Due to breaking numerous youtube comment chain letters

Sharpshooter005 05-09-2007 12:37 PM
I now spend the majority of my daily life attempting to avoid legions of mutilated, spectral children. Each one attempting to relay the grizzly accounts of their passing from this mortal coil, each one screaming in an endless symphony of torment.

They demand, with no regard for my schedule, or how my day is going, that I transcribe their plight on as many crudely made AMVs as I can, as this is their only escape from the horrifying limbo they exist within. Quite frankly if they were this inconsiderate during their lives then its little surprise they were murdered.

I just figured I'd share this part of my life with all of you. One just gurgled a blackish fluid from its slit throat onto my arm, I suppose this shirt is ruined now.
Nine Kuze 05-09-2007 12:58 PM
...see, its sh** like this. One of, if not THE, reasons that I stopped going to YouTube.

Also, those godawful comments...
Peace.
The Ghost of Ember 05-09-2007 03:55 PM
A Ghost named Ember or something who died in the nineteen seventies before the interweb was invented but still somehow haunts it. So post this in nine threads or your mom will die in one hour. OH YAH PLZ DUN READ THIS AFTER YOU ALREADY HAVE.

*Insert optional ascii art of the Finger here*
The Baker St. Irregular 05-09-2007 04:02 PM
Like the jail square on a Monopoly board, YouTube is best when "just visiting".
Mike 05-09-2007 04:20 PM
This is why I just completely ignore the comments now.

And I search for specific things, like "Challenger Burnout" or "Desert Eagle Watermelon."

Although I believe that the chain letters are an elaborate way to cull the human herd. anyone who actually posts it on 10 videos is immediately hunted down by both the CIA and ninjas and sterilized.
Chitter-Box-Kat 05-09-2007 04:32 PM
I hate those little buggers in the comments. HOW CAN ANYONE BELIEVE IN THOSE THINGS?! This is why I ignore the comments altogether nowadays. Oh Well
Sharpshooter005 05-09-2007 05:15 PM
quote:
HOW CAN ANYONE BELIEVE IN THOSE THINGS?

Ask my dry cleaner. The bile of a tormented soul is really hard to get out without it leaving a stain.
Jonny Axehandle 05-09-2007 11:41 PM
PLEASE DON'T READ THIS

You will see a chain message today. If you don't copy it several times over, you will see more.

^Seriously, what started this whole trend? I can't go a day without seeing one unless I don't go to YouTube.
Buck Buck #1 05-10-2007 12:42 AM
Wait. You people actually read the comments on Youtube? Why?
Mr. Fortnight 05-10-2007 02:04 AM
It's entertaining.

And chain letters (a.k.a spam) don't hold power if you deny them.
Wingnut 05-10-2007 01:39 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Fortnight
It's entertaining.

And chain letters (a.k.a spam) don't hold power if you deny them.
Especially when logged in as you can mark them as spam and they will soon go away. I am so glad they put that button in.
Big Money 05-10-2007 05:21 PM
Hay guys, I just tried this its really cool, if you press Alt and F4 at the same time then you'll see the name of your true love!
Nine Kuze 05-10-2007 05:22 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Big Money
Hay guys, I just tried this its really cool, if you press Alt and F4 at the same time then you'll see the name of your true love!

*presses Alt+F4*

Hey, wait a tick. That doesn't show your true love's name, that-
Peace.
Hollow XXVI 05-11-2007 09:49 PM
YES IT DOES, MINE SAYS--
Fujiko 05-15-2007 04:07 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Jonny Axehandle
PLEASE DON'T READ THIS

You will see a chain message today. If you don't copy it several times over, you will see more.

^Seriously, what started this whole trend? I can't go a day without seeing one unless I don't go to YouTube.

Chain letters are, quite literally, older than the intrawebs.
Buck Buck #1 05-15-2007 10:24 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Fujiko
quote:
PLEASE DON'T READ THIS

Chain letters are, quite literally, older than the intrawebs.

Yeah except before you actually had to, you know, mail them out, not just copy and paste it thirty times. But they still sucked and every one hated them.
Inigo Montoya 05-15-2007 10:33 AM
Indeed people did. But now the internet has allowed them to become even more populous and irritating than ever! Really, someone should fix that.
War.
Mike 05-15-2007 10:47 AM
quote:
Originally posted by The Dungeon Master
Indeed people did. But now the internet has allowed them to become even more populous and irritating than ever! Really, someone should fix that.
War.

Blood sport. That'll fix it quick.
Jonny Axehandle 06-03-2007 08:36 PM
quote:
I am naked in front of my computer. If you do not send this to at least 5 videos in the next 30 min. your mom will die in a car accident.

I just found this chain message. I don't know if this person is a comic genius or just out of ideas.
Wingnut 06-04-2007 01:07 PM
quote:
quote:
I am naked in front of my computer. If you do not send this to at least 5 videos in the next 30 min. your mom will die in a car accident.

I just found this chain message. I don't know if this person is a comic genius or just out of ideas.
I'd say both as they were likely out of ideas and grasping at random ideas, and by a stroke of luck it came out as amusing.