Opening to Big O movie if there was to be one

FatFrank 04-27-2007 12:36 AM
Not sure if anyone has discussed this already, but what would you imagine the opening scene/sequence/score to be for a Big-O movie?

-Would it be something like Roger ending a battle with a Megadeuce.

-Small hints to something far greater such as Paradigm City's past.

-Something really cool like an opening to James Bond?

Any ideas?
Ollen70 04-27-2007 01:26 AM
I'd want something like the opening to episode 14, with little bits of dialogue underneath an awesome classical piece. Something familiar to the Big O, something we know and love.
Revolver 04-27-2007 07:45 PM
Pre-opening credits, eh, I dunno. The ending of megadeus battle would work well, if you keep Big O in shadow. Then again, the first bits of episode 1 with Dorothy introduced would trasnslate well, and introduce several of our major players in one scene (just as it did in the show).

The opening credits should be a new recording of Stoning, though. It's already just long enough to be credit length, and is just a really good piece of music.
Generalissimo D 04-27-2007 07:58 PM
I recently had the audacity to think of making a movie that opened with no noise other than Neptune, The Mystic (from The Planets Suite by Gustav Holst).

Could work for Roger snooping around.
Nazrael 04-27-2007 08:22 PM
A rainy swooping shot of Paradigm.
Jim Starluck 04-27-2007 08:24 PM
The best way to do it would be the way it was done in Act 1. Roger driving through Paradigm City, narrating, while "Brick Ballades" plays in the background.
Sharpshooter005 04-27-2007 09:37 PM
Ripoff the opening of sunset boulevard.
Nine Kuze 04-28-2007 02:07 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
Ripoff the opening of sunset boulevard.

You know that shot in Act 26 with the alternate Roger dead in the Big O when the actual Roger was drowning with the flashback of memories?

Alright, do that and then have Roger narrate the events that lead him that scene of this death. Involving a taboo relationship with an older, demented woman, trying to write a screenplay and falling in love with an another woman to boot.

Yeah, this could work damn well.
Peace.
Capt. Quekolis 05-02-2007 12:30 PM
How about a quiet shot of the city with different shots of the buildings and architecture then you hear a faint air raid siren that gets louder as the voices of military police officers can be heard over the radio telling people to evacuate a dome. Then show Roger battling another megadeus, then after the fight sequence is over then have him narrate who he is and where theyre at, while driving like in episode 1.
Mattartist 05-12-2007 02:27 PM
Although it'll be REALLY hard to top your idea, Nine XXVI, I have an idea...

Let's face it, a lot of people still think the most dominant understanding of what The Big O is, is well, something you don't usually put on a board that kids might read... Shocked Yeah.

SO! Here's what I think: It basically shows with a lot of fog and such the events of, well, the EVENT! The images we all think of when we're trying to figure out HOW everybody and their kitchen sink forgot who they were, they would be depicted. Then, it would show this really cool intro sequence that would show the city, and much of it is relatively normal, until you see the domes, cue audience giving a unanimous "HUH?!?".
Then the camera nose dives through an open manhole, and under the streets, like if you were tied to the front of the large train that carries Big O, deep down, until it connected with, amazingly, a great body of water, then showing the city underwater.
Then the camera goes further downward, and reveals, TADA! the crazy big machinery below the city that Roger experiences in Act 26.

Then, the logo. Go to black.

I might actually draw this as a storyboard, damn. Cool
?? Well? Big Grin
paul1290 05-17-2007 03:45 PM
1. A bird's eye view of Paradigm City.

2. Dorothy walking alone on a sidewalk interrupted by the following short scenes 5 seconds apart:
-A close up of Roger's watch on a table and Roger's hand picking it up.
-A close up of a comb running through Roger's hair.
-A close up of the Griffon's headlights turning on as the engine starts.

3. Roger drives the Griphon out on to the street.

4. Dorothy stops briefly to see Roger passing by in the opposite direction. (Dorothy is walking back to the mansion while Roger leaving carry out a negotiation.)

5. Brick Ballades starts playing and Roger begins his usual narration.
Big Jauln 05-28-2007 08:06 PM
A sky high view of paradigm city, and the end of a megadues fight, with big o in the shadows like revolver said. And someone like Roger, Dorothy, or maybe even Schwartzvald narrating.