Last Episode of Ed, Edd, and Eddy? (very confused.)

paul1290 04-15-2007 08:40 AM
I've run into some conflicting bits of news about this.

A Cartoon Network ad announced that the final episode of Ed, Ed, and Eddy will be showed on April 27. I'm not 100% sure whether or not to believe this because Cartoon Network ads have been misleading in the past.

The schedule had stated earlier that that the 6th and final season won't begin until May 7 and that a movie had been in the works for several months. Also, it was said just 5 days ago that a new special Episode of Ed, Edd, and Eddy will be aired on May 11 as a part of the "Cartoon Network Invaded" event.

On the other hand, www.the3eds.com states that the 6th season will only consist of 2 special episodes (3 counting the "Cartoon Network Invaded" event) and the movie, but I wasn't able to find this piece of news anywhere else.

Can anyone confirm or un-confirm any of these?

The series is going to end pretty soon either way. I've been a fan of Ed, Edd, and Eddy since the very first episode and I never thought it would stay so funny for so long (8 years! Big Grin ). I sure hope it gets a good ending.
Dangerous 04-15-2007 09:25 AM
There is a start and an end to this stupid cartoon ? I wish Ed, Edd and Eddy to be replaced by the Big O, in Cartoon Network. Unfortunately the kids who watch CN have no taste ...

Well, anyway, I prefered Dexter's Laboratory.
paul1290 04-15-2007 09:31 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Samir Souleyman
I wish Ed, Edd and Eddy to be replaced by the Big O, in Cartoon Network.

That doesn't make any sense. Ed, Edd, and Eddy is in a completely different catagory. I can't see how it could be replaced by Big-O in the same time slot.

Big-O can only be shown on Toonami or Adult Swim due to its content.

If Ed, Edd, and Eddy get's replaced, it will probably be replaced by one of Cartoon Network's horrible new shows like My Gym Partner is a Monkey or Squirrel boy. That would be bad.
Dangerous 04-15-2007 09:36 AM
Right. "The Big O" was displayed later in the evening, like "the Justice League" and "Batman".

However Cartoon Network Europe still displays animes like Ed + ... Dexter's lab, Scooby Doo, etc ... even in the evenings. There is no more Teen Titans, Justice League, etc ... Even the Looney Tunes are gone in their programme.

CN Europe is just for kids now. Not for teenagers anymore.
paul1290 04-15-2007 09:49 AM
You guys still get Dexter's Lab? You guys are very lucky.

Over here pretty much all of those of cartoons are gone and all the new cartoons are just horrible.

Dexter's Lab, Johnny Bravo, and pretty much all the others stopped showing long ago. Ed, Edd, and Eddy and Courage the Cowardly Dog are pretty much the only cartoons of that generation that are still surviving. Once those two shows are gone, there won't be anything good on CN curing the daytime for a long time. Frown
Dangerous 04-15-2007 01:18 PM
Dexter's Laboratory, Courage the cowardly dog, Johnny Bravo, the Justice League, Batman, Samourai Jack, the Looney Tunes and The Big O were my favorite animes on CN.

But now they displayed, for a long time ago, Hi Hi Puffy Amiyumi, The Misadventures of King Arthur, The Powerpuff Girls, Tom & Jerry, Foster and other foolish animes. However they display NARUTO. But I am not a fan of this anime, and I never watch this, even if it is a good anime.
Ace of Spades 04-16-2007 11:13 AM
If this truly is the last episode. This means that the last of the original Cartoon Cartoons will finally be retired to that huge vault in the sky.
Sharpshooter005 04-16-2007 02:24 PM
quote:
Tom & Jerry

Tom & Jerry is old looney tunes era (well..I think its from the 40s and looney tunes predates it by about a decade. That general time period though).

Unless they made an updated one, I wouldn't know I don't watch any of this...I saw five minutes of the cartoon where death is stalking these two little kids or whatever, and flipped the channel once this green thing started screaming
Hollow XXVI 04-17-2007 06:55 PM
I hate Fred Fredburger.

Also I really like Foster's, and..have not watched the Ed's for many years, so..

I do think Gym Partner and Squirrel Boy are pretty WTF though.

Another good one? Camp Lazlo.
Madrona 04-18-2007 01:43 PM
Fear not, it will live again...and again...and again...on Boomarang.

To my eternal chagrin

quote:
saw five minutes of the cartoon where death is stalking these two little kids or whatever, and flipped the channel once this green thing started screaming

The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy. I kinda like it, kinda don't. If we could just cut Billy out of it.

And Foster's is awesome
Ace of Spades 04-18-2007 01:46 PM
"Are donations bigger than a Bread Box?" timeless...
Sharpshooter005 04-18-2007 03:07 PM
Come to think of it, the episode I saw like barely involved the actual grim reaper who I assumed was largely the premise of the show. It was just moody "I'M SO DARK" girl and her retarded tagalong getting screamed at by..

quote:
I hate Fred Fredburger.

Yeah this grating motherf***er.
Hollow XXVI 04-18-2007 05:57 PM
Yeah actually I hate Mandy more than Billy. At least Billy's retarded humor is actually funny. Mandy I just want to hit with a rake, but OH I CAN'T she'd block it with AWESOME EMO MIND POWERS or something.
d-d-d-dumbass 04-18-2007 06:07 PM
i enjoy almost of all of CN's new cartoons, but i also love the old ones.

i am sad to say goodbye to Ed, Ed and Eddy. really, sad. if its true, which i think it is. i have to check to make sure, thoguh.

i didnt like Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi, Teen Titans or the Powerpuff Girls, i thought they were annoying. but that is just my opinion. and Squirrel Boy is kind of dumb.

i can tget enough of Foster's, Camp Lazlo, Bill and Mandy, and Gym Partner.
Capt. Quekolis 04-18-2007 07:53 PM
I love that show. It is going to be sad to say goodbye.
evanASF27 04-28-2007 03:29 PM
So... today is the "Last Day Edder".

Whole day was a marathon of Ed Edd and Eddy cartoons. In about 2 hours is the debut of the final episode. It's really cool seeing these episodes again, and I love the commentary from the show's creator... tho I don't really like the recent episodes with the kids going to school.

... I dunno if I'll be around to see it, since I might have to be to rehersal early >_> (I'm in an opera) ... but damn I really wanna see the last episode.
Sharpshooter005 04-28-2007 03:43 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Hollow XXVI
Yeah actually I hate Mandy more than Billy. At least Billy's retarded humor is actually funny. Mandy I just want to hit with a rake, but OH I CAN'T she'd block it with AWESOME EMO MIND POWERS or something.

My favorite was the awful, unbelievably copyright infringing webcomic someone made which...for those of you unfamiliar with it, it presupposes that mandy eventually has a kid with death incarnate. I'll let you mull the specifics of that over, a little cartoon girl being impregnated by death (oh also it insinuates she orchestrated 9/11).

Then at one point theres a crossover with nightmare before christmas, at which point the title of the comic should just have been changed to "exhibit A" for convenience when it was used as evidence during the lawsuit which could have so easily been filed.
The Big Finale 04-28-2007 04:11 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
My favorite was the awful, unbelievably copyright infringing webcomic someone made which...for those of you unfamiliar with it, it presupposes that mandy eventually has a kid with death incarnate.

Two kids, actually. One of which was born a skeleton. And it didn't insinuate anything, since that requires being subtle about it.

I read Bleedman's stuff and generally speaking enjoy doing so, but sometimes even I can't say "this idea isn't QUITE mind-blowingly bad".
Sharpshooter005 04-28-2007 05:11 PM
quote:
Originally posted by The Big Finale
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
My favorite was the awful, unbelievably copyright infringing webcomic someone made which...for those of you unfamiliar with it, it presupposes that mandy eventually has a kid with death incarnate.

Two kids, actually. One of which was born a skeleton.

If it was half-skeleton half-normal person, wouldn't it be like..some hideous abomination, partially covered in flesh and muscle, with half-formed organs, just sort of perpetually groaning "EVERY MOMENT I EXIST IS AGONY."

Now see THAT would be a better premise
Hienrich Ele 04-28-2007 05:22 PM
Ed, Edd, and Eddy was a great, great show. 8 years? God Almighty time flies. Back in my day, when there were only 150 Pokemon, Ed, Edd, and Eddy was the triumph of cartoons. Standing proudly along side the other titans of Cartoon Network.

Shame to see it go, but at least there is a marathon. I've totally been watching it all day.