[Fan Fiction] Series: Songfics

Zayne 04-21-2007 06:07 PM
For anyone who's read Life in Black and Yellow, this is the Yin Nakahara (or Edogawa; I forget just which last name I gave her there) who produced Zayne and the grandmother of Caleia and Bonny. If you haven't read it, go do it.

"Don't Let Me Get Me" ~Yin Nakahara
Song by Pink

Never win first place, I don't support the team
I can't take direction, and my socks are never clean

Yin looked sadly at the mass of dirty laundry that poured out of the back room in the Edogawa mansion, sighing as she rose from the floor. The whole room stank up fermenting sweat and rotting onigiri.

Teachers dated me, my parents hated me
I was always in a fight cuz I can't do nothin' right

She glanced over her shoulder at her parents, who were fighting again. As always, it was about her. Her father was calling her a slut and a waste of money. Her mother was insisting she wasn't Nakahara's baby. Yin hung her head and went into the closet to her right.

Everyday I fight a war against the mirror
I can't take the person starin' back at me
I'm a hazard to myself

Yin hurled a rock into the mirrors the surrounded her in the closet, causing them all to shatter in a rain storm of silver around her. Despite the glass now littering the floor, she fell to her knees and looked down at her hands, which were cut and bloody.

Don't let me get me
I'm my own worst enemy
Its bad when you annoy yourself
So irritating
Don't wanna be my friend no more
I wanna be somebody else
I wanna be somebody else, yeah

"Yin, are you all right?" Roger asked, looking over the back of the couch to his roommate on the floor. She was on her knees, her face in her hands, shoulders shaking.
She nodded. "I'm fine, Roger."

LA told me, "You'll be a pop star,
All you have to change is everything you are."
Tired of being compared to damn Britney Spears
She's so pretty, that just ain't me

"Edogawa!" Beck roared. "Get your ass up here and help me!!"
Yin nodded and climbed up to the shoulder of the gaudy yellow Megadeus. It was an eletrical connection, something Beck had avoided the past few months since his escape from prison. She could understand why; Beck and eletricity didn't mix, like water and cats.

Doctor, doctor won't you please prescribe
somethin
A day in the life of someone else?
Cuz I'm a hazard to myself

Don't let me get me
I'm my own worst enemy
So irritating
I wanna be somebody else

She'd done too much. Her body was collapsing on itself. Her hands shook, and her knees buckled. She heard a familiar voice shout "YIN!" but she didn't respond. Yin fell back into Roger's arms and looked up sedatedly into his eyes.
"Kill me, Roger," she begged. "Please."

Don't let me get me
I'm my own worst enemy
So irritating
I wanna be somebody else

Doctor, doctor won't you please prescribe
somethin
A day in the life of someone else?
Don't let me get me

"Will she be all right?" Roger asked the doctor, for once at a stalemate with Beck over the young woman.
"She will be. She just overworked herself. Leave her here for a few days and let her rest. There's another thing, Mr. Smith."
Roger swallowed.
"Well, what the f--k is it?!" Beck demanded.
"She's pregnant."

Don't let me get me
I'm my own worst enemy
So irritating
I wanna be somebody else
Dangerous 04-21-2007 06:12 PM
Smile
Nine Kuze 04-21-2007 06:46 PM
Ooo, a continuation of Life in Yellow and Black. Cool.

quote:
Originally posted by Zayne
Tired of being compared to damn Britney Spears
She's so pretty, that just ain't me

I didn't like this, only because I never found her attractive to begin with but other than that (and the incorrect spelling of electricity, sorry I'm picky like that), it was a very good read. Especially liked the ending as well.
Peace.
Zayne 04-21-2007 08:41 PM
Well, the song was actually by Pink. I honestly hate Britney Spears.
Nine Kuze 04-21-2007 08:44 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Zayne
Well, the song was actually by Pink. I honestly hate Britney Spears.

Oh, that's why I didn't like the song.

But it matched the rest of the story nonetheless. So nice work on that.
Peace.
Zayne 04-21-2007 08:47 PM
Whoo! I did good!
Nine Kuze 04-21-2007 09:08 PM
Yus! Keep it up!

