More New Anime on TV/net this Summer (GitS: SSS, and more)

Paradigm Dog 05-10-2007 11:43 PM
Source: Animenewsnetwork.com

AOL: As of May 2nd, "Bubblegum Crisis" is showing free on AOL's In2TV online programming.

FUSE Channel: Friday June 8th, Geneon's "Ergo Proxy" and "Tenjho Tenge" start.

SciFi Channel: AniMondays start Monday, June 11, with "Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex: Solid State Society" (movie), "Noein," and "Tokko." "Macross Plus," "Blood: the Last Vampire" (movie), "Street Fighter II V" and other Manga Video titles reported to follow.

UPDATE: "Highlander: The Search for Vengeance" anime (from the makers of Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust) airs on Sci-Fi on July 30 at 11:00 p.m. Also, the "Street Fighter II V" television series airs at midnight after "Macross Plus" finishes airing in that weekly timeslot on July 9.

Cartoon Network: Expands its Adult Swim block into Friday evenings with unspecified programming on July 6. (maybe anime, maybe not).
Nine Kuze 05-11-2007 01:41 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Paradigm Dog
SciFi Channel: AniMondays start Monday, June 11, with "Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex: Solid State Society" (movie), "Noein," and "Tokko." "Macross Plus," "Blood: the Last Vampire" (movie), "Street Fighter II V" and other Manga Video titles reported to follow.

Cartoon Network: Expands its Adult Swim block into Friday evenings with unspecified programming on July 6. (maybe anime, maybe not).

Holy hell, yes. I've been meaning to watch Solid State Society and SciFi will actually have something good on for me, other than WWE's ECW.

And as far as [adult swim] goes, that would be cool and stragetically the right move for them to do in bringing in more anime on Fridays. But since I like I said that makes sense, its probably likely they won't do it then. If they did, I wonder what anime they'd bring in (Noir, dammit).
Peace.
The Baker St. Irregular 05-11-2007 07:03 AM
*foams at the mouth at the mention of SSS*

Arghblarggargh!

Nah, I'm holding out for the special edition DVD. Drooling
Sharpshooter005 05-11-2007 08:25 AM
quote:

Theres a bunch of pilots they're going to air soon, maybe if they get picked up (or already are, I dont know) thats where they'll stick them
Scourge 05-11-2007 06:14 PM
A little OT but I hope AS will finally pick up Korgoth of Barbaria.
Sharpshooter005 05-11-2007 06:54 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Scourge
A little OT but I hope AS will finally pick up Gorgoth of Barbaria.

Korgoth.

And I doubt it. Then again...honestly I don't know how long I'd be fond of it if it did become a series. I mean okay, I get it, it's 30 minutes of a guy killing people and the internet loves it. This was also the rationale why 300 was apparently the BE ALL AND END ALL of cinema, and I have zero interest in it.

It was animated nicely though. Who knows, for a long while they weren't showing any signs of picking up Lucy: Daughter of the Devil, and apparently now its getting a full season.
Scourge 05-12-2007 08:40 AM
Well AS currently own the rights to Korgoth, they're just sitting on it. It is just a manner of actually doing something with it.
Mr. Fortnight 05-16-2007 07:37 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Paradigm Dog
...SciFi Channel: AniMondays start Monday, June 11, with "Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex: Solid State Society" (movie), "Noein," and "Tokko." "Macross Plus," "Blood: the Last Vampire" (movie), "Street Fighter II V" and other Manga Video titles reported to follow...

I will hold my breath.

SciFi Channel showing Anime is a sad thing. Last time they did, it was butchered all to heck and back. (Blood will be made an example of, mark my words!)

Also, if Manga Video is bankrolling their supply, I predict the ROD OVA will show up.

And isn't Solid State a TV series?

Finally: Fuse showing something other than Music Videos? So, the last music network that showed music videos all day finally sells out. I don't care if it's anime. Fuse is dead to me. Like MTV (et al...) and VH1.

Edit: You know, AS Fridays... there could be a remote possibility that G4TECHTV's former anime programming might show up... But that is as likely a situation as G4 actually being good.

Second Edit: ROD has been confirmed.
Nine Kuze 05-16-2007 09:08 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Fortnight
And isn't Solid State a TV series?

When will you people learn? Its a film after the Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG season.
Peace.
Sharpshooter005 05-17-2007 03:17 PM
quote:
(Noir, dammit).

ADV has the rights and has their own like...pay-per-view, on demand style deal set up. So noir and madlax are covered under that.

Which sucks, I know. I wish whatever company owned the rights to tripe like trinity blood had an on demand service so this stuff would just be sequestered far, far the hell away from where I'd ever need to deal with it.

Serial Experiments Lain I'd still like to see aired. Alot of people apparently saw paranoia agent and went "wow, an anime that isn't overwrought dialogue and katanas. This is different, I like this". Lain is...pretty similar, it's sort of a mystery with some weird surreal elements.

quote:
there could be a remote possibility that G4TECHTV's former anime programming might show up

G4 from all I hear...I can't see them not being desperate for money. I've heard apparently alot of cable companies want to drop it since if you're a network who bills yourself as a specialty channel then veers almost completely from that, and it's not a total retooling like what spike did when it changed from being TNN, this is apparently an issue...also aren't their ratings in the toilet? Last I heard they were billing themselves as the "#1 podcasted network", and this whole web2.0 drivel seems like the last resort of the doomed

I dont know if they're selling the rights or whatever to air..whatever the hell it was they had. Wait wasn't...didn't THEY have the rights to serial experiments lain? Or something else the company that holds the rights to it also has the rights to?
Sharpshooter005 07-12-2007 03:32 PM
quote:
"Ergo Proxy"

I saw this last night, and had no idea what the f*** I'd just stumbled onto (nor why my remote control then mysteriously had its batteries die immidiately). I don't get if they're ALL robots or its just SOME of them or why its some post-apocalyptic landscape, or why that one chick has enough eyeshadow caked on to pass for a racoon in the right context. It passed whats quickly become my litmus test for anime, which is "after five minutes if it dosen't make me want to just throw a lamp at the screen, it might be okay" so thats something.

I dont even know when its really on though so I'll likely never see it again
Sharpshooter005 07-13-2007 05:36 PM
Oh, cool, apparently its only aired once, at midnight, tonight.

So yeah, that was...an interesting 2 episodes I saw (unless they do some bi-weekly rerun crap...at like 1 am on some day I forget, Im not looking it up, too much effort for something I still have no real opinion on. Unless theres some easy to navigate listing somewhere) and I'll remember them..sort of fondly maybe?