my man is back and better than ever!

d-d-d-dumbass 04-20-2007 05:42 PM
CRAYON SHIN CHAN IS BACK, YO! he is super cool.
Sharpshooter005 04-21-2007 12:57 AM
I saw one of those.

It amused me when the stuffed rabbit came to life in a nightmarish sequence and called some chick a slut or something, then demanded she make juice.
Nine Kuze 04-21-2007 06:59 AM
Who keeps making these threads?

Yeah, instead of Ghost in the Shell now, they're showing Shin Chin and still have InuYasha one after that back to back. And no don't worry, I don't think that was suppose to make any type of f***ing sense either.

Also, I made a thread about it last year as the animation and just about everything else is crude, but the writing is quite funny. I remember stuff like oral sexual innuendo and detachable shower heads used for pleasure being thrown around and whatnot, so yeah. Interesting writing if nothing else.
Peace.
Sharpshooter005 04-21-2007 01:24 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
but the writing is quite funny.

From what I understand, they redid the scripts for it like uh....that one show I've never seen/heard of but that everyone seems to know of, where the dubbing company just went "lets write our own script and just have it be in a mocking tone"
d-d-d-dumbass 04-23-2007 10:03 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
I saw one of those.

It amused me when the stuffed rabbit came to life in a nightmarish sequence and called some chick a slut or something, then demanded she make juice.

yeah that was really funny. i liked how they used Jerry Jewel as the voice for the rabbit, i dont know why i liked it so much. i guess becasue i like the way his voice sounds.

Shin chan's animation is crude, but the humor makes up for it. i love how Shin is alwys mking references to his mom's flat chest. it makes me laugh. another new episode comes on tonight, so i am looking foreward to it.

and if Funimation really did re-write a script and just went with it, then they did a good job. i havent ever heard of this, though. if there is another anime in which they did that, i owuld like to see it.
evanASF27 04-23-2007 12:47 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
but the writing is quite funny.

From what I understand, they redid the scripts for it like uh....that one show I've never seen/heard of but that everyone seems to know of, where the dubbing company just went "lets write our own script and just have it be in a mocking tone"

"Ghost Stories", perhaps? Tho the english dub was histerical because the VA's actually rewrote the whole thing to be that funny... it was the "classic" kids getting caught up in supernatural crap in the Japanese version.

Shin Chan, as I understand it, was even more crazy in the Japanese version... so... adult swim is pretty showing an toned down version of the show, if you can believe it. O.o
Inigo Montoya 04-23-2007 01:11 PM
"Toned down?"

Jesus. This is why I don't watch Adult Swim anymore.
War.
Sharpshooter005 04-23-2007 01:39 PM
quote:
Shin Chan, as I understand it, was even more crazy in the Japanese version... so... adult swim is pretty showing an toned down version of the show, if you can believe it. O.o

quote:

Jesus. This is why I don't watch Adult Swim anymore.

From what I know all the jokes in the original Japanese version are based on cultural mannerisms which don't really exist here, so it'd be pretty terrible unless you're familiar with Japan or are a weeaboo pretending you are.

Which I guess is why they redubbed it so instead of "OH HO HO HO HE JUST MADE A MALAPROP WHEN GREETING SOMEONE, THATS NOT RIGHT LOL" it's a father casually remarking "tape fixes everything, except condoms, right (whatever the toddler is called.)?"
d-d-d-dumbass 04-23-2007 05:39 PM
I HEARD THAT!!!
the baby's name is Hima.

I LAUGHED SO LOUD WHEN I HEARD THAT!
super hilarious, yo.
Sharpshooter005 04-28-2007 03:50 PM
Are the episodes they're running now the ones without evan dorkin and sarah dyer on the writing staff (one of them wrote some of the space ghost coast to coast episodes, the first time they ran this shin-chan thing everyone seemed to credit them with the fact it was funny). Cause yeah I remember there being this whole uproar that the show was going to jump the shark without them.

I hadn't seen it until they started reairing it/airing the new ones/whatever this is now, so I can't tell.