Are we getting more of this soon?

And how about "Life in Yellow and Black" as well?
Peace.
Zayne 04-21-2007 11:53 PM
"When the Sand Runs Out" ~Roger Smith
Song by Rascal Flatts

Roger stood at the foot of the grave, staring at the oak coffin as it lowered into the earth. His heart was clenched, like his hand around his wife's. He could barely swallow with the combination of his daughter singing as the coffin descended and the pure grief he felt. His best friend -- his old partner and colleague -- was dead, dead from a single lucky bullet in his chest. His will had requested that his goddaughter sing at the funeral, and that's what she did, despite the tears down her face.

I spent the morning at an old friend's grave
Flowers and Amazing Grace, he was a good man
He spent his whole life spinnin' his wheels
Never knowin' how the real thing feels
He never took a chance or took the time to dance
And I stood there thinking as I said goodbye
Today is the first day of the rest of my life

Yin gave a quiet whimper as she turned away from the grave and buried her face in Roger's shoulder. His arm wound around her shaking frame, and he hugged her close to him. Daustan, he reflected, never married, never felt the joy of having children. No, he had been in love with his work, though it caused him headaches. Again, Roger's heart gave a tight squeeze, making his almost nauseous. Saying goodbye wasn't his forte. Especially to Dan Daustan.

I'm gonna stop lookin' back and start movin' on
And learn how to face my fears
Love with all of my heart, make my mark
I wanna leave something here
Go out on a ledge, with out any net
That's what I'm gonna be about
Yeah I wanna be runnin'
When the sand runs out

The mourners were beginning to streak away, mostly other Military Police officers reluctant to say goodbye to their major whom they'd served. The spades of earth echoed -- thud, thud, thud -- in Roger's ears, in time with his breaking heartbeats. His other arm wrapped around Yin and drew her closer to him. He kissed her forehead and rested his chin on his head. He felt helpless, like one of the number of cases that hadn't gotten their loved one back alive. He felt like the man who'd expected to see him friend alive and well, smiling and laughing, not lying on a mortician's slab with a hole in his chest. It was a feeling that frightened him; he felt hollow, like a walking corpse.

Cause people do it everyday
Promise themselves they're gonna change
I've been there, but I'm changin' from the inside out
That was then and this is now
I'm a new man, yeah, I'm a brand new man
And when they carve my stone they'll write these words
"Here lies a man who lived life for all that its worth"

The shovels patted down the earth now, and the last of Roger's hope the experience was a dream faded away. It was real. He was all but alone now. Yin, wrapped so tightly in his arms and shaking, was like a light in the darkness, but it didn't matter to an un-manned ship. Roger felt like a craft without a captain or crew. Just... empty. Big O without a dominus, Paradigm without a Negotiator, Yin without their daughter.... It felt wrong. He turned her face down into his wife's hair, and for the first time he could remember, he cried. Not sobbing, but with tears raining down his cheeks into her black hair.

And as the cold wind blows across the graveyard
I think I hear the voice of my old friend whisper in my ear
I'm gonna stop lookin' back and start movin' on
Learn how to face my fears
Love with all of my heart, make my mark
I wanna leave something here
Go out on a ledge, with out any net
That's what I'm gonna be about
Yeah I wanna be runnin'
When the sand runs out

"I wanna be runnin'," Zayne sang finally, "when the sand runs out...." Tears were running down her face. All was done. Everything. Her godfather was gone, her father had broken, and she was ready to break down herself. She walked back to her parents from her place at the head of the grave and hugged him, sandwiched between Yin and Roger. The sun sank, the dying ember of hope that Daustan was still alive.
Mrs. Beck 04-27-2007 11:06 PM
Nice work here, my dear friend. Happy You write really nice songfics ... of course, I've told you that before, but oh well. ^^; My brain's on the fritz at the moment, so that'll have to do.
I still think that the second one is one of your best to date, though. I don't know, it's just so ... so ... rich! Sad, yes, but rich, nonetheless.

Anyway, keep it up, mi amiga!! ^_^