Its a shame the forums dont work more like real life...

re-animate 04-27-2007 03:35 PM
You know, stuff like:

Citizens arrest.

Age of Consent

The Hallucinogenic Properties of Multiple Substances.

Rollar Coasters.

Murder.

... And plenty of other things that would be neat if they could be incorperated into the forums...

Also, another neat thing about real life that i miss in the forums is the fact that stupid little kids arent as annoying. Im not p-p-p-pointing a-a-a-anyone out here... However I could see where a citizens arrest function could come into good use in those instances on the forums.

So yeah, ITT post about things in real life that would rock if it could be incorporated into a forum/website. And add some meat to your post! say why or why not it could be possible, and so forth!

~Roan

Edit: Spelling -_-
The Ghost of Ember 04-27-2007 05:01 PM
quote:
Originally posted by re-animate
Im not p-p-p-pointing a-a-a-anyone out here...

W-w-w-ork-i-i-ng on y-y-you're SHODAN impress-i-i-on, insect?

I think the idea of 'Citizen's Arrest' for forums is problematic at best. Putting it in the hands of all results in g-g-g-griefers using it to enchant their own c-c-c-crimes. Citizen's arrest becomes kidnapping. Putting it in the hands of a few and you have the exact same system we've had for ages; Mods/Police. Putting it the hands of a much wider, if more specialized group of older members results in people holding off their on their g-g-g-griefing until they have such abilities, and or the more specialized group clamoring for more and more privileges and involvements. Which either results in a bloated, immobile staff or dissatisfied members who feel they were passed over for 'promotion' when they contributing the the 'police.'

I could totally go for Hallucinogens though.
Inigo Montoya 04-27-2007 06:42 PM
Old Testament justice, totally. Or just my justice, where I beat people with sticks. And by sticks, I mean the trunks of California redwoods.
War.
Sharpshooter005 04-27-2007 09:06 PM
quote:
Im not p-p-p-pointing a-a-a-anyone out here... However I could see where a vigilante mob could come into good use in those instances on the forums.

I'm not even dancing around the issue, I want to see a tree festooned with hanging corpses.
Hienrich Ele 04-27-2007 11:37 PM
Not necessarily in regards to forums, but remember Pokemon? Remember how you'd get to the elite 4 in Red and/or blue, and you'd only have you level 99 Bulbasaur, Charizard, or Blastoise with you, cause you never bothered to train any other one, cause you didn't need them.

And you would get to the last guy, guns-a-blazing, and you'd try to finish him off, but, alas, you ran out of Power Points, and you wanted to strangle that Pokemon?

Yeah, I wish I could strangle people/Pokemon. That'd be awesome.
Sharpshooter005 04-28-2007 01:26 PM
The one time I played the pokemon I kept renaming all of them after resident evil monsters.

So it'd be like..."tyrant-002 attacks charizard for full damage". Except sadly this didnt trigger some easter egg where the enemies turned into zombies
Hollow XXVI 05-04-2007 05:19 AM
I am SHODAN.

I am in your internets.
Capt. Quekolis 05-04-2007 11:58 PM
Ive tried to think of a reply but seriously I cant.