Satoshi Kon Interview

The Baker St. Irregular 05-07-2007 05:46 PM
Recently, I've come to deeply admire the directing style of Satoshi Kon, so I want to post this interview he had with a Brazilian blogger. He talks about his inspirations, plans, and also a few lessons for the aspiring artist. Definitely worth a peek! Wink
Nine Kuze 05-11-2007 02:28 AM
Kon's a pretty good director in animation and this was cool to read. Just that it seems kind of random to be giving interviews with bloggers like this and just. Grrr... bloggers.

And I heard his latest project, "Paprika", kicks ass and is damn good. I'd love to see it, from watching Paranoia Agent and his other brief work, Satoshi Kon is definetly an interesting director.
Peace.
Nine Kuze 05-22-2007 11:16 PM
Found this and I'm sticking it here if anybody is interested in Satoshi Kon.

He spoke to Comingsoon.net about his new film Paprika here, which is a return for Kon to the fantasy realm of anime.

Also, I'm hearing that Paprika is one of the best works of anime out this year so yeah. It sounds good.
Peace.
The Baker St. Irregular 05-23-2007 09:17 AM
I'm about ready to go crazy unless I see this movie for myself.

*twitches*

New York Times jumped on the bandwagon and has interviewed Mister Kon, too! I seriously can't enough of this guy.
The_Big_G 05-27-2007 05:30 AM
The film was stunning visually, and had a distinctive style similar to Paranoia Agent.

A definite must-see for any anime fan.

The story didn't turn out to be as eerie and disturbing as I expected it to be. I also expected a lot more exploration of dream imagery or psychology woven into the images. The film is mild enough for kids, but made for adults.