Hitman (2007)

paul1290 05-01-2007 07:56 PM
The movie adaptation of the Hitman series is set to be released by October 12, 2007.

Vin Diesel will no longer be playing Agent 47. Timothy Olyphant will be playing the role instead.

Filming has already begun in Bulgaria. Other locations will include South Africa, St. Petersburg, and London.

The script has already been reviewed by at least 2 different people and both have given it outstanding marks.

Script review by BatteriesNotIncluded

Script review at Latinoreview.com

quote:
Some bits from the Latinoreview.com script review:
"Even though most video games movies have been downright corny, that is absolutely not the case here. Hitman stands on it's own merits as a testosterone laced action packed thriller while being faithful to it's video game origins."

"The Hitman games are all about cleverness and the script is overwhelmingly clever and intelligent. That is the biggest thing the page-turner of a script has going for it, it's cleverness and intelligence, hence why it gets an A."

So far so good. In my opinion Hitman is one of the few games that would make a good movie. I sure hope they don't screw this up.
Sharpshooter005 05-01-2007 08:48 PM
quote:
Timothy Olyphant will be playing the role instead.

Honestly I was only mildly interested in this movie until I heard this. Then again I really, really liked deadwood (which is the only role of his I'm familiar with.)