a third one. Though, I daresay whatever they produce will pale in comparison to BioShock.
Dangerous 05-21-2007 07:59 AM
this is the link to the Official Artwork Cinematic

Official Artwork Trailer

And here is the link to the Official SC2 trailer

The Official Starcraft 2 Trailer